Goodbye Keith

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Goodbye Keith

• Author
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Totally agree with what you have said Peter Promise. So according to Hill the dire situation our Club is in now is 100% not his fault, is 100% not Chris Swanns fault and is 100% not Peter Swanns fault. Is he having a laugh at us supporters expense. Chris Swann scouted the players, Peter Swann signed the players and Hill signed several of his own players in January. Season after season we have let our better players go and the recruitment has been abysmal. Hill and all the Swanns need to be gone and quick and get new owner/owners in who will show loyalty and dedication to our Club. OH AND GIVE US OUR LAND AND STADIUM BACK WHERE IT BELONGS, AND NOT TRY TO SELL IT AT AN EXHORBITANT RIDICULOUS PRICE THAT NO-ONE WILL WANT TO BUY INTO.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

For those who think Hill is our saviour, consider this. Hills best win percentage was at Tranmere 50%. If we got a 50% win rate in the National League that would mean we would get 66pts plus a few draws. This will be short of the 88+ points needed to bounce straight back to L2. If he was to maintain his 6.06% win rate we will be playing Sunday League Football. Cox was sacked with a 21.74% win petcentage. Paul Hutst with 31.6%. Even Alan Knill managed 20% win petcentage. The stats are there to see. Dont swallow the BS.He talks sbout the culture at the club but has done little or nothing to address it. He is as bad as the wasters he has been in charge of & some of those wasters he signed to stem the rot. We cannot keep this management team of Hill & McMahon if we want to be competitive.However, im sure they will be happy to take another years wage for failure.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Hill is not the answer. I don’t know who is, but along with the key change of club ownership needed, I just don’t see Hill turning the tide. Just my opinion.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Look at all the stats of previous Iron managers. Those with 20+ games in charge – how many have had a win % of 50+?

waltersleftfootwaltersleftfoot
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6

For a so called experienced manager his tactics leave a lot to be desired he plays with no width our full backs are always exposed to play that way you need 2 very good athletes that can get up and down which all play at much higher level the midfield always seems very conjested and we have striker or strikers that can’t even co trol the ball the one that can harry bunn never got a look in i believe Hill was a centre half in his playing days and our defending has been bloody shocking talks a lot of rubbish at times bit like Colin Murphy used to do at Lincoln so for me bye bye Mr Hill just an opinion

1 user thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Problem with the last few managers Les has been the interference from Swanns. None of them have been able to operate in a way they want to. KH alluded to it in his Saturday night rant (nut also said wasn’t their fault – without offering where the problem lay). I don’t agree with KH’s strategy regarding the young lads and I do believe he is a better manager than his results suggest here but he is starting to lose the fanbase because of his constant nonsense he is spouting every single match. Adkins did it sometimes but he used to win football matches.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’ve never been supportive of frequent manager changes but those of you who are favouring Hill staying, what are you basing your opinion on? Regardless of the results and the ‘you know who’ biggest problem, what gives you confidence he’s the man? His track record? Isn’t that trading on the past? The most worrying thing for me going forward is that all this player bad attitude (and the rest) is happening on his watch. He could get in whoever he likes but they’re not necessarily going to stay loyal, particularly in a rotten club, like ours has become. Just wondering if staying with Hill is the easier option than the club finding a better alternative?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

My opinion is based on the fact that an established manager has been tasked with herding cats.

IMHO, as soon as he saw we were doomed, he began to plan for next season. Squeezing every possible minute of time on the pitch out of as many young lads as possible was exactly the right start to planning for next season.

As usual, I’ll say ‘give him til October’. It’s the only fair thing to do and any new manager coming in, who probably would not be an improvement in any case, will not have the faintest inkling of what horrors await in attempting the rebuilding of The Iron.
    Judging KH on results is like cutting someone’s legs off and then kicking them in the head because they don’t tap dance.

We have sacked too many decent enough managers and every attempt to use the untried and untested has not worked too well.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013

The strange thing is every manager has got progressively worse, so I don’t know how to address that trend other than sticking with KH. Cox looked lost, KH looks more lost but has more media soundbites in his armoury, tactically I have seen nothing more from him (in fact less than Cox) but another sacking would only work with new owners.

The way the club is run I don’t believe an answer exists.

I do believe we will be NL North at the end of next season because we still have a lot of dross whose level is exactly that. No manager can stop the rot only new owners

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I do believe we will be NL North at the end of next season because we still have a lot of dross whose level is exactly that. No manager can stop the rot only new owners

Have you not seen UTI99’s post? He has us as NL champions without any additions to what we already have in the squad. Are you not that optimistic?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

My biggest concern isn’t the results Les, it’s the culture we’ve heard about that he’s presided over. And I wouldn’t suggest untried and untested. My point on that was more a questioning why the club might not even be interested in seeking an alternative, for which there must be candidates out there. Even if they were to pursue an alternative, is it clear who’d be making the decision? Lee, Peter or the Board? It’s a dog’s mess but having said all this, of course, if he’s staying I wish him well and hope he can do what I don’t think he can.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Dog’s mess. – Who can argue that?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Dog’s mess. – Who can argue that?

