First One In.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace First One In.

• Author
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Sounds like both Beestin and Boycey are staying … lets say AB has 3 more signings to make where do members think he should target with regard to positions and is 3 enough , im hoping for MINIMUM another 4 plus trialists to get to the 21 – 22 squad number plus then any loan business that suits.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Increased bench means a keeper required. We’ll probably have to sign one because who is going to loan us a player who has little to no chance of game time?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

I have seen the new rules on substitutions that now apply in the National League (step 1) but cannot find any evidence that the rules have or are going to change for NLN & NLS (step 2).

If anyone has seen anything different then please share.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Even so we still need another keeper, a physical defender that can play right back, an energetic and creative wide midfielder and of course 2 proven regular goalscorers.

Not much to ask.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Increased bench means a keeper required. We’ll probably have to sign one because who is going to loan us a player who has little to no chance of game time?

Slightly disagree there – just because we *can* name more subs, doesn’t mean we *have* to. Carrying a full-time reserve keeper might be a luxury we can’t afford, instead relying on emergency loans if anything happens to Fitzsimons.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Even so we still need another keeper, a physical defender that can play right back, an energetic and creative wide midfielder and of course 2 proven regular goalscorers. Not much to ask.

Slightly over ambitious I think MK. We seem to have our 2 up front in place, I reckon the best we can hope for is 1 back up striker that might score occasionally.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Would love to be able to argue that Cass but I think you have hit the nail very centrally on it’s head.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

We are in the national league set up MK so rules will apply to us.
    Surely you remember them f ing it up over the selling of tickets and then the mighty iron sorting it for everyone.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

If the plan is 2 up front then 4 strikers has to be what we are looking at- another signing and potentially a young loanee ?
    Whitehall and the New lad have 35 goals between them so you’d forgive the club for looking to take a gamble lower down the pyramid rather than signing another experienced player.

My main focus would now be on that midfield battler, we often looked to lightweight in there last year.

Other than that: Cover the keeper , RB, and the wings (depending on formation) and we are pretty much there

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

4 more please AB

sign midfield/winger cover when Law and or Roberts get injured
    sign another proven striker
    sign a right back
    sign a box to box quick utility player (Kai Corbett still without a club)

plus
    Loan in some hungry youngsters including a back up keeper and striker

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

I see Darlo & Chorley have signed strikers from NLP(E) and NPL so obviously some options there.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Darlo got a striker from Dunston we’ve got to look at all leagues and bring a promising youngster in.
    Darlo fans helped out big time they’ve raised £190.000 to”Raise the Budget”

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Missed the announcement on the increased bench, so assuming that means we will be able to make 5 subs?

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Darlo fans helped out big time they’ve raised £190.000 to”Raise the Budget”

Thanks an incredible amount for a club with an average home attendance of approx. 1200.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Subsidising millionaires,suckers!

Participant

Darlo and Chester are completely fan owned.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Subsidising millionaires,suckers!

Who are the millionaires?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

I suspect that’s sarcasm aimed at awaywego, who mocked supporters for raising funds with ‘multimillionaires’ on the Board. I’ve not yet managed to ascertain who on our current board is a ‘multimillionaire’, (according to awaywego). They don’t appear on any high net worth lists as far as I’m aware, so unless he can verify it, I reckon it might be BS. Don’t know about Darlo’s owners, Johnston, Jowett and Stockdale.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I’d love to know at what investment level lifelong fans (Roj,Michelle,George ,Ian} cease to be fans and become just owners?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Michelle and Buter said we were looking to go in with a squad of 21 players. We currently have 15 on the books, including Carlton.

So we’ll be looking for another 6. We’ll need a back up striker, Back up GK, back up RB/CB, 2 wingers and a genuine defensive midfielder.

Shrimpton’s more box to box, Beestin and scales are more forward thinking which only leaves Clunan who’s a genuine defensive midfielder.

When we cover those positions, we’ll be fine. Michelle mentioned Butler really wants another two which sound more higher priority signings and got the impression the other four will come from a number of trialists we’re bringing in.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

With a match day squad of 18 I still think 21 is tight. A couple of injuries (Roberts & Law) and a couple of suspensions (Evans and Whitehall) and we’re short. Also I like the DM to be a tackler/ball winner, not Clunans game IMO. I hope the two priority signings are both MFs and one of them is Corbett.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Didn’t you put George AItkenhead into Company check Deerey net worth £4 million same with not so Sharp I think you’ll find.

Participant

With a match day squad of 18 I still think 21 is tight. A couple of injuries (Roberts & Law) and a couple of suspensions (Evans and Whitehall) and we’re short. Also I like the DM to be a tackler/ball winner, not Clunans game IMO. I hope the two priority signings are both MFs and one of them is Corbett.

Clunan will be an interesting one next year; previous to the last campaign he was included in Team of the year for Kings Lynn and seemed to enjoy success further up the pitch. I’m not quite sure Jimmy knew how to utilise him best and he ended up just going through the motions on his return from the injury and was one of the reasons our play was often so slow.

Hopefully AB has a different role in mind

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

With a match day squad of 18 I still think 21 is tight

I agree. Michelle did say though there would be money left to bring in loans as and when needed to supplement the squad. I think we’ll be fine. Ideally though I’d like us to bring in two strikers because in this league, I think a genuine targetman comes in handy. In certain games last season we struggled when it got bogged down in midfield and we didn’t have a big lump to go direct to.

Whitehall isn’t too bad in that role, but it’s not really his game.

I’d like the two higher priority signings to be wide players. I have no faith in Law staying/keeping it and Roberts is a bit dicey to say the least.

One name I did see kicking about on twitter about a possible striker we could be looking at as a trialist is Johnathon Hooper A.K.A JJ Hooper. 30yr old who was playing at Blyth Spartans last season and netted 11 in 25 games. Out of contract too.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Looking forward to the next new signing who was ‘kicking about on Twitter’.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

It seems you’re unable to type anything about players now without some idiot taking pot shots.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

You can always tell it’s close season when the over sensitivity and apparent lack of sense of humour kick in.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Didn’t you put George AItkenhead into Company check Deerey net worth £4 million same with not so Sharp I think you’ll find.

I’ll give you those two awaywego. Great they’re fully on board then though can’t expect them to fund the club without added supporter income. All part of becoming sustainable and relying less on the ownership to bail out so often and avoiding inheriting silly money budgets.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Can go along with most of that Deerey, we should now able to run just the same as any other club, sponsorships, advertising, and a little bit of fundraising,
    You’ve said much the same as Tahinas mission completed letter, the 3 new board members are able (doesn’t say they have yet) to bring much needed funding and getting away from emergency funding.
    I like 64 can’t just give money to a private business without something in return. Some of Stu’s efforts of late are more me, a prize of a club shop voucher or and money to help with the running of the away coach travel.
    The last thing I would want to see is all the funding for nothing in return and then one board member walking away with what they have put in which is pretty much the norm I think you’ll agree.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Which moves on to what 64 ponders. Imo there’s no cross over from fans to just being owners that would only arize when they leave the board if they don’t want anything back they were fans if they do then they cross that threshold into owners, and I believe we have seen at least the way which one of the board members would turn out to be.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.