First One In.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace First One In.

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I think wanting money back from Hilton is perfectly understandable bearing in mind events at the time don’t you?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

I don’t like donating money to a private business either, but as things stand what we get in return is the continued existence of the club and more money it can spend on getting us promoted out of this dire league. The fact that the stadium is owned by a community interest company means there is little to no chance of any Hilton type characters taking over and cashing in later on.
    There should be a point in the reasonably near future where the club can say they don’t need donations or work to be done by volunteers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Sounds like both Beestin staying

F*** Sake, i thought Andy wanted Fit players?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Unfit? Or didn’t want to play for Jimbo?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’m guessing Butler knows more than us about his potential to keep fit and flourish. We’ll see.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2024/june/alfie-beestin-signs-contract-extension-with-the-iron/

Waste of money. Sigh.

I can understand the concerns. Alfie has had several years plagued by sickness and injury. Covid seems to have gutted him for a year or more and then he got that injury just as he seemed to be regaining fitness. If the renewal fits the wage structure then I’m positive on this one. He’s shown flashes of ability way above current level so if it’s a gamble then I think it’s worth taking.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Now wanting money back from Hilton!
    Let’s say he raked in £50.000 a game for the 14 league games in charge £700.000
    1300 season tickets say £400.000
    The 1899 club or 100 club as it turned out another £200.000 there.
    That’s 1.3 million he took in.
    Yet paid the tax bill to get us out of the embargo £250.000 we’ll say.
    We’ll say 8 months wages February to and including September £150.000 a month say, so that’ll be £1.2 million plus the £250.000tax bill making £1,450.000 he paid out taking for granted he never paid any other bill.
    My figures are more than generous for what he raked in. So what money do we want back from Hilton.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Me thinks your back of a fag packet stream of consciousness doesn’t tally with reality. Are you taking tips off Farage?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Money back from Hilton .. THATS A CRACKER as Frank Carsons dressing room would say ! more chance of platting snow.

Back to the footy … whilst i am some what happy most of the players have signed to stay lets not forget they werent good enough to get it done last season under JD ..hoping its a diffferent end result with AB at the helm which would sort of make the point just how good or bad JD was whilst here.
    Loosing Ogle (cant blame the fella for moving) and failing to come to a deal with Butterfield is truly sad but life goes on.
    Re Beestin .. inconsistent injury prone maybe should of kept Pugh n let Beestin go ?? .. unless of course AB plays him differently.
    New signings thin on the ground hoping for at least another 3 players PLUS the assistant to AB whoever thats gonna be.

UTI

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

So what money do we want back from Hilton.

WE don’t want any money back from Hilton, you were having a dig at Sharpe for wanting his loan repaid when Hilton was in charge.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

Let’s say he raked in £50.000 a game for the 14 league games in charge £700.000
    1300 season tickets say £400.000
    The 1899 club or 100 club as it turned out another £200.000 there.
    That’s 1.3 million he took in.
    Yet paid the tax bill to get us out of the embargo £250.000 we’ll say.
    We’ll say 8 months wages February to and including September £150.000 a month say, so that’ll be £1.2 million plus the £250.000tax bill making £1,450.000 he paid out taking for granted he never paid any other bill.
    My figures are more than generous for what he raked in. So what money do we want back from Hilton.

Bless, you must be the only person who still believes he paid for anything.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

So what money do we want back from Hilton.

WE don’t want any money back from Hilton, you were having a dig at Sharpe for wanting his loan repaid when Hilton was in charge.

Could have saved himself getting the old abacus out!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Somebody paid , if not Hilton who Ferrite.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.