Goodbye Keith 2

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Goodbye Keith 2

• Author
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

The worst manager we have ever had, dull, boring, uninspiring, tactically inept, clueless and unfortunately still here.

Makes Cox look like a local hero.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Not impressed to say the least and don’t think he’s the man, however, I do have a track record of talking bollocks, so I’ll give it 10 weeks in to the new season. Can’t be changing manager right now. Too far in to to pre-season.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    forgottenforgotten
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 0

Looking for bites or are you really as stupid as you appear from your post?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Aldershot have signed 8 today

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Never thought we’d be playing against them again in a league match. Vague memories of beating them 2-0 (?) at the OSG early in the season on a sunny Saturday afternoon. 1976 or 1977 maybe? Think they went out the league that season?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

The worst manager we have ever had, dull, boring, uninspiring, tactically inept, clueless and unfortunately still here.

Makes Cox look like a local hero.

Cant disagree with that analogy.. add his annoying pre n post match arse covering warblings and its the perfect recipe for more disasters coming to a football club near us very soon.

Sadly I think the NL will be our home for many years under the current watch and teams like Aldershot let alone Wrexham will give us a proper tonking.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Re: managers talking to the fans on radio.

They are like politicians being interviewed when they would love to tell the whole truth about their party’s new policy on parsnips or whatever.
    Unfortunately, stepping out of line will anger the whips who will then ensure their deselection and months/years of misery and persecution up to that point.

Consequently, they utter platitudes and desperately attempt not to say anything meaningful.

This is self-preservation at its highest.

For some unknowable reason, Keith wants to keep the job and so …

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

What part of the post is stupid? Am I missing something?

forgottenforgotten
    Participant
    Topics: 0

If you need to ask then yes, you are missing something. Without tackling the root cause of all our problems there is nothing Hill or any other manager can do to change our current plight.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

I’m not prepared to accept that a really good manager like Hill can just lose all his abilities. It is illogical.
    There has to be a different answer.
    (Incidentally, just how many managers have now ‘lost the plot’ at GP/the SVS under the PS reign?)

I still think that the ‘if necessary’ with regards to the mid-season transfer window was critical and he was left zero chance of rescuing us.
    Secondly, I think he did precisely the right thing trying to use ‘dead season time’ to blood loadsa youngsters and let ’em experience what it’s really like at the sharp end.

In an earlier post, I stated that I thought our squad needs to be pretty much complete by a week today.
    Not looking good, is it? – It seems at this point in time that we are utterly incapable of attracting decent players to this club. Why would we be surprised knowing what we all know?

I would suggest that KH has tried to find the players he wants. They are refusing to sign. He must now either lower his sights or start gambling.

I really don’t envy him!

8 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Never thought we’d be playing against them again in a league match.

We aren’t – it’s a NON-league match!

They are like politicians being interviewed when they would love to tell the whole truth about their party’s new policy on parsnips or whatever.
    Unfortunately, stepping out of line will anger the whips who will then ensure their deselection and months/years of misery and persecution up to that point.

Consequently, they utter platitudes and desperately attempt not to say anything meaningful.

I understand what you’re saying BUT Nigel Adkins always managed to leave you feeling positive & upbeat no matter how bad the defeat and the size of the challenge when competing in the Championship. Keith Hill could offer us some of that sort of positivity – delusion if you like – but we’ve had nothing of the sort. We all know it’s going to be a terrible season again but come on Keith, put a little sugar in the pill!

I still think that the ‘if necessary’ with regards to the mid-season transfer window was critical and he was left zero chance of rescuing us.
    Secondly, I think he did precisely the right thing trying to use ‘dead season time’ to blood loadsa youngsters and let ’em experience what it’s really like at the sharp end.

I think dismantling the squad that had played Oldham off the park and which had a modicum of potential was an odd move, especially seeing as we had a perfectly decent chance of staying up at that stage. What we saw towards the end of last season will, in my opinion, scar the club for years to come.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Thing is, everyone is right on this one, and therein lies the conundrum.

You ain’t gonna win masterchef if all you’ve got is a tin of baked beans and a white sliced loaf!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I’ve thanked your post les because I agree with you 85%. (Approx.)
    I can’t go along with:-

“Secondly, I think he did precisely the right thing trying to use ‘dead season time’ to blood loadsa youngsters and let ’em experience what it’s really like at the sharp end”

IMO it was too many at once and clearly, for some, much too soon. I fear some may never recover.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

If they are that delicate Cass – I can’t see them making it anyway.
    Professional sport requires real toughness.
    One of us must be right, though – unless some wilted and some got stronger, of course.

Got a nasty feeling that we’ll be relying on the young lads a lot more than I’d hoped.
    I so want to be wrong!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

It’s all about opinions, based on my record with Mrs CT I’d say yours is more likely to be correct.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Sadly, I shall have to echo that with regards to Mrs Lesgeo. Sigh.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I had a feeling someone would point out ‘league’ Ferrite. Didn’t think it would be you though! 🤣. However, I will say, a league is a league, and the National is a league…so there! Bit discriminatory towards the National too I might add 😅

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

The importance of capitalisation! You were right, it’s a league match, not a League match. As you were.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

If Social Media info coming from the club is to be believed then very few if any new players are incoming. That leaves 18 with some of those garbage/injury prone. KH bullshitometer will
    be in overdrive

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Heard extracts of Hills interview on Radio Bumbleside.

