Gateshead

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Gateshead

• Author
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I don’t care what standard he is – that was a vicious assault. Get rid! I detest thuggery.
    Felt sorry for the defence not having even the suggestion of a midfield in front of them.
    I felt sorry for the forwards not having even the suggestion of a midfield behind them.
    Could easily ship 7 unless Dean finds a magic wand to wave.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Bloody nightmare!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 27

Normally a glass half full fan – BUT that was the worst ive seen us play in a very long time – think we had 4 corners in the first 15 minutes and no one got anywhere near the cross apart from there keeper – as for Pugh ! -terrible game to watch! UTI

ScunnyblueScunnyblue
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 0

Jimmy Dean is miles out his depth , tactically useless & players obviously don’t want to play for him

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

Why r we playing out from the back when we only have 10 men. We are literally giving them the ball back on the edge of our own area. At the end of the season i wouldnt carr if every player and the manager all left. Not one of them is worthy of keeping

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Hopefully that is pugh’s last game for scunny, he is nothing more than a sunday league player with lots of energy. Should never have brought him back.
    Wearne is on loan from grimsby

He looks decent.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

commentators being as kind as possible but it sounds like the Scunny players just dont care , sulking mooching around no effort naming Cam Wilson as one of them… no chasing no reactions to even trying to get on the ball .. maybe they all need binning n start a fresh.

Scunny fans still singing but let down very very badly yet again.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Bloody nightmare!

Aldershot are 1-0 up.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Normally a glass half full fan – BUT that was the worst ive seen us play in a very long time – think we had 4 corners in the first 15 minutes and no one got anywhere near the cross apart from there keeper – as for Pugh ! -terrible game to watch! UTI

Deliveries at corners were courtesy of Just Eat!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Jimmy Dean is miles out his depth , tactically useless & players obviously don’t want to play for him

Just had two successive corners – pathetic delivery.

We are making these look like Ajax of the 70s

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Our keeper is shit.
    Can’t even keep it on the pitch when he kicks.

Over 400 SUFC fans there.

Typing the above… he’s just made a good save tbh.

ScunnyblueScunnyblue
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 0

Stevie Wonder would have got better players in than Jimmy Dean has dreadful this lot , absolute shambles

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

5-1-3 when you are 2-0 down

5 defenders – 1 screener – 3 midfielders

Doh!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Stevie Wonder would have got better players in than Jimmy Dean has dreadful this lot , absolute shambles

We will struggle to finish in the top half next season.
    It could be another relegation battle!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

SHAMBOLIC
    NO FIGHT NO DESÌRE CLEAR EM ALL OUT as obviously none want to play for the manager or club .. its not only the loan players who dont give a shit its all.of them.

402 scunny fans in a crowd of 1800 ..let down badly again .. disgraceful in everyway

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

SHAMBOLIC
    NO FIGHT NO DESÌRE CLEAR EM ALL OUT as obviously none want to play for the manager or club .. its not only the loan players who dont give a shit its all.of them.

402 scunny fans in a crowd of 1800 ..let down badly again .. disgraceful in everyway

When & where will it eventually end?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

In a season littered with embarrassing performances a new low was reached today.
    Another game without a goal.
    Another game without testing the opposition keeper.
    Another game where none of the players gave a s***.
    Another game where we set up not to lose.
    (And when we went down to 10 set up to keep the score down.)
    Like for like subs AGAIN.
    A team that can’t string 3 passes together playing goal kicks short to a defender in the penalty area – unbelievable!!
    Here’s a bit of Jimmy’s pre-match in case you missed it:-
    “I expect a reaction. There’s no point trying to get away from it, it’s left us in a really difficult position. There’s no excuse not to go out there and give everything. This club and these games means too much to too many people. I’ve told them if we can’t do that then it’s completely unacceptable.”

Well ‘mate’ they obviously listened and showed you what they think.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It seems impossibly odd to me that we have had a shedload of managers who have all been utterly incapable of managing.
    All have been pilloried by fans.
    All have been booted out.
    The logical view must be that it is not their management ability but that they have all been victims of a toxic environment with a built-in confidence-destruction bot.
    It is just not feasible that they have all been poo!
    “Well, this one is but the next one probably won’t be.” – Sigh!
    Dean should be made to work to his own level of expertise – which, incidentally, is NLN.
    He must be given a chance. Just how much more upheaval can we take?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Just as a matter of interest (maybe) and for comparison. Altrincham had a man sent off after 79 minutes, they were 2-0 down and drew 2-2.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Had to switch off midway through, was excruciating.

Pitch forks are out again it seems, another corpse to throw on the heap. Saying that, Dean’s got to start looking inwards after those last 4 games, the players have downed tools and it’s on him to figure out why exactly that is. Performances are as bad as I’ve ever seen. I want to give him next year but if we carry in like that for the remaining games then his position will be untenable.

Seems like we say the thing every 6 months but we need a total clear out. With the cutbacks being made and crowds still north of 3.3k, we should have one of/if not the most competitive budgets in the NLN.

We need to stop warehousing players and having 10-12 centre mids on the books. Get 2 players for every position and a couple spare. If we run into injuries/suspensions then utilise the loan market where needed. Using 30-35 players a year and expecting a cohesive team is just insanity.

