Goodbye Keith 2

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Goodbye Keith 2

• Author
    MightyIronMightyIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 0

If they got rid it would still be Swann’s choice in the hot seat.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Why would he walk?? He’s earning.

He will not walk away.
    Money for nothing.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Maybe a ruse by Swann, sacks Hill and takes the job himself claiming he couldn’t do any worse, give him a go.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Swann walking out of the tunnel?

It would be like General Gordon walking out onto those steps in Khartoum!

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

After his interview today, it sounds like turnbull has no authority whatsoever so swanny is still in charge. I know we all knew that but its out in the open and not just an obvious assupmtion

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Yeah he literally said he doesn’t have anything to do with Lee and still deals with swann and was speaking to swann today!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Why would he walk?? He’s earning.

He will not walk away.
    Money for nothing.

Chicks for free 🤔

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

In a cost benefit analysis – the lower we fall, the more attractive / incentive for the sale of the ground there is.

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Turnbull has no authority at all.
    He is just an employee who’s job it is to run the Club.
    Swann knows that with Turnbulls background with the Club he could attract more fans and sell more Season Tickets than Swann himself.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    forever ironforever iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 5

Lee told me today that it is a board decision when I asked him if Hill would be fired.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Sacking him would cost money – it won’t happen.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017

Swann won’t sack Hillock it would cost him money. If when and maybe he sells the club that might be a different matter I can’t see new owners wanting P Hillock in charge.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Wtf is ‘collaboration of errors’?! He can’t even get a well worn phrase right!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

So interviewers who dare question his future are ‘disrespectful’? What does he expect after so many terrible performances and results? Blame anyone but yourself Hill. Wow, how to kick the players when they’re down – tell them they’re suffering from a lack of confidence. I bet a lot of them have other ideas why it’s all going wrong

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

You are not telling me it was the players that decided to play 5 at the back against a bottom of the league team who had scored 1 goal in 5 games.

It may have been the midfielders that decided to sit on the toes of the 3 centre backs but if it was I didn’t see Hill or McMahon doing anything to change it in the first half.

It wasn’t the players that decided to start with a 2 man front line at home against the bottom of the league team. Of course we end up hoofing it up to the front 2 and just surrendering the ball to a sh1te team in two thirds of the pitch.

Inept as Halifax were conceding a goal was pretty much inevitable.

Half time he decides we might have to score a goal or two to win a must win game and changes things. Sacrificed Rowe (did he not see Taft) and Butterfield. Well why would you want your most creative player on the field when you are chasing the game?

I have never called for a managers head on Bru but seriously folks this man has not got a fecking clue. The sad thing is that without change of ownership Hill’s departure is unlikely to happen or even have much impact if it did.

Sad and depressing times. I would start to believe the conspiracy theories regarding managed liquidation but I am unable to credit the owner with enough intelligence to make it work.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Didn’t make sense at all today. What the hell did he line up with in the first half ?. Wallace playing off Nuttall when we had a recognize striker in Carver. Wallace looked well out of his depth, he’s a winger for fucks sake.

5 at the back ?. Playing at home and Halifax has scored 1 goal before today.

Apter should have started. Absolute shambles.

4/4/2. Apter on right wing, stick O’Malley left wing who would be able to track back and help Daniel out. Nuttall and carver up top. Butterfield with Whitehouse or fletcher in CM with a flat back 4.

Hill’s a maniac, why doesn’t he just play players where they’re supposed to be played ?. To expect a young winger to play up top today was absolutely ridiculous.

What kind of message is giving to Carver as well !. Picking a young winger ahead of him upfront, he must be thinking he’s been binned already.

All an absolute mess.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

So interviewers who dare question his future are ‘disrespectful’? What does he expect after so many terrible performances and results? Blame anyone but yourself Hill. Wow, how to kick the players when they’re down – tell them they’re suffering from a lack of confidence. I bet a lot of them have other ideas why it’s all going wrong

Wonder if he will go full Holloway v Tondeur on Ollie Turner one day. Good to hear we have someone asking the questions, nobody else does.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

With Hill’s managerial record at the Iron it would have been disrespectful to not ask the question.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Has he gone yet ?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

What kind of message is giving to Carver as well !. Picking a young winger ahead of him upfront, he must be thinking he’s been binned already.

So he should be, completely out of his depth, no football brain at all.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

So he should be, completely out of his depth, no football brain at all.

Bit harsh, granted he’s not done great but playing a young inexperienced winger upfront instead ?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It would be ridiculous to claim that the present squad is not better than what we had last season.
    What’s more, IMHO, both loanees were clearly improvements on any recruited over recent years.
    Consequently, allowing for clear defensive weaknesses, this squad should still be taking some points and it isn’t.
    We have no idea where our next point is going to come from.
    I had demanded that Keith Hill should be allowed to stay til October. I can no longer justify that thinking.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022

Surely getting shot of Hurst was Swanns terminal mistake?

He goes on in them podcasts about people spouting lies, but he must be the one telling porkies for sure because he said he had no involvement anymore and that it’s Turnbull in charge yet he’s now talking to Hill all the time.

I would be very worried, Hills record is atrocious but it makes me wonder whether putting him in was part of Swanns larger more sinister plan.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

If we are liquidated – where would we play?
    Would there be a liquidation plan or would we just be evicted?
    As the ‘phoenix club’ would have no money – would we need people to initially volunteer their services free to cover job roles?
    Playing football is the easy part of the operation – setting up and running the club is more expensive, difficult and time consuming than any of us imagine.

Hopefully the current owner will sell the club as an ongoing business. I’m sure that’s what everyone wants?

Liquidation and the forming & operation of a new club will be a huge challenge.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Not sure why it’s a great surprise that Keef’s reporting to Swann, not Lee. From what Swann said in his last Bru podcast I was left with the distinct impression that was the case. Wasn’t it words along the lines of ‘his position in the future will be reviewed by the Board’?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022

He said in that last podcast that it’s ‘Lee running it day to day’ and he has nothing to do with it apart from writing the cheques for the budget and that’s there’s ‘no point in abusing me because I’m not there and not involved’ contradictions aplenty

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes, I know he did. He didn’t say Lee was in charge of Keef though. You obviously listened to it. You must recall the uneasy miffed silence on the airwaves when he said the manager’s performance will be reviewed by the Board. Sounded pretty obvious to me that the Board will decide on that. Correct me if I’m wrong but whilst Swann’s stepped back, he’s still officially on the Board isn’t he?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

He’s the owner FFS, boardroom or not he is still pulling the strings but now he operates more in the shadows then ever before.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

He’s pulling the strings because he’s paying the wages. Lee’s running off-field and Hill’s running on-field (after a fashion) so both would report directly to the owner.Nothing strange about that IMO.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Exactly, but I’m getting the impression this is all coming as news to some people

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.