Goodbye Keith

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Goodbye Keith

• Author
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

2021/22 National League kicked off on 21st of August!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The national League don’t normally announce the season start date till after their playoff final, this year’s final is on the 5th of June.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

NL – a difficult league.

Cods are currently 7th, yet have lost a third of their games.
    Played 37, lost 12.

Tin hats & flak jackets needed for next season. It’s going to be a long war.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Played 37, lost 12.

I’d definitely take that sort of record for us next season!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Even though i do have a black sheep relative living in a tin shed in Grimesby i really dont like codneads .. they smell, most have a limp and, going by their most prominent YT vloggers they never completed full time education and need to go on a diet thats does not include Coke, Chips and Lard butties ..

On the footballing front i would hate them to get a sneaky promotion via the NL playoffs that would really make my piss boil.

Disclaimer ..tho its the truth no offence was intended when writing this post and i apologize if any Cods broke into a sweat when reading it prior to their weekly counciling session and collecting their benefits…maybe a stroll down Cleggy prom will blow away any angst.

Back on topic .. im starting to swing ..no no not that way , is Hill the right man for the job .. pushed to offer either a straight YES or NO ..it would be a NO from me…purely on what he hasnt achieved and the way he sucks up to Swann.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    basilrobbiebasilrobbie
    Participant
    Registered On: April 13, 2022
    Topics: 0

Hi, new poster here (Blackpool fan).

I think the NL is a beast of a League and I don’t envy you the challenge of it. I have spent a fair amount of time following Southend’s first season down there, and they struggled mightily until they banned Phil Brown and brought in a management team that seems to be competent, if no better.

It looks as thought at least one and maybe both of Chesterfield and Wrexham will still be in the Division next season, but the real “hidden” value in the Division is the smallish clubs like Solihull, Bromley, Halifax and Boreham Wood, who might have a small fan base but are extremely well organised.

Can I ask, how has Feeney done for you? He was very good for us, but I think we moved him on at the right time.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Feeney tries a lot and can’t fault it but I think he’s just run out of steam which is a shame

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Johnson & Sunak

They should both be looking for new jobs this summer.
    Maybe they can become the modern day Clough & Taylor?
    At least Sunak should have the ability to manage the budget?
    Johnson has more front than Blackpool to blag the opposition in to psychobabble submission!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Johnson very much like Adkins very likable fellow, could do very well here, bet he could get more out of the players than Hill as up to now. As for Sunak he wasted to much money overspending on COVID help, tests, and injections,bit like swanny and Wharton, one trying to get us in the championship and the other trying to keep us there.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Very poor analogies awaywego, and sacrilege comparing Adkins to Johnson in any way, shape or form.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Both likeable fellows tick, and sunak swann and Wharton all overspent tick, where’s the poor analogies Deerey. If Renee’s are ok.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Both likeable fellows – cross!

One an Iron Legend.

One a lying tw*t!

7 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Johnson very much like Adkins very likable fellow, could do very well here, bet he could get more out of the players than Hill as up to now. As for Sunak he wasted to much money overspending on COVID help, tests, and injections,bit like swanny and Wharton, one trying to get us in the championship and the other trying to keep us there.

Johnson, likable? His bumbling oaf persona is engineered and many who know him find him a nasty piece of work. Just ask Max Hastings. :-)

Unlike Johnson, I don’t get the impression that Adkins is a selfish, narcissist who wants power for his own prestige. ;-)

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Both likeable fellows tick, and sunak swann and Wharton all overspent tick, where’s the poor analogies Deerey. If Renee’s are ok.

