God

Iron Bru Forums Non Football God

• Author
    FiftyPenceFifty Pence
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2016
    Topics: 1

Bpg, I started watching you video, but it’s 43 minutes long with eine kleine liftmusik in the background leading me to sleep. Could you instead please provide a precis with the major arguments from the video, so we could debate them? Also without videos, could you please explain how all of the creatures were collected and kept on Noah’s ark, and how the world looked before refraction and zippy were created by the covenant? And how any roman census would work where people had to travel to their ancestral hometowns, given the large area and moving boundaries? Thanks

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Good luck with that 50p!

I also look forward to Professor Brian Cox presenting the “modern evidence” in a new BBC TV series.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Greg Bahnsen explained in the video that the theory of evolution is a flawed concept. His expert analysis was structured to show the absurdity of this theory.
    I’m pleased you were challenged by the points put forward and clearly destroying the myth of evolution.

Participant

Once evolution is dismissed and a Creator is the only other possibility,we have to ask ourselves ,has he revealed himself in time?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Answer a or b
    A Is god an evolved being
    B Is god a creation?

Participant

If this Creator has brought all things into being, how easy would it be for him to reveal himself to us? Christians claim the Holy Bible is the “ God breathed “ word from the Triune God, passed down through people in dwelt with the Holy Spirit.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Who do I believe? My own understanding of evolution, the many scientists (some of how believe in God) who understand evolution or people like bpg and creationists who time and time again fail to understand evolution? Whenever I have come across creationist arguments it’s the same fallacious nonsense about gaps in the fossil record. I suspect the ‘undeniable proof’ of a creator will remain undeclared as it has been for centuries.

Participant

Noah’s ark with all “ kinds” of creatures is a biblical truth.
    As for the Roman census,historical documentation does confirm this took place.

Participant

The Bible is a reliable collection of historical documents that were written by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of eyewitnesses,who reported on supernatural events that took place to fulfil specific prophecies,and they claim they were divine in nature and not of human origin.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It’s a good job all the creatures bew how to swim back to their previous home continents after the flood. All marsupials knew to swim back to Australia. I am also impressed that Noah knew to pick them up from a continent not yet known about in the middle east. Shame he didn’t pass on the knowledge of his discoveries to his descendents.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

God is not a little man in the sky with a white beard!
    God is a Spirit,infinite,eternal and unchangeable,in his being,wisdom,power,holiness,justice,goodness and truth.

Participant

Within the one Being that is God,there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons,namely,the Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Participant

The message of the Triune God is repent and put your faith in Jesus Chris.
    I will post more later on the evil in the world and why God doesn’t “stop it”- a go to position of TwoWrights and Stephen Fry etc.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I didn’t fully agree with Heath’s sentiment earlier in the thread, since the debate was then productive, but this is just proselytising and I echo his sentiments now. It’s just banging on and rather tedious.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Answer a or b
    A Is god an evolved being
    B Is god a creation?

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

Who’s Chris? Is it the one who lived on Grange Lane South?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

The Bible is a reliable collection of historical documents that were written by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of eyewitnesses,who reported on supernatural events that took place to fulfil specific prophecies,and they claim they were divine in nature and not of human origin.

No it isn’t.

Your New English Bible is a modern rewording of the King James Bible. That was completed in 1611 and was the work of just 8 ministers belonging to the C of E.

There were (and still are) no original texts to translate. The oldest manuscripts were written down centuries after the supposed death of Jesus Christ. There are over 8,000 in existence and no two are alike.

None of these were used by the King James translators who just reworded the RC Latin text altering passages so they would be approved by King and Parliament. The changes made run to hundreds of thousands.

So here in the 21st century you believe that the “Word of God” is a book edited in the 17th century from 16th century translations of 8,000 contradictory copies of 4th century scrolls that claim to be copies of lost letters written in the 1st century?

You may call it faith. I call it stupidity

1 user thanked author for this post.
    HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

As for eyewitness accounts, the accounts from Gaza give insight into how reliable they can be as my friend Sidey has pointed out.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

When bill gets into full biblical rant mode it’s best to let him go, as Fansy pointed out the other day we need to be a little kinder to him, hoping he’s ok.

Participant

The problem of evil points to God.
    When we express something as evil,we have to have a standard of good,and that good is the Triune God of Scripture.
    The atheist can call something evil,but hasn’t a foundation to explain why it is evil. If someone says rape isn’t evil,the atheist ( made in the image of God)knows this is false,but has no way of any authoritative grounding to declare their view is absolute.The atheist has to borrow from the Christian worldview to try and make sense of their worldview.

Participant

The problem of the amount of evil,and why God doesn’t “stop it” ,is a go to argument against our Creator. As I’ve stated, Gods has sufficient reason for evil to exist.It is hard to fathom,but God is sovereign and in charge of his Creation .

Participant

The most evil act in history was the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on the Cross. The perpetrators were doing it for evil,God was doing it for good. The substitutionary atonement of Christ,to save people from alienation from our Creator was the most Glorious act to show his Glory ,and we are forever thankful.

Participant

Do I post these posts to have a gotcha moment (as Siderite suggests)? Far from it ,I do it to make people think ,and hopefully in their quiet moments will reach out and ask for repentance and mercy. God is rich in mercy,to those who ask for the unbelievable gift of saving Grace.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It doesn’t convince.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

The message of the Triune God is repent and put your faith in Jesus Chris.
    I will post more later on the evil in the world and why God doesn’t “stop it”- a go to position of TwoWrights and Stephen Fry etc.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Well, good enough for bible bashers good enough for me.

FiftyPenceFifty Pence
    Participant

Who were the eyewitnesses for the creation story? Where were the eyewitness documents stored during the great flood? Why did the great flood leave geologic records in the river basins around Mount Ararat, but not in the rest of the world ? How did Noah deal with different habitats ? How did he deal with so many animals in 300x50x30 cubits? What were the toilet systems on board for that many animals for 40 days? How did Noah manage recognise the different species (some of which are so small and almost identical) and correctly work out the genders? I wish the eyewitnesses had given a bit more information. Can we trust the eyewitnesses? Particularly the authors of the gospels, who were not alive at the time. Matthew coming to the conclusion that Jesus was born under Herod (between 5bce and 1ce), Luke that it was during the Judea census (6 ce) (a census that would not include Galilee)

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

I don’t normally get involved with this conversation but to say that none of the evangelists were alive at the time is incorrect. Matthew and John were disciples.
    I often hear statements about the bible that are incorrect but are left unchallenged because of lack of knowledge.

FiftyPenceFifty Pence
    Participant

Most biblical scholars would say the gospel according to Matthew was written by an anonymous author around 70 years after the supposed event and later attributed to the apostle.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Correct 50p. The authors of all four Gospels are unknown.

Additionally there are dozens of other gospels known as Apocryphal Gospels that were written during the early years of the Christian Church.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.