Goodbye Keith

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Goodbye Keith

• Author
    JackieJackie
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 3

For all Hill’s talk of building for the future, unless it’s a comedy club he was aiming for he has fallen wide of the mark.
    Surely he has to go, the team has no direction and no tactical nous.
    He set the team up to fail today,he should resign, he’s just not up to the job.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    forever ironforever iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 5

We cannot keep sacking manager’s he has a decent track record let’s see what next season looks like when he can get the player’s he really wants not just what’s left after everyone else has had their pick like it was in January.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

What makes you think that the players he wants will want to come here, just asking.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant
    Registered On: March 31, 2022

P 32 w 2. D9 L 21. Not very impressive,even with all the constraints on him. Not exactly a tactical genius. Get rid before we drop any lower

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

If he’s any self respect left he’ll resign.

Unless he has a cunning plan!

SD0101SD0101
    Participant

Haven’t read his match report yet no doubt it will be. The boys gave their all. Rebuilding takes time proud of them. The usual rubbish to hide his failure. Lambs to the slaughter.well done to anyone who traveled to watch them hope you get your money back

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Watson
    Rowe
    Delaney
    Young
    O’Malley
    Feeney
    Grant
    Beeston
    Hackney
    Bunn
    Nuttall

That team still probably gets beaten at Bristol today but they would not have embarrassed the club or scarred a bunch of teenagers trying to make their way in the game.

I really feel for the likes of Lobley and Foster. In my opinion Hill has put the juniors out to protect his own reputation and shows no respect for the youngsters, for Northampton, for the integrity of the game or for Scunthorpe United.

Supported him fully since he got here but he should be at the Job Centre on Monday.

Grange Lane IronGrange Lane Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

I can no longer defend him after that interview on Humberside. Time to go Keith.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

ctually disgusted at what Hill did today. He’s not planning anything he’s destroying confidence. Don’t give me the BS about seeing who has the right attitude. This is what happens when these players come up against a team who isn’t on the beach playing reserves and has something to play for.
    He is just ruining careers before they start. So do we wait until 8 defeats and 2 draws into next season and then get rid – with the burden of his team in place – or do we get rid now? He has a lot of cards that he has played to forgive this shower but today was just embarrassing for everyone connected to the club. I watched that today to say goodbye to the FL status but it was maybe saying goodbye to SUFC. Swann (and Hill) have a lot to answer for

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I think you will have to wait for any new owners for a change of manager. I suspect Hill has been a success in some peoples eyes.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant

You are right Cassidy. Old school,pat on the back .talks the talk doesn’t walk the walk

Rafc1968Rafc1968
    Participant
    Registered On: February 13, 2022
    Topics: 0

As a Dale fan I am sorry to see you guys go out of the league and hope you bounce back to the FL as soon as possible.
    As for Keith Hill he was and always will be Rochdales greatest ever manager and I know how much he will be hurting like everyone else at SUFC.
    Is he outspoken-Yes
    Has he got a big gob-Yes
    Does he make mistakes-Yes
    I could go on but give him a chance to build a squad during the summer and I am sure he will turn your fortunes around.
    Good Luck

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Rafc, he might have been your best But he is our worst, and that is saying something after following on from Neil Cox. Good luck to you, shall miss your chippy.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant

Came to save us knew all the pitfalls didn’t sign up with a blindfold on. All managers hurt when they fail. But sorry he is a tactical dinosaur .need some fresh ideas

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Another Swann sycophant?

Keith Hill: Scunthorpe United boss says ‘terrible’ culture at relegated club must change

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61365153

If it’s not the Swann’s fault or his fault, then who’s is it?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Wheres all that Keith will lick em into shape, he won’t stand no shite, he’ll stand up to Swanny or he’ll walk bullshit, in his interview today he more of less said the players are doing what THEY want, more up Swannys Arse than the previous incumbent. I do hope he’s gone next season.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

i was happy to see KH come here .. gave him time as he did inherit a crock of shite from Cox .. alas times up and his so called experience and footballing nous have been missing in action with constant strange team selections and signings culminating in total and utter embarassment today.

bye bye the the EFL and so it should be to Keith …thanks …for nothing.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

KH did himself few favours with the fans by standing up for you-know-who when all he had to do was grit his teeth and remain silent.
    As our tame Rochdale fan has sort of stated, ‘The guy does know what he’s doing – give him a chance.’
    (After all – he hasn’t really had one yet!)

Incidentally, how many of those youngsters, knowing the dangers, would have opted not to play yesterday? – Suspiciously close to zero, I’d expect.
    Important lessons were learned – and if that makes ’em go running whimpering into a corner – then so be it. It’s a tough life – get used to it or fail. They are not hothouse plants.

WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

He might have said it’s not the swann’s fault to protect his job, but he did say he needs total control with regards recruitment and his budget. We all know our managers haven’t had that and it’s cost us in recent years.
    What hill said about the bad attitude and culture was the same as what karacan said at the end of last season.
    We need to clear out players with the bad attitudes and inadequate ability. I think hill deserves to be judged when he has a competitive squad. This squad would be comfortably relegated regardless of who was in charge.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    SD0101SD0101
    Participant

I thought it was a good appointment and expected with his experience he might be able to turn it around and put some fight back into the team. Unfortunately not and is now turning the attention to the bad apples in the team .surely it was his job to manage these players either to crack down on them or bring them on board. His stats here are dreadful. Tactically I don’t think he knows what he is doing.we gave up the season too early with this rebuilding for next season yarn to keep himself in a job .hopefully I’m wrong and he does it for next season but sorry Keith look at your results her and admit you failed

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

When Cox finally got the bullet there were two names being bandied about on here. Hill and Adkins.

Very much a head vs heart decision. At the time of his appointment I think most were satisfied with it.

Maybe what followed was as much a shock to Hill as it was to us fans.

Robbins given a new contract with Coventry this week. Alexander, after his usual springtime dip, aiming to get Motherwell into Europe (KvV with the winner yesterday). Even Russ taking over at rock bottom Farsley and keeping them up by the skin of their teeth.

We’ve had some capable managers under Swann but each time it’s gone tits-up.

Things have to change. Personally I can’t see it happening without a complete clear out, top to bottom.

The thing is, if we chose the best available last time, who the hell are we going to get now?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I like the bit where he said he’s ready to turn to the club’s youngsters, lol.

WonderfulWhartonWonderfulWharton
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 2

Regardless of circumstances – worst manager in our history bar none.

We were always going to struggle this season but there is absolutely no excuse for the way we’ve been relegated. Gutless, clueless, without fight, without pride, without any desire whatsoever. And that’s not the players. The manager made his mind up a long time ago that we were down and he was going to throw the kids to the wolves. His time here was optimised by starting young Lobley yesterday then hauling him off. He’s absolutely diabolical.

If, and currently it’s a big if, but if we do get new owners then the first job they must do it get a new manager in.

I’m not a fan of sacking managers and I firmly believe much of Swann’s downfall has been from doing that far far too often but that can not excuse not sacking Hill. He’s atrocious.

We all know where the root cause of the problem lays but it’s essential when that problem is gone, we must not start next season with Hill at the helm.

UTI

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Oh great. We are to start looking for someone better than the highly respected Keith Hill; somebody with a better record and starting the whole absurd management replacement thing once more. Terrific.

Didn’t the former Chairman said he’d pay up the debt IF needed to allow proper signings in January.
    If that’s what happened – then clearly ALL blame is on Hill.
    If it did not then …

Too many people have got upset about awful results when the season was already dead. Playing young uns was exactly the right course to take. Planning for next season

SD0101SD0101
    Participant

Obviously some people are happy with his record here and believe he is the man for the job. I worry that we have always struggled to get players to come here and now coming to play under hill could be another. Admittedly he has had his restraints but surely as a former central defender he would have preferred to play in front of an experienced goalkeeper rather than nursemaid a young keeper so why didn’t he try to source an experienced one. Or maybe his contacts aren’t that good.we shall have to see.

KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022

Mr Hill is now saying that the players were ill disciplined and that this is one of the main reasons for the clubs failure. No mention of why this was allowed to happen. Mr Hill may have been a success in the past decade but he has not motivated the players one iota. He has shown us NOTHING. He now goes on record as saying Bolton and Tranmere threw him under the bus. You gotta ask yourself why. Bye bye Keith its time to be thrown under the Scunny bus. We cannot suffer any worse than we are now. As many have said we need a total clear out.its time to start again.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant

Watched Wrexham v Stockport earlier some big rough and tuffies players there,obviously not playing for peanuts if hill plays our schoolboys against those teams they will be eaten alive

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Too many people have got upset about awful results when the season was already dead. Playing young uns was exactly the right course to take. Planning for next season

Codswallop! Results were awful (and worse than Cox!) before he decided to throw every youngster possible into the firing line.

emmjayPeter Promise
    Participant
    Registered On: June 15, 2017
    Topics: 7

Lesgeo.Our opinions differ on this.I agree that Hill was highly respected but is he now?His recent managerial record is nothing to shout about.
    I take your point re. Swann and January and completely agree that he is the root cause of our problems.
    I umderstand that Hill cannot be seen to criticise him at all,but to still be coming out and saying that our problems go beyond Swann is a step too far for me.
    Hill joined us in November.Surely the season wasn`t dead then.
    His record with us is abysmal.,worse than Coxs,culminating in yeterdays horror show.
    What is better now than when he arrived?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Swann has officially put the club up for sale, that’s what’s better since Hill arrived!!! Guys have your say by all means but stop griping about the last few months, it’s the last four years that have done for us. Playing weakened teams, not signing better players, not going down with enough passion!!! What a load of bollocks, get over yourselves and see what happens with new owners and a new season with a chance to sign players that actually want to come and are good enough. If not it’s relegation again or liquidation, you will bloody moan then.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.