Lol, there you go with that classic ‘awaywego irony’!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

But Boris is a winner just like Adkins.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Siderite said: ‘Johnson, likeable? etc etc’

Someone must have liked him at some point. Mayor of London. Prime Minister. Obviously things emerge and perspectives change … but ‘likeable’ is such a vague and especially subjective term. For example I quite ‘like’ the bumbling, manipulative, biffing, bonking, ‘I’ve never done my homework and am not starting now’ old buffoon …. but thats not the same as trusting him to run the country. The alternatives offered … Jezzer and Sir Keir … would you want to have a few pints and a laugh with them? ( oh… non football!) errrr …’would you rather sit next to them on a coach to watch us at Solihull Moors or would you prefer Boris?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

Someone must have liked him at some point. Mayor of London. Prime Minister. Obviously things emerge and perspectives change … but ‘likeable’ is such a vague and especially subjective term. For example I quite ‘like’ the bumbling, manipulative, biffing, bonking, ‘I’ve never done my homework and am not starting now’ old buffoon …. but thats not the same as trusting him to run the country. The alternatives offered … Jezzer and Sir Keir … would you want to have a few pints and a laugh with them? ( oh… non football!) errrr …’would you rather sit next to them on a coach to watch us at Solihull Moors or would you prefer Boris?

Actually I’d hold my nose and travel with Boris, we’d have a coach full of booze as the rules don’t apply to him, or so he thought. 🤬💩🍑

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Precisely what I meant by persona. He has engineered a front which appears likable, but on the level of his actual personality I don’t get the impression he is remotely amiable and is rather entitled and uninterested in anyone other than himself.

I would much rather have a pint with Keir, dull public persona aside, because I don’t get the impression he is a sociopathic, lying narcissist who would ditch you the moment it became beneficial for his career. ;-) He can make as many off the cuff remarks about Peppa pig world to make him loook the jovial, oafish eccentic, he is still an unloyal charlatan who was sacked from journalism for lying and has now lied to the public. :-)

As for ‘Jezza’ he is unlikable too, for different reasons. :-)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Are we talking about the same Starmer, the one who ditched Jezza and all the policy’s he backed, the one who lied about accepting the Brexit vote, and being the architect of the policy wanting a second referendum, or the Starmer who said he’s prepared to break his leadership bid pledge’s to make labour electable. I’ll have a pint with Boris after all he does know how to have a good time.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Oh no. Starmer ditched policies and the leader which lost an election! God forbid. :-)

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Will you all just feck off with your political bollocks. Depressing enough that it’s a match day tomorrow.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Why’s is it ok for Starmer to lie and ditch but not Boris?.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Will you all just feck off with your political bollocks. Depressing enough that it’s a match day tomorrow.

^^

I would give a detailed answer, but in the absence of a non-football section I suspect any further correspondence would only irritate others. All I will say is there is a difference between changing tack in what policies you pursue when you realise it’s not workable or popular and a PM who knowingly said he didn’t do something when he did and fobbed off everyone about work dos.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

A day out at Orient and London depressing, give over.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It is when you realise that tomorrow might well be the last time an Orient away trip happens for a while. :-(

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Other alternatives will be available next season. Gloom and doom,Gloom and doom.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

It is when you realise that tomorrow might well be the last time an Orient away trip happens for a while.

Were you saying that when they went out of the Football League in 2017?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Yes agree an accurate and most eloquent statement .. politics n footy should not collide IMO though the behaviour in the Houses Of Parliament do often mirror those in the Man City Athletico Madrid CL fixture tother day.

Back on topic .. i reckon if a simple YES/NO answer poll was taken Hill to stay it would be split right down the middle.. a few weeks ago i was a defo YES …alas now im a not.

TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018
    Topics: 1

I mentioned quite a while ago that I didn’t believe that Keith Hill would be in charge next season regardless of what both he and the (ex) chairman claimed.
    If relegation is confirmed today, will he even be in charge for Mondays home game with Stevenage?
    Crewe were relegated last Saturday and dispensed with the services of their manager (David Artell) on the following Monday.
    Not many relegated clubs keep the same manager for the following season (unless your Grimsby … Neil Woods 2010/11).
    I could be wrong but I have a hunch that LT will already have a few ‘irons in the fire’ (see what I did there) regarding next season and that Keith Hill wont be part of it.

Bob (the Mariner)

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Not many relegated clubs keep the same manager for the following season (unless your Grimsby … Neil Woods 2010/11).

Or Newcastle – Rafa Benitez 2016/17.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.