Game on New Year’s Eve

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Game on New Year’s Eve

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I wish I could post a link but I’m not bright enough. However I refer you to a Mac Davis song, freely available on youtube, which seems appropriate.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

A reasonable decision to move the games. Even more so that I can now attend both.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

I wish I could post a link but I’m not bright enough. However I refer you to a Mac Davis song, freely available on youtube, which seems appropriate.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Looks more of a reaction to fans dismay than genuinely wanting to keep us informed.
    Argh bless em thinking about the players rest time I remember what happened last time they did that for them, bet non of them take advantage of over celebrating new years eve.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

My season ticket is starting to look a tad expensive now, as I can’t make Tuesday night games and NYE is another I’ll have to miss unless I take annual leave. I understand the clubs take on the extra costs but surely this is the same for every other club in the league (and the leagues above) that are hosting on NYD? I think Michelle and the board have banked enough goodwill for most fans to let this one go but changing ‘traditional’ fixtures is slightly irritating to those that have bought season tickets in advance of the fixtures being released.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

We’re such a poor club now we really must consider 1 o’clock kickoffs so the flood lights don’t need to be used.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Might as well close one of the stands for the majority of games whilst we’re at it, must be a cost saving there too.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Sorry but the club’s thinking is not unreasonable.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

With an average crowd of 4120 it is, the people of the town have rocked up and supported the club in more ways than one, bout time the club recognized the fact and not blame everything on cost of things, if they’d just left it about the rest then maybe fair enough, by the club having to clarify the reasons shows they have being wrong on the issue and as I have pointed out before it’s not the first time. Is Moody putting these statements out without running it past anyone else.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Call me cynical but I suspect the “Football Department” fancied having a few drinks on NYE. The published post decision justification sounds a load of tosh.

Would have been a valid and sensible decision if NYE was a Saturday or Sunday but it’s a bit daft to schedule a working day afternoon kick off.

Not a big deal and if this remains the level of mistake after the magnitude of cock ups made by Swann and Hilton then we will do OK.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

It might actually work well for both players and fans. If it doesn’t it’s not that drastic.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

LBH we are all just waiting for the season to start and this sort of discussion is bog standard fayre for the close season.

3 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.