Genuine questions for Mr David Hilton (a thread)

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Genuine questions for Mr David Hilton (a thread)

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘the chairman and his staff can sit down and begin to put forward a strategy’.

Is that how it works?

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Patrick0811 ,your positivity is out of order,this will not be tolerated on this site.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Blind and unquestioning ‘positivity’ is what caused us to be hoodwinked by Swann. Wanting clarity isn’t negativity. There’s a difference between that and Rene looking for reasons to be upset no matter what.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Q. Does he like bubblegum flavour ice cream?

GQ. Does he like bubblegum football?

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Hi, I would like to say (once again) there is no time limit on anyone coming to Ilkeston, come tomorrow or ten years time, makes no difference to me.
    My offer will stand.
    I would like to know though, has any of the people who have criticised Mr Hilton actually put a penny of their own money into the club?…. I think not!
    I have been to a few games recently to see Scunthorpe (home and away) hoping they could avoid relegation, I am not sure now if I would come again?
    It seems to me the fans, or some of them, want to see the dark side of everything?…. we would not want that type of fan at Ilkeston… I doubt any of you will come to see how Ilkeston has prospered.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

We don’t want to come to ilkeston & neither do the staff or our players

Deereyme66Deereyme66

This is a very odd way of going about things Patrick. Do you not think some Scunny supporters are going to be sceptical about your sudden appearance and exhaltations regarding ‘Mr Hilton’?

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Of course you don’t, you only want to live and dream negativity… any chance of a glimpse of success would be alien to you.
    Anyone wishing to visit Ilkeston send me your e-mail…we will arrange it, if not, don’t reply to my posts, I don’t really want to engage with people who did not have a club, who now have a club, and are dissatisfied!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Fair enough. What’s the email address to send our emails to?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Patrick0811, Hilton didn’t put you up to this did he ?. In my opinion Patrick smacks of a used that the Hilton has had planted on here. I find it a bit odd that he’s had stick on twitter and then this patrick shows up and can’t speak highly enough of him.

Seems a bit suspect. I could of course be very, very wrong though.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You’re kidding me. Me and awaywego have booked train tickets to sample the pies and claim our free pints!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I would like to maybe ask a question to the supporters rather than to Mr Hilton.
    Would you agree actions are far better than words?….yes of course they are, words are free and open to anyone who wants to chip in with their pennyworth, it’s a bit different when you have to put your hand in your pocket isn’t it?….and people who have criticised Mr Hilton have not put their hands anywhere near their pockets.
    Let me tell you about Mr Hiltons actions at Ilkeston, actions he has not had chance yet to reproduce at Scunthorpe.
    When he and his partner brought Ilkeston, it too was on its knees, not so different from the situation at Scunthorpe.
    In a relatively short time Ilkestons fortunes have had a massive turnaround, two successive promotions (winning the league on the latest one), Ilkeston now have the best pitch in the league, premiership standard dug out, changing rooms better than most league clubs, an unrivalled hospitality section in non league football, and probably many league grounds as well, so many kids football teams, too many to count, plus ladies teams to boot ( the senior ladies have just made the cup final), other teams and academies travel to play at Ilkeston from far, far away (one team from Southhampton in Feb this year).
    The club has a very busy schedule with hospitality events, weddings, parties, business meetings, and host some very high profile charity matches with many celebrities attending or involved.
    Sir Kier Starmer chose Ilkeston football club as his platform to address perspective voters on his publicity campaign.
    All quite impressive don’t you think, considering 99% of people would struggle to find this very small town of Ilkeston on the map.
    Ilkeston have fared well in the higher league they have been promoted to, will finish just outside the playoffs in their first season. But the surprising thing mostly is that they play against a lot of bigger, well established clubs that you find easily on a map, and even more surprising is that Ilkeston town have the highest home attendance in the league, and the most travelling fans to boot, and for a club on the outskirts of the town, that does not have a bus or train service pass anywhere near the ground that’s another surprising thing don’t you think?
    Mr Hilton has left Ilkeston in very good hands, and if he were to return in any capacity I am sure it would be to a fanfare of trumpets… even it was as the car park attendant…. finally Mr Hilton and the new manager did not so much jump on a sinking ship… more like the Titanic, but given time you will float up again, and if your not sure about that? Go to a game at Ilkeston and ask the fans about the “before and after” Mr Hilton and his partner.

Mr Andrew Patrick Nally (Age 46 this year)
    Business partner of Mr Hilton.
    Owner & Chairman of Ilkeston Town FC.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Crikey this reads like when our esteemed former leader Mr Fenty used to put his friends and family on the fishy to set their regulars straight on things

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The (very near) future?

NLN.
    Training pitch sold for the building of retail units?
    Car park sold?
    Daily operations orchestrated at Ilkeston?
    Training to take place where?
    Academy to be disbanded?

Leaving us with a name, a badge and a tin hut that’s alleged to have a covenant on it?

Indy (Jones) for next manager and guardian of said covenant?