Most importantly we need organisation and characters. The 2 opposition players that stand out for me this year were Woking’s centre back, if you saw the home game against Woking you’d know what I mean. Get a solid spine assembled and usually that’s when the higher quality lads start performing. We have 2 proven strikers at this level already in Carver and Elliot. It’s no coincidence they score whilst at other clubs and look useless here.

I want to hear and see players next year encouraging and bollocking others when necessary, can you imagine Bilson time wasting at York with Crosby, Dawson, Bishop, Hope, Mirfin etc in the team. Scunthorpe has for too long been a holding pen for apathy and an easy pay cheque. Are we paying that poor of a wage it’s subconsciously filtering down to the pitch?

We’ve used nearly 130 players in the last 5 years, half a dozen managers and keep getting the same results. Hilton’s got to change an entire culture at the club, no easy feat in just a few months.

Can’t wait for the season end but equally I can’t wait for a new start in August. Very few supporters in the country will have been on the journey we have been on; when the tide eventually turns it will make it all the more Sweeter.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

It seems impossibly odd to me that we have had a shedload of managers who have all been utterly incapable of managing.
    The logical view must be that it is not their management ability but that they have all been victims of a toxic environment with a built-in confidence-destruction bot.
    Dean should be made to work to his own level of expertise – which, incidentally, is NLN.

we have also had loads of players who have been given stick by the fans, and strangely one came on for England last week

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I hate to say this, but I feel Dean is out of his depth. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe he can actually improve the performances, in fact I would go so far as to say he is actually making things worse.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

We are just going from bad to worse.
    The managerial appointments are progressively worse.
    The only highlight recently was the progress and potential shown by Lord Nelson.
    How many will show up on Monday?
    Or, will they decide they’ll have a more enjoyable & rewarding day at the coast?
    I’m guessing Oldham will bring a good crowd to laugh at us?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Literally chasing shadows today. And not just because of The Heed’s ‘effin awful kit!

Not even half a yard off the pace, the full 6’ exclusion zone! Someone failed to tell them we we’ve been out of Covid precautions for over a year!

The closest any of our players got to the opposition was Pugh’s boot!

Absolutely embarrassing. Pugh and Shrimpton in the midfield engine room? Christ on a bike!

Players jogging back, wrong side of the guy they should be marking. No idea of when to press the opposition or close them down.

Doesn’t really matter whether they train in Ilkeston or Sainsbury’s car park they’ll learn nowt with the attitude shown today.

Very, very poor. Very, very depressing!

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

We need to stop warehousing players and having 10-12 centre mids on the books. Get 2 players for every position and a couple spare.

Agreed a 20 / 22 man squad at NLN is sufficient.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

The big mistake was changing Nelson, not because he was better or JD worse, because nobody would have blamed Nelson or Hilton for failure this season.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Well other than ticking another ground off just utter shite, Billson fumbled everything first half made 2 good saves second,shite ground no roof over us so a dead atmosphere,biggest cheer was when the ballboy got removed from Infront of us for swearing and making obscene gestures, plus in the second half got massive cheer for venturing into their half. All very sad really drop everyone not contracted to us next season just play the kids to fill in definitely.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Needs a complete change and yet when Hilton tried the baying mob wouldn’t have it.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I hate to say this, but I feel Dean is out of his depth. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe he can actually improve the performances, in fact I would go so far as to say he is actually making things worse.

I’ve said the same thing, Dean isn’t good enough and you can tell the players just won’t play for him. Thing with Dean that he isn’t grasping is that he’s still playing his preferred formation but he hasn’t got the players to play it.

Any manager worth his salt would have looked at the players and devised a plan and a system in which to get the best out of what they’ve got, whereas Dean just keeps with this one formation when it’s clear it just doesn’t work.

Elliot for instance isn’t a lone front man, everybody can see it and yet instead of him recognizing that he keeps with what clearly doesn’t work. Any manager with any tactical nous would think to themselves “this doesn’t work, I’ll change to two upfront to get the best out of Elliot” and yet it hasn’t even crossed his mind.

Let’s have it right, things have gotten worse since Nelson was replaced. Towards the end of Nelson’s time as manager, despite taking 3 or 4 games to come up with a plan and settle everything down, we were playing some really nice football with a clear style and we had an identity.

Dean’s come in and it’s been the one formation which for the most part doesn’t suit the players that are here, as a result we lack cohesion, identity and the players clearly don’t like playing the way he wants them to play or simply won’t play for him. All I know is that it’s not working.

I don’t think getting a completely new squad will change it either because Dean will still want to play the same way next season. The shape of the team just doesn’t work.

Look, we’re all but down anyway so why he didn’t just go 4/4/2 today with Carver and Elliot upfront or in fact any system with 2 upfront. I have never in all my life know of a manager who’s so averse to playing two upfront.

I’ve never seen anything like it. Gateshead fans on twitter are commenting that we’ve destroyed Elliot and York Fans last week said we were nuts for not starting him so he must have something about him, your talking about somebody who scored 7 in 9 games at this very same level.

Thing that worries me is that the current manager is that clueless or just plain stubborn that he flatly refuses to play with two upfront in a bid to get the best out of him.

I know the players are largely to blame as well but would you lot trust Dean with a sizeable budget to bring players in for next season playing the same formation ?

Baring in mind he really wanted Bennett and brought Sembie Ferris to the club who’s hardly played any minutes ?

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Coxy said there is nowt wrong with the training pitch and will be one of the best in non league north

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.