Gateshead

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Gateshead

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Needs a complete change and yet when Hilton tried the baying mob wouldn’t have it.

Moving training isn’t going to rectify this. I’d move the lot in, including Dean and Plummer. Get Nelson back in to carry on to develop how he got the team playing in those last 3/4 matches of his stint as manager.

A club on the slide that sign a load of substandard players in a bid to stay up is bad enough but when you couple that with a manager who’s awful tactically who just won’t change things to get the best out of what he’s got, you’re basically fecked.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Coxy said there is nowt wrong with the training pitch and will be one of the best in non league north

It’s the lack of drainage which is the problem which means once it get’s hit by a fair amount of rainfall, the pitch becomes heavy and cuts up, resulting in training injuries.

The drainage down there is piss poor and that’s always been the case.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Coxy said there is nowt wrong with the training pitch and will be one of the best in non league north
    Dont talk rubbish they have been training there for years have you been to watch

It’s the lack of drainage which is the problem which means once it get’s hit by a fair amount of rainfall, the pitch becomes heavy and cuts up, resulting in training injuries.

The drainage down there is piss poor and that’s always been the case.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

I guess thats an echo then

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

What are you going on about ?. No doubt it may look the best in NLN but the drainage is complete dog mess and has been for years.

What do you think happens to a training pitch when it’s hit with heavy rainfall when it’s got substandard drainage, hazard a guess !

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Daft sod it’s fine

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Based on the last three matches, and looking at the remaining four, when do you think we’ll score the next goal?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

1 upfront as usual for the next 4 games so wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t score a goal again until next season. Dean is clearly incapable of fielding a positive line up/formation and is reluctant to budge in an attempt to get the best out of Elliot.

Honest to god, it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t score another goal this season. That’s how bad it is. Ever since Dean has come in we’ve gradually gotten worse.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Based on the last three matches, and looking at the remaining four, when do you think we’ll score the next goal?

Could well be next season now Daz, no team playing us in our remaining games has to really win, so they can can just defend deep and look to catch us on the break. That’s what I’d do if I was manager of our last four opponents, keep it tight, frustrate us because we need to score then wait for the breaks. We will possibly pick up quite a few yellow cards in our remaining fixtures as players frustrations grow and fans start getting on their backs. It’s been a complete f** k up of a season and it’s what we deserve because we ain’t good enough.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

What are you going on about ?. No doubt it may look the best in NLN but the drainage is complete dog mess and has been for years.

What do you think happens to a training pitch when it’s hit with heavy rainfall when it’s got substandard drainage, hazard a guess !

Drainage or a CEO on a colossal annual salary?

“it’ll be reet lads. Don’t worry” – CEO

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

1 upfront as usual for the next 4 games so wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t score a goal again until next season. Dean is clearly incapable of fielding a positive line up/formation and is reluctant to budge in an attempt to get the best out of Elliot.

Honest to god, it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t score another goal this season. That’s how bad it is. Ever since Dean has come in we’ve gradually gotten worse.

We made them look like a drunken Real Madrid yesterday.
    If their players could only strike a ball properly and keep a shot down and on target (don’t drink & shoot lol ) … then it could have been 20-0
    Absolutely shambolic performance by SUFC.
    If we were a dog, we’d be off to the vets to be euthanised. We are so sick!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Could well be next season now Daz, no team playing us in our remaining games has to really win, so they can can just defend deep and look to catch us on the break. That’s what I’d do if I was manager of our last four opponents, keep it tight, frustrate us because we need to score then wait for the breaks. We will possibly pick up quite a few yellow cards in our remaining fixtures as players frustrations grow and fans start getting on their backs. It’s been a complete f** k up of a season and it’s what we deserve because we ain’t good enough.

We can’t score.
    We can’t defend.
    I’d attack, attack, attack us.
    Humiliate us and try to run up that clubs biggest win of the season.
    When the knife is in, twist it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Had to switch off midway through, was excruciating.

when the tide eventually turns it will make it all the more Sweeter.

We drown when the tide turns!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Iron-awe wrote:-
    “We will possibly pick up quite a few yellow cards in our remaining fixtures as players frustrations grow”

Very doubtful, the players aren’t interested enough to get frustrated. I wouldn’t rule out a few reds though, Pugh showed them how to get an early finish when you can’t be bothered any more.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Iron-awe wrote:-
    “We will possibly pick up quite a few yellow cards in our remaining fixtures as players frustrations grow”

Very doubtful, the players aren’t interested enough to get frustrated. I wouldn’t rule out a few reds though, Pugh showed them how to get an early finish when you can’t be bothered any more.

I’m not trying to defend Pugh, but you can bet your last £ that the lad on the floor give Pugh a verbal tirade of abuse before he lashed out at him.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

No defence IMO.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

They were at him for all of 37 mins I thought he was going to go before he squared up to one of theirs earlier I thought he was going to punch him, whatever was said sure it’ll get passed round for others to goad him probably calling him a dwarf.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Yeah, there had been some pushing and shoving a couple of times prior to the incident.
    The same Heed player was involved.
    They obviously been giving each other the verbal’s throughout the 37 minutes.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

No defence should ever be exposed like ours was yesterday. No defence should ever have to soak up that much pressure in a single game.
    I actually felt sorry for ’em. Overall, they weren’t that bad.
    Zero protection from in front of them.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

There wasn’t anybody in front of them for most of the game, it was a 9/10 man defence after the first 10 minutes.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Their #9 Dinanga couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo. Thought he was Joe Nuttall in disguise.

Did hit the upright twice in the second half so 5-0 would have been a fair score. If I was their manager I’d have given them a right bollocking for not filling their boots.

We looked like we were playing with 10 when we had 11 on the pitch. So no real surprise that we were no worse off after Pugh’s dismissal.

BTW Awaywego, how was Hebburn Cons Club?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

No defence should ever be exposed like ours was yesterday. No defence should ever have to soak up that much pressure in a single game.
    I actually felt sorry for ’em. Overall, they weren’t that bad.
    Zero protection from in front of them.

We must have been watching different games.

Showroom dummies v dancing on ice

They were shambolic.
    Keeper, Defence, Midfield, (non) Attack.
    Absolute horror show.
    Dean will take us in to the Northern Premier!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Their #9 Dinanga couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo. Thought he was Joe Nuttall in disguise.

Did hit the upright twice in the second half so 5-0 would have been a fair score. If I was their manager I’d have given them a right bollocking for not filling their boots.

We looked like we were playing with 10 when we had 11 on the pitch. So no real surprise that we were no worse off after Pugh’s dismissal.

BTW Awaywego, how was Hebburn Cons Club?

We looked like we’d turned up for a nine aside and they were playing 13 a side.

It looked like 9 v 13 even when there was parity in numbers (11 v 11).

The worst performance I’ve seen in 60 years.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

To be fair NI the club was the best it of the day made us more than welcome excellent snooker tables the kids enjoyed that, Best bit was the tour of the Orange order lodge which is joined onto the club they opened it up specially for me and the kids, loads of history really informative quite a bit of air to the place loads of flags pennants from other lodges best one from Derry and of course the mural of William of Orange stood out in the room, the club need 4000 a week just to break even told them to let other teams know they will welcome coaches on match days , handy for Gateshead and South sheilds. Beer 3.40 a pint.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No where bloody near Rene Didn’t you go to Notts county? 5 corner kicks in the first half alone shite delivery mind from Feeney and not just from the corners massive audible groan after the 3rd one.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.