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Deereme66
    I clearly said ‘ send your e-mail to me’ and I will reply to you.
    I am not the chairman of Ilkesten as it has been suggested on here, or a mouth piece for Mr Hilton.
    I most certainly do not wish to have a keyboard warrior battle with anyone, as it seems my correspondence is heading towards that direction, and social media isn’t always a good thing is it?
    My initial post was to say how well our club has prospered, maybe yours could as well?
    I actually work at Ilkeston town, if you Mr Deereme66 would like to come tomorrow (most people are free Sundays) and have a pint and pie, and guided tour, and meet fans that are not constantly bickering with each other that would be great, for obvious reasons I would not put my e-mail on here, but will reply with my phone number which I hope you would respect.
    If you choose not to come, best of luck with your final games.
    Patrick

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I did Ilkeston a couple or three times in between the court winding up dates of September 2010 (£47,000 tax bill) & June 2017 (£14,438 in debt).

That was a couple of years before Mr Hilton started investing in and took over the club.

Back then, it was your typical non league set up.

I’ll have a run down to watch them in FA Cup qualifying next season and to see the new set up.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

With all due respect, you are not going to get an overly positive feedback on here if you make sly digs at the fans for bickering. And it’s only the internet. Look at our recent games, especially away, and we seem quite united in backing the team. We have taken 3000 fans in total to two, admittedly localish, games this past week despite being rubbish and having 2 away wins in 2 years or so. Opposition praised our fans for the support and atmosphere. While on here and twitter it’s fraught, it is less so at the game.

What do you expect anyway? We have been through the mill with Swann, fearing we won’t have a club. Hilton has come in and stopped the rot (at least for now), and that is great. However, it doesn’t give him free reign without scepticism for anything he does. The positive actions at Ilkeston served as some hope that he’d do similar here. It does not make him immune to questioning over concerns, which can be quashed if he communicated clearly with the fans. That hasn’t happened so far and now we have rumours and many not knowing what to believe. Retorting with his great actions at Ilkeston won’t address the questions over the here and now.

You may not be the chairman of Ilkeston, but responding to concerns about his management of our club by singing his praises is going to raise suspicions among the more paranoid.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Keyboard Warrior – an anomalous identifier.
    I’ve seen no rage on here.
    The forum is moderated and respectful.
    Yes, we may be a bunch of ageing guys with differing opinions… but that’s reflective of society in general.
    It’d be a sad world if we all had the same outlook and thought processes.
    I defend my right to be a grumpy, statistical realist.

These are real life Keyboard Warriors:

https://recruitment.raf.mod.uk/roles/roles-finder/aircrew/remotely-piloted-aircraft-system-rpas-pilot

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Hi Patrick, thought I’d come back you (it would be rude not to), but perhaps best we wind our conversation up soon to leave space for other topics. Going to be tricky corresponding directly to meet up at Ilkeston as obviously neither of us want to be making our contact details public on a forum like this. A visit tomorrow is out the question for me as, contrary to popular opinion, I do have a life! However, as you work at the club, when I can make it over, I’ll ring ahead and take you up on that offer of a pie and a pint. Cheers, and all the best for the rest of the season.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Never mind a pie and pint, i think Popcorn is in order.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, the strange thing about all this is the direction each club is going you may well becoming here on a match day….just hope it’s in the national league for both our sakes…
    Best of luck and best wishes with your club

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

If your really serious Deerey why don’t we go over for their game against Nuneaton on the 15th scunny are at Aldershot and it’s the only away game I’m not going to, I’ll bring a grandkid so it’ll only cost 14 pounds on the barnetby to notts with my rail card.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

No good for me awaywego, on my way back from holiday on 15th, plus I don’t live in town anymore so it’s not so easy (thst’s why I get to games when I can and supplement it with the streaming and radio commentaries). If you go though, report back on the guided tour with Patrick please. I’m sure everyone knows him there – not sure what his role is though, he hasn’t said.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Naa shan’t bother Deerey would have gone with company, hope your going somewhere nice and warm.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Not sure how warm Wales can be!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

It’s a pity they’ll miss out on the play offs – else we could have visited them.
    Is it like those Pyramid Selling Seminars, where they brainwash you in to believing that you’re going to have a thousand people working for you and you’ll be banking a million a week by Christmas?

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

I want to just clarify something in what will be my final post.
    As I said previously, I had tried to post on your other forum without success (just always said declined… see feed back) , so I was not actually using the term “keyboard warriors” on this forum, I actually think most posts on here are quite reasonable, and you seem genuine supporter’s, hence my invite.
    Some of the posts on the other site are quite toxic and no help to anyone, I am not so tech savvy being 64 years of age, and I am probably considered ” Old School” which is why I did not hide behind anything and welcomed people to come and see the set up at Ilkeston what Mr Hilton and Mr Nally achieved.
    They teach History in School to give you an idea of what can happen if certain circumstances occur again, as it may give you a insight to the possible outcome.
    I just wanted you to be able to Ilkestons history book, it may have helped you a little.
    My last post as I don’t want to become a keyboard warrior.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Patrick, if I can just ask you before you leave, if any of us do visit, what surname should we ask for? And what’s your role there? It’ll just make it easier for someone to direct us to you and take you up on that free pint, pie and tour. Reasonable request is it not?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

The timing of Patrick turning up shortly after Hilton had gotten stick on Twitter is a little suspicious. Do you not think the timing of his arrival on this forum isn’t a little suspect ?

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I’ve been to Ilkeston’s ground,it’s decent for the level they are at. You can have a pint and some decent food.

Ilkeston is a bit of an inbred shithole though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.