Goalkeeper a Priority

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Goalkeeper a Priority

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Does it mean jack shit for everyone who thinks Swannys done a bad job,or should sell up or sell for a pound? Suppose it does really! heho.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

That’s the uniqueness of opinion though Awaywego it’s worthless except to the owner of that opinion but we all have a right to express one. In the cases of Hill and Swann they have the power to carry out their opinions and turn them into deeds, however if people feel strongly that they disagree opinion wise with either man they can choose to attend games or not based on how strongly they feel. Being a fan though and loving the club and having watched that club for a lot more years then either man mentioned has been involved with SUFC, that’s the dilemma fans have to wrestle with whether to continue to attend games or not.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018
    Topics: 1

Just down the road (Grimsby), ..there is a goalie out of contract at the end of the season.
    James McKeown has been at Grimsby for 10 seasons and will be looking for a new club for the upcoming one (just a thought)

regards .. Bob (the Mariner)

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Yes Bob and you can keep him mate thanks, a few of us read your forum too. 😂😂😂

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

To be fair he has had lots of National League experience with the Cods.

Funny position goalkeeper. You wouldn’t want the Chelsea keeper if you based it on his performance last night.

BrianBrian
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017

I am very surprised that Gareth Southgate is not at the game today watching our great goalkeeper.Two shots at his goal and we are 2nil down.Englands number 1.Youre having a laugh.

BrianBrian
    Participant

May i add,three shots at goal and 3nil down.!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

I’d hate to be England’s “no 2” – yuk.

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

With out significant investment and a major overhaul of players for next season we are in serious trouble. We can barely compete with any teams in this league and I suspect it will be the same in the national league with this current set up. I was so happy when Keith came in but have been left dejected. We have become as easy to beat as we were under Cox. All I can hope is that there is a master plan in place for the next phase of scunthorpe United but I’m not confident.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The master plan is supposed to be the youth. It worked for Man utd.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Topics: 56

Just when you think it can’t get any worse it does, how can bunn and hallam be on the bench when we need toscore goals.

We are going down without as much as a wimper we are the worse team I have seem in years and it breaks my heart to even think about going to games.

Can’t see me going again this season as it just kicks you in the what nots every time you go

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Watson won’t be here next year so why not play some other keeper – they won’t be any worse.

Minus 50 goal difference now close to the record surely

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Rory had a nightmare first half again and should have done better with the first two goals and possibly the third.
    But it is Ok putting all these kids in and leaving experience on the bench or out of the team altogether, but fans have been starved of any sort of results for months and that starting eleven was that lightweight and inexperienced they would probably have been beaten by most National League teams today, to be honest apart from the first few minutes they were far too strong for us, I hope for for god sake these kids aren’t going to be our regular starters next season because most have ability but need bulking up and it will be a very long season again.
    Very poor again today and I don’t think the Tennis Balls and the pitch invasion impressed anybody.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

It impressed me someone showing a bit fire in their bellies more than what the team have done this year.where was the harm in it.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

When those little yellow balls came on I thought UTI99 must have organised the protest. 😂

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

Just when you think it can’t get any worse it does, how can bunn and hallam be on the bench when we need toscore goals.

We are going down without as much as a wimper we are the worse team I have seem in years and it breaks my heart to even think about going to games.

Can’t see me going again this season as it just kicks you in the what nots every time you go

That is why they’re on the bench because they can’t score goals!

Hallam why on earth have we still got him…. rather have Poulter on there who knows how to score!

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Yes there has been some improvement with Rory this season but for me he doesn’t control his goal line and box. He is too lightweight and easily held out the way when corners are coming in. If the opposition have four or five big physical players around him he is easily pushed away from the ball coming in. I think you won’t see any improvement with him as he is just not big and physically strong enough to compete.

BrianBrian
    Participant

The more i see of that clown of a goalkeeper the more annoying it is.He is completely useless,i can completely see why the players are playing with no confidence with that man in between the sticks.
    Please,please release him at the end of the season cos he the worst man i have seen of trying to be a keeper.There’s no way you can call that a professional footballer.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I reckon he could have saved all 3 today, but 2 would have been good saves but savable

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Topics: 56

Don’t tell Tesco if he comes here.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If that was the performance of a “Player of the Season” then that sums up why we are where we are!!!!!!!!

anoldironanoldiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 2

I think it would be embarrassing for the club having a player of the year, he’s was probably sold in January anyway.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

He’s not good enough 2nd choice keeper.

Along with many others.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.