Laying the Lancs accent on thicker than one of Betty Turpin’s hotpots.

Talking of thick ……..sorry he has to go.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Keith’s Hot Pot? In the new ‘fanzone’? I’d pay £6 for that! A ready supply of lambs to the slaughter next season so I’m expecting big things!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

the more i hear from Hill the more i think hes just covering his back in the likelyhood of another dire season … nothing will be his fault and never blame laid at the door of Swann..SO

WHERE HAS IT ALL GONE WRONG ..

other clubs seem to be able to find and sign players ..alas not Scunny , im guessing the current toxicity at the club is one reason… the future most certainly isnt claret n blue with this current outfit from the top all way down to the matchday food and broken scoreboard .. its rotten

im dreamin of new owners exciting football, a new manager and no ore Hill waffling.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

I’m not prepared to accept that a really good manager like Hill can just lose all his abilities. It is illogical.

You should have seen what Tranmere fans said about him. Playing players out of position for no real reason and tactically inept was just two. We all saw evidence of this last season. I must admit that some of his decision making was completely bonkers and made little to no sense.

Tranmere fans actually cheered when he went. I remember one of their fans laughing when we signed Hill on twitter and went on to explain people were getting pissed off with Hill playing one of their LB’s in CM and a RB at CB when they had no previous experience in even playing in those positions.

The fan in question said it was only when he went and they got in a manager who actually played the players where they were supposed to be played that they started to progress.

Keith Hill did well at Rochdale signing bargain bin basement players fuelled with the “everybody are against us” siege mentality. Hill always has played ultra simplistic, direct football. I’ve never seen a silky Keith Hill side.

Another thing which was said by the same fan was that he over emphasis work rate and “passion” over every thing else. That was also apparent last season.

I was the first person to credit the club in signing Keith Hill but I was another who was suckered in by his Rochdale days but when you look beyond that he’s dubious to say the least. I quickly began to realise that the Tranmere fan knew what the crack was.

Do I think he’s the one for us ?. No I don’t !

Hill will stay though while ever Swann is hanging around like a bad smell. I want both the Swann clan and Hill throwing out.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

As we discard manager after manager, the club has got ever weaker. This is a separate issue to anything else that the Swanns may have been doing. (And yes, I would still have sacked Alexander for wrecking a valid promotion attempt.)

When does it all stop?

Just HOW do we get a manager as good or better? Where from? And accepting the job as it now is would surely be sign of some sort of mental defect, would it not?
    We MUST have a settling down period.
    Who of quality could we attract to manage the Iron in this state?

(Mind you, I will freely admit, if KH has anything resembling a squad and misuses it, I’ll be shouting for his head by late September.)

The problem there is that it looks like he is not to be allowed a proper squad AGAIN.
    What self-respecting player would now sign away two years of their life to join this utter shambles?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Those that can’t get anything else and that’s what we’ll end up with.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The Cods didn’t need a settling in period once they’d outed Fenty.

It was like winter turning into spring.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

The ones whose ‘legs might not have gone’, Cass. Misfits and troublemakers? – (Not more of those, PLEASE!)
    Those with skills but don’t listen to those who know enough to turn ’em into good players?
    The arrogant, the weak-minded, the selfish, those who are balanced on the threshold to last-chance-saloon?
    Something to really look forward to.
    But. Mebbe I’m getting ahead of myself. I gave next Friday as the vital cut-off point – well, there’s still five days left.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Have the Irish on standby to soften the blow when what we all expect becomes reality.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

You should have seen what Tranmere fans said about him. Playing players out of position for no real reason and tactically inept was just two. We all saw evidence of this last season. I must admit that some of his decision making was completely bonkers and made little to no sense.

Tranmere fans actually cheered when he went. I remember one of their fans laughing when we signed Hill on twitter and went on to explain people were getting pissed off with Hill playing one of their LB’s in CM and a RB at CB when they had no previous experience in even playing in those positions.

The fan in question said it was only when he went and they got in a manager who actually played the players where they were supposed to be played that they started to progress.

Keith Hill did well at Rochdale signing bargain bin basement players fuelled with the “everybody are against us” siege mentality. Hill always has played ultra simplistic, direct football. I’ve never seen a silky Keith Hill side.

Another thing which was said by the same fan was that he over emphasis work rate and “passion” over every thing else. That was also apparent last season.

I was the first person to credit the club in signing Keith Hill but I was another who was suckered in by his Rochdale days but when you look beyond that he’s dubious to say the least. I quickly began to realise that the Tranmere fan knew what the crack was.

Do I think he’s the one for us ?. No I don’t !

Hill will stay though while ever Swann is hanging around like a bad smell. I want both the Swann clan and Hill throwing out.

Cant disagree with any of that … a new broom sweeps clean n BOTH Swann and Hill need to go.

long hard tough season awaits ..with IMO little to cheer, with this current mob its a relegation fight all the way and i wouldnt be surprised to see us drop further at the end of it.

weakest SUFC squad i can ever recall

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

If you need to ask then yes, you are missing something. Without tackling the root cause of all our problems there is nothing Hill or any other manager can do to change our current plight.

I don’t believe I am missing anything….has the football under Hill been Dull? – Yes!, has it been Boring? – Absolutely!, has it been uninspiring? – Definitely!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.