We need someone in with a very large pooper scooper 💩

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

You know what? I’m fecking sick of managers loosing their jobs because of the turds they were expected to polish. Having to play half decent strikers down the wing, because we have no wingers. Stuff like that is more the fault of those who hold the purse strings, but no one is sacking them.

Give Kieth a chance, because there may well not be anyone better available.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

im firmly of the opinion now that Hill is full of shit and comes out with the same post match BS week after week.. totally unfathomable selections and signings … imo hes not all hes cracked up to be re “”experienced” manager and has just wobbled from one game to the next.

Time to go … hes worse than Cox there i said it !! ,,unbelievable but true.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

1) His ‘signings’ were very late January leftovers because a certain party did not lift the embargo.
    2) What can anyone possibly say in post match comments? I’ve been a speaker in a number of contexts and saying anything which doesn’t sound like BS is nigh on impossible in his situation.
    3) He couldn’t have succeeded – nobody could.
    4) Cox created the mess to an extent. I could hardly say that it was all his fault – though.

Let KH do the rebuild and then we’ll see. The problem is that we are both totally guessing. You are guessing that he’s crap and I’m guessing that he isn’t. Time alone can tell, IFA.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’ve been a speaker in a number of contexts too, but what has that got to do with how Hill performs in Pressers? If it sounds like BS, it could well be that. He’s part of a rotten legacy now. I’d prefer it if Lee found an alternative and rebuilds afresh without the stench of abject failure around (and I’m not saying this is Hill’s fault alone by any means).

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Cox this past season – 0.74 points per game.

Hill this past season – 0.44 points per game.

Cox was the pretty much the worst manager in our history…that was until Keith Hill came along! How anyone has any faith in this man is baffling. He replaced a lot of Cox’s dross with his even worse dross in January (most oh whom he had an affiliation with from previous roles). Putting out the team he did on Saturday was insulting to everyone involved in that game, culminating in my complete lack of faith that he is the man to potentially turn our fortunes around!

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

Give Keith a chance ! There’s a song in there somewhere.UTWI

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

It’s all we are saying.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

The silence is deafening! Any new players? any progress? what is the budget for the new season? do you still think Peter is the messiah? Did you find the book of tactics left by Brian Laws in the top left hand drawer of the managers desk?

More worryingly did you read it?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

The silence is deafening! Any new players? any progress? what is the budget for the new season?

Whilst many other clubs across the footballing spectrum are signing , adding players and giving fans updates on their plans both financially and on the pitch what are hearing from the SUFC office or dug out .. absolutely fook all ..WHY?? .. IM GUESSING THERE ISNT A BUDGET OR EVEN A PLAN ITS GONNA BE CARRY ON WHERE WE LEFT OFF WITH THE SAME KIDDY SQUAD ..IF SO we are truly in real trouble.

One Example .. Walsal FC chairman doing interviews with fans answering their questions and even going on YT (walsal fan tv) again letting fans know whats happening in preparation for next season re budget etc.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Yes, IFA.
    Seriously scary, innit?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Turnbull gave the budget. £600,000 from the Efl £100,000 from the national lge season ticket sales, and a projected lower income from the commercial side, he said obviously sponsorship and advertising streams will be down being in the national league, and made it quite clear Peter and Karin (with a big emphasis on Karin) can’t or won’t put any ore money in, though that will supposedly please many operating debt free, not me I want an owner to put money into the club debt free or debt I’m not bothered. So I’m afraid as much as uptheiron galls everyone he is right in what he says about attending and funding the team it really is down to you.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It’s the same response we have had from the club pre season after pre season in recent years, nothing has changed but the fans response to buying season tickets prior to August this year will IMO see a massive change as a result of all this.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘he is right in what he says about attending and funding the team it really is down to you.’

No, it’s down to Swann. End of. An owner who knew what he was doing would be investing for the future but we’ve seen how well that went before haven’t we, so now it’s ‘blame the fans’ time yet again. You’re just feeding the BS as far as I can tell awaywego.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No bullshit Deerey he has said there’s no more money, he used very little of his own money anyway, that’s why he accrued the £11 million debt on the club,money of course that will have to be payed back to the lender, would you borrow more in these times? Especially when he as other fish to fry.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I wouldn’t borrow any more money to fund my absolute disaster of a business, no.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And that’s why we are where we are Deerey.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Should have added, ‘but he should, to make up for his failings. Or sell up ASAP. In the meantime, stop blaming the fans’

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.