Genuine questions for Mr David Hilton (a thread)

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Genuine questions for Mr David Hilton (a thread)

• Author
    ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

As MR HILOTON cannot answer questions on twitter without deleting his account i thought we could create a super thread and then post them to his office?
    i have a feeling this could be a n even better thread than players as animals
    Are you going to move the day to day running of the club to Ilkeston Town?
    How do you explain staff dropping like flies since your arrival at SUFC?
    Do you have the funds to pay swann ?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Bit unfair all this time you could have asked him a question on Twitter (and he has answered a lot) and now you want to ask him on here. Bit like our mate at orient waiting till Turnbull left the pub for his question to be answered when he wasn’t there, your full of shite just like our friend.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

I would like to maybe ask a question to the supporters rather than to Mr Hilton.
    Would you agree actions are far better than words?….yes of course they are, words are free and open to anyone who wants to chip in with their pennyworth, it’s a bit different when you have to put your hand in your pocket isn’t it?….and people who have criticised Mr Hilton have not put their hands anywhere near their pockets.
    Let me tell you about Mr Hiltons actions at Ilkeston, actions he has not had chance yet to reproduce at Scunthorpe.
    When he and his partner brought Ilkeston, it too was on its knees, not so different from the situation at Scunthorpe.
    In a relatively short time Ilkestons fortunes have had a massive turnaround, two successive promotions (winning the league on the latest one), Ilkeston now have the best pitch in the league, premiership standard dug out, changing rooms better than most league clubs, an unrivalled hospitality section in non league football, and probably many league grounds as well, so many kids football teams, too many to count, plus ladies teams to boot ( the senior ladies have just made the cup final), other teams and academies travel to play at Ilkeston from far, far away (one team from Southhampton in Feb this year).
    The club has a very busy schedule with hospitality events, weddings, parties, business meetings, and host some very high profile charity matches with many celebrities attending or involved.
    Sir Kier Starmer chose Ilkeston football club as his platform to address perspective voters on his publicity campaign.
    All quite impressive don’t you think, considering 99% of people would struggle to find this very small town of Ilkeston on the map.
    Ilkeston have fared well in the higher league they have been promoted to, will finish just outside the playoffs in their first season. But the surprising thing mostly is that they play against a lot of bigger, well established clubs that you find easily on a map, and even more surprising is that Ilkeston town have the highest home attendance in the league, and the most travelling fans to boot, and for a club on the outskirts of the town, that does not have a bus or train service pass anywhere near the ground that’s another surprising thing don’t you think?
    Mr Hilton has left Ilkeston in very good hands, and if he were to return in any capacity I am sure it would be to a fanfare of trumpets… even it was as the car park attendant…. finally Mr Hilton and the new manager did not so much jump on a sinking ship… more like the Titanic, but given time you will float up again, and if your not sure about that? Go to a game at Ilkeston and ask the fans about the “before and after” Mr Hilton and his partner.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

@ Patrick:
    Has he the disposable wealth to take the club back to the EFL?

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013

The vast majority who are criticising are doing so because he’s ignoring simple questions including what his plans for the club are. If he wants a more constructive discussion perhaps he could do something to encourage that?

I’ve not come across any scunny fans that aren’t happy he’s saved the club but at best there is a huge communication issue here. We just want communication.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Rene Artois
    I do not know other peoples financial status, but from experiences at Ilkeston and monies spent, with breathtaking improvements to the club and playing structures I think he has proved he is a winner… without doubt!
    As for poor communication, we’ll its not is it?… replying, and responding to negative comments from a small percentage of fans, who you would not have heard a peep out of, if the team were likely to escape relaxation is not my idea of good communication.
    As I said, let the doubters go to Ilkeston and ask independent fans about Mr Hiltons capability.. and not listen to keyboard warriors.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

All very commendable Patrick, no denying that. Though tbh, there’s barely been any criticism, particularly on this forum. There’s a fair few questions being asked about the 1899 scheme and credit card payments for season tickets. I don’t see what’s wrong with that? I saw an exchange between Mr Hilton and a someone else on Twitter last night and shortly after he deleted his account (don’t blame him). This didn’t appear to be an Iron supporter. A Frank interview or in conversation with BBC Humberside or the Iron Bru podcast might be useful?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And there’s lots who want less, we’ve got our way now he’s left Twitter, he’ll let us know what he wants to know when he wants to, no point in giving us a plan our fans take it that’s a promise “literally” the less we know the less disappointed we will be, win win chicken dinner.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Rene Artois
    I do not know other peoples financial status, but from experiences at Ilkeston and monies spent, with breathtaking improvements to the club and playing structures I think he has proved he is a winner… without doubt!

The Swann’s wealth was estimated at £340M by The Sunday Times in 2013.

Ten years later and they bid us Bon Voyage.

Expensive hobbies professional football clubs!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Bloody hell Deerey every criticism of Jimbob is a criticism of Hiltons judgement. Questioning who owns the ground, where’s his money, where’s is money come from, all negative questioning of him.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant

Rene Artois
    As for poor communication, we’ll its not is it?… replying, and responding to negative comments from a small percentage of fans, who you would not have heard a peep out of, if the team were likely to escape relaxation is not my idea of good communication.
    As I said, let the doubters go to Ilkeston and ask independent fans about Mr Hiltons capability.. and not listen to keyboard warriors.

You’re going off course here, probably on purpose.

