Grimsby/Scunthorpe Telegraph

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Grimsby/Scunthorpe Telegraph

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Scunny top of the league after 3 games, the Telegraph still catching up. The last SUFC article on their “Visit our Scunthorpe United page for the latest on the Iron” is dated 26th May. The 3 latest articles are all about Grimsby Town (latest 26th June). In the last 5 weeks there have been 19 articles on GTFC on their Telegraph page including news and match reports. Now I know they’re EFL and we’re NLN but just a hint of bias do you think? If they advertise “the latest on The Iron” then they have to do better than this or just delete the page.

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Yes they are a disgrace just like radio hullberside, lazy journalism and codhead orientated,don’t deserve being supported!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It all began when the Scunny Tel offices closed and it’s now run from Grimsby. Try to find junior football tables and results in the Scunny Tel nowadays, they don’t give a stuff about our sport round this area , just the cod head way, always been very arrogant IMO.

SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

That is because nobody gives a crap about non non league football x

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Not in certain quarters but non league football generally has had a huge increase on popularity in recent times. Just prefer the Iron not to be in it!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I have always thought the Evening Telegraph has been crap having chosen to ignore SUFC ..hey ho life goes on.
    Re non league footy … IMO the interest and standard has improved massively across the whole footballing spectrum from EPL down to NPL .. the National league is catching up to L2 and really should be renamed L3 with the NLN/NLS combined to form the highest non league level as is National league now.. also changes to the daft promotion system would surely create more of a buzz.

Be interesting to see if Scunny do remain high in the NLN if the SGET will start to show more interest until then i suggest all its good for is swotting flies wrapping fish n chips and wiping yer arse on.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The story writers have no idea about the town. In many items they do not even get the correct locations !

TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018
    Topics: 1

It all began when the Scunny Tel offices closed and it’s now run from Grimsby. Try to find junior football tables and results in the Scunny Tel nowadays, they don’t give a stuff about our sport round this area , just the cod head way, always been very arrogant IMO.

Come on … do a bit of homework. The telegraph has had no representation (or premises) in Grimsby for years. It is all run (and printed) in the Leicester area I believe.
    When I rang a number up (to give them a story about an event) it was a reporter based in Scunthorpe that answered!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Could he/she go down to GP then and provide some articles and match reports?
    Maybe the sort of thing that you used to do Bob?

DragonironDragoniron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

The local news went downhill after the journo who broke the “Winterton Stench” article was poached by a bigger outlet to talk about frying eggs on a pavement.

TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018
    Topics: 1

Could he/she go down to GP then and provide some articles and match reports?
    Maybe the sort of thing that you used to do Bob?

Ha Ha ….nice one.

I know the Scunny edition has been a weekly issue for a few years now, but I am very surprised the the Grimsby one is still a daily.
    Over the last couple of years or so, it has risen in price from 55p to 75p, 95p, £1.15, £1.35 and to its current £1.55. Nothing in it that you cant find on the ‘net’. All their footy news appears to be taken from forums etc.
    Somebody needs to make a decision and put it out of its misery.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

How many do they sell daily at £1:55 a pop? Must still be profitable or they’d stop printing surely?

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Come on … do a bit of homework. The telegraph has had no representation (or premises) in Grimsby for years. It is all run (and printed) in the Leicester area I believe.
    When I rang a number up (to give them a story about an event) it was a reporter based in Scunthorpe that answered!

It’s on the back of the paper where it’s printed.

Less than 5,000 copies sold per edition of the Grimsby/Scunthorpe/Hull papers. Do NLC provide it free for their employees, some councils do their local, one of the few that take it anymore.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

We faithfully bought the Scunny Tel until about six months ago, which is probably five years longer then we should have but finally admitted defeat and binned it. Just a lack of local news apart from the odd article, stories penned about topics unrelated to our town and area and just a mass of adverts which included plenty of plugs for some local businesses so fair play on that point. No junior football results or league tables for years and in the end the price and lack of local content just made it pointless and not viable anymore. Disappointing because I loved buying my local paper and supporting it’s journalists for many years but alas it’s just the online version now to keep up basically with who’s died and who’s still hanging on, like the Scunny Tel a lot of us ain’t got long left. 😂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.