George Taft

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace George Taft

• Author
    letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 3

“Not all/ex staff have been paid, It’s been months with false promises and now refusing to pay, mine and others numbers have been blocked 🤨 also money has been taken out for months for our pensions which has actually not being put into them? All calls/messages have been saved”

Not a good day for our saviour

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

The abuse he’s getting from so-called Iron fans on Twitter is an absolute embarrassment to the club.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Taft was signed under Swann, so is obviously a Swann agent.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

An allegation from someone saying he did the same thing to his brother at Ilkeston now. He really is the world’s unluckiest man have so many players try and swindle him with demands for wages, when he just wants the best for the clubs he represents.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

The trust increases by the day. Hope he stays tbh. Rather he didn’t cut loose.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Forgetting the ‘other stuff’ surrounding Hilton; failure to pay wages, taxes, and pensions should be enough to sound the alarm bells.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

This was hours ago , get off Dave’s back is all in the past now

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

The abuse he’s getting from so-called Iron fans on Twitter is an absolute embarrassment to the club.

never mind Twitter, it is worse on here, I don’t think some want to have a club to support

2 users thanked author for this post.
    RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

never mind Twitter, it is worse on here, I don’t think some want to have a club to support

Exactly switch the lights off on the way out this is pretty boring now.

Any football we can talk about? England V Scotland.

fans6464

Nobody is abusing a player for wanting his wages on here Mick, so so lying

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Airing criticisms of Hilton, even vociferously and passionately put, is abuse. Worse than people attacking Taft on twitter, calling him names, saying he doesn’t deserve to be paid and more. Got it.

There’s nothing more incendiary on here than those insulting other fans’ support level right now because they don’t trust Hilton. Seemingly the only way to be a true fan is to clap Hilton along, regardless of whether you trust him or not, according to some.

If I didn’t want a club to support, I’d back Hilton like crazy, since I think he will be the final nail on our coffin if things continue.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

You should be have worked out by now who supports the club and those who dont Mick,

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Sadly I fear you are correct Siderite – we appear to be heading into oblivion and too many fans refuse to believe that David Hilton-White-Anderson-Mellors is not going to be our saviour. He bought us time and hope, and now we’ve ran out of both.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Just a cheap unfounded and unwarranted shot that awaywego. Won’t bother asking you to explain as I’m sure your reasons will make little sense.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Sorry if I hit a nerve Deerey.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Whatever is happening at the moment their is only one person responsible – Mr Peter Swann !

He will be loving this, watching all the in-fighting and Project Extinction raising its ugly head !

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

….. I don’t think he will be , he was promised 3 million quid and in all probability won’t get anywhere near that for the ground – Hilton’s not going to pay is he + Swann is already missing out on the rental income he was promised by your current owner for GP .

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

….. I don’t think he will be , he was promised 3 million quid and in all probability won’t get anywhere near that for the ground – Hilton’s not going to pay is he + Swann is already missing out on the rental income he was promised by your current owner for GP .

Tbh I don’t care who’s down, promised money or not getting any rent. The club is buckled.
    If the ground is worth nowt then so be it SUFC don’t own bog all.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Ah, that shrewd businessman!

fans6464

What an awful country and or club it is when people purporting to support it or belong to it actually abuse or suggest they’re not worthy purely for wanting their pay.
    For most of them on Facebook is about flicking Vs in a corner while claiming to be supporting the players anyway.Even in this thread people are rationalising it

Deereyme66Deereyme66

The club’s reputation is being damaged more than it ever was with some supporters mimicking their saviours worst habits.

fans6464

There’s a pattern here, 1 worthy complaint by fan or other, 2 Facebook or other compliant media mods get a call with a smear and or denial which they put out, 3 I expect the usual admission soon

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It would appear so. The abuse Taft has had is disgusting and embarrassing for the club. Feel sorry for genuinely good employees still there trying their best.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

On the chance that George Taft might look on here at some point – Please do not associate all supporters with any vile rubbish on Facebook or Twitter.
    Good luck at Worksop and the future.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

My take ..which I believe I’ve quoted before .. is that ‘Football is the most important of the least important things.’ It’s not always easy, as a lifelong Iron fan, to hold that perspective. But I believe it to be true and it certainly helps me not to get drawn in to the current chaos more than I think is good for me.
    For what it’s worth, and all other things being equal, I still think I’ll be driving over with my one of my random mates to pick up my sister and go to watch some form of Scunny game in five years time.
    I’ve no idea how that will work. We might have a different name. We might be divisions lower and in a different ground. We should certainly be the best supported at whatever level in that scenario.
    Perhaps we’ll get ‘rescued’in a few weeks and be pushing for the EFL and still at Glanford Park … unlikely, but we can dream.
    Maybe DH will still be here and we are holding current ‘ground’ ..in more ways than one .. and even looking up.
    The sad part for me is that all this investing in viciousness and nastiness on some parts of social media, and even the constant and relentless repetition of the ins and outs of our plight and the major players in it, will leave a permanent and divisive scar on our fan base. I suspect that wherever, whatever and whoever .. there may well be at
    least several hundred ‘principled’ folks from one end of the argument or the other who will be ‘done’ with football in the town. I hope not. We are going to need, as we’ve always done, every fan we can muster. I get that the ‘truth must out’ ..but I hope that we don’t get so deep that the scar can’t heal.
    One way to avoid that .. even though Bill Shankly claimed otherwise .. but ges dead!! .. is to remember that ‘Football is the most important of the least important things.’

6 users thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

…he’s dead! … obviously.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I agree with JI here. These last few days have been one of utter dejection surrounding the Iron for me; my trust in the ownership is maybe damaged beyond repair and I fear where it’s heading and the perhaps inevitable fan divisions only increasing.

That said, I went for a short walk this morning and realised that there are other things in life to keep me happy. Here’s hoping things work out for the Iron, they do matter, but we all have more to give besides this.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

“Not all/ex staff have been paid, It’s been months with false promises and now refusing to pay, mine and others numbers have been blocked 🤨 also money has been taken out for months for our pensions which has actually not being put into them? All calls/messages have been saved”

Not a good day for our saviour

Non payment of tax, wages, pensions, redundancy payments ain’t going to end up well.

Courts, ACAS, solicitors, tribunals, points deductions, a report as to a directors conduct etc

https://www.gov.uk/complain-company/y

JasperParrotJasper Parrot
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2018
    Topics: 10

DH is quoted on SFFB as saying “I’ve had Taft come out playing the victim but what people don’t know is that he refused to play the final 5 games, he signed for another club with a signing on fee but told them to withheld the registration so he could con another 6k from Us and people wonder why I’m not paying him.”

I have no idea whether a) Hilton said it and it’s true, or b) Hilton didn’t say it at all, or c) Hilton did say it but it’s not true. Most likely it’s d) – the club and Taft have different perspectives on the same situation, and that dispute needs to be resolved before a payment is or isn’t made.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I can’t imagine my home town club pay a signing on fee to anybody to be honest

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.