There has been no response to reasonable questions which are nothing to do with team performance and nothing in regard to his plans for the club / ground / land.

This is a professional football club, regardless of the previous tenure teh fans expect and deserve to be properly communicated with. Not through Twitter.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Are you relaying your questions through the club or are you just asking on here?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Listened to the new podcast ,they seem concerned .

I didnt realise Swann still has hold of the club .
    From my basic understanding it seems like you need to shift nearly 2000 of the £2k tickets otherwise the future of the club is in the balance again .

Will you be able to shift them ?
    Seems a big outlay

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Again, for balance, there is no suggestion that Hilton needs to sell the 1899 memberships to buy the assets from Peter Swann.
    He already owns the club and showed proof of funds to all parties including the independent body that were helping with the sale.
    That said, I think many fans will be concerned whilst the club is still in limbo and doesn’t own the assets.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022

Wouldnt you just buy the club straight away though if you had the ready capital ?

I dont even know what that process entails , its a gray area -does proof off funds mean you literally just have the assets to cover the costs and to acquire the land ,club and stadium but do not necessarily have to use that money to do those things once you have control of the club on that premise ?

Or does the person /people have to gaurantee they will buy the land,stadium etc ?

Its a wider question really on football clubs in general ,as i dont know the answer to the answer .

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant

Surely proof of funds is exactly that, or liquid assets.

I just don’t get the silence.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Patrick, have you posted your views above on the Scunny Fans Facebook group yet? Easy to find, but beware of flying buns, short fuses and division. It’s like viewing a scrap on Scunny High St at 2am on a Saturday night! You’ll certainly have an audience though. All the best for Ilkeston Town. Hopefully get over there soon – the ‘breathtaking improvements’ sound fantastic.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

The big questions for me are: Can the land and the assets be funded through Hilton’s pocket if the 1899 doesn’t sell enough memberships? which we all know it won’t

Who will own the stadium and the land if they are purchased without enough 1899 memberships?

What are the developments entailed for the land ?

I think we all got abit excited when the club was purchased and have turned a blind eye since

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

Rene Artois

You’re going off course here, probably on purpose.

There has been no response to reasonable questions which are nothing to do with team performance and nothing in regard to his plans for the club / ground / land.

This is a professional football club, regardless of the previous tenure teh fans expect and deserve to be properly communicated with. Not through Twitter.

What does properly communicated with mean? If not twitter, then what? Carrier pigeon, newspaper, email, meeting at Glandford Park, personal phone calls (mobile or landline?), town crier or smoke signals?

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant

Suppose as long as the communication is there and gets to as many fans as possible then it doesn’t matter if its twitter or not. Lets be honest there has been fuck all about anything.

Interesting that Patrick disappeared as quickly as he arrived, after a bit of gas lighting and talk of keyboard warriors.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m keen to take up that offer of having a look round Ilkeston Town. Was hoping he’d give me a guided tour. Patrick! Patrick! Patrick! Where’s he gone??

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m keen to take up that offer of having a look round Ilkeston Town. Was hoping he’d give me a guided tour. Patrick! Patrick! Patrick! Where’s he gone??

Has he gone back to DH for his next briefing 🤔😂

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Patrick here…. and not gone anywhere, just don’t live my life on a keyboard.
    Firstly I did try and post on the fans site, for some reason my post is always declined?… I am not so tech minded to understand why?
    Secondly, I will welcome any person who has posted on this thread to Ilkeston town, I will point out the massive improvements I have spoken about, and introduce you to lifetime fans who I suspect will give you an honest account of the way the club have climbed mount everest under Mr Hilton. It will probably be about as high and the same distance as Scunthorpe have nose dived in about the same time scale….
    The invitation is open and without a tome limit, and I will buy all who come a pint.. .
    I find it hard to believe you were losing your club and someone saves it, and he is being stabbed in the back.
    Hope he comes back to Ilkeston one day.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Nice one Patrick. I’ll check my diary and get back to you. Will next season work for you?

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

It might be lovely in Ilkeston but make no mistake about it Patrick, no true Iron fan want to be moving our day to day operations to Ilkeston. If your old pal David tries this little trick there will be protests.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Protest what protest is at scunny or Ilkeston?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

It might be lovely in Ilkeston but make no mistake about it Patrick, no true Iron fan want to be moving our day to day operations to Ilkeston. If your old pal David tries this little trick there will be protests.

We all know that Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and became MK Dons.

Will we become Ilkeston Ironopolis?

The fans need a contingency plan – a Phoenix Club committee maybe?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Dunno about anyone else but I’d much rather the new owner did his talking via the team on the pitch rather than through hypothetical ideas on the future of the club.

Come May, once the dust has settled on this strange season, the chairman and his staff can sit down and begin to put forward a strategy.

I can wait another 4-6 weeks.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

Peter Swann made many mistakes but selling the club to this weapon was his worst of the lot

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Dunno about anyone else but I’d much rather the new owner did his talking via the team on the pitch rather than through hypothetical ideas on the future of the club.

Come May, once the dust has settled on this strange season, the chairman and his staff can sit down and begin to put forward a strategy.

I can wait another 4-6 weeks.

So would I, but if he’s coming up with ideas like the 1899 scheme and moving operations to Ilkeston I would like to know what’s going on with some proper detail. It would be one way to stop any false rumours.

And no, Patrick, this is not me stabbing him in the back. As fans we are entitled to know what he intends with such brainstorms, no matter how fabulous he was at Ilkeston.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.