First First Team

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace First First Team

• Author
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

The above posts are about Asians supposedly gathering on Frodingham road. If you can link that to Scunthorpe’s first team then you might want to try the Kevin Bacon movie game.

If find AWG’s contributions tangential at best on all threads, so tend to just filter them out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Could agree with a lot of your comments about non football, but once I saw people were taking the threat seriously I thought it was ok to post and let people know what was supposedly going on so they could avoid the area. If you had seen the video on look north of the car driver in Hull who’s car was attacked and was very lucky to get away with his life you’d maybe see differently Ferrite, Cliff.
    Never offered an opinion only info,
    put it on this thread following an earlier post by Ironawe on the riots to me that’s fair enough.
    Not saying anything would have happened but imagine walking along Frod road with an England shirt on at 12 o’clock or a flag in your car forewarned is forearmed. Ps I would have stood with the asians to protect the community.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

IMG-5199

9 games before they lost their first fixture last season. They then met us in the FA Cup.
    It looks like we are weaker on the pitch this season?
    The 3H’s will have an affect on the result – heat, humidity, hard pitch.
    Expecting a drab opening game.
    Brackley 1-0 Scunthorpe
    0-0 at half time.
    Att: 1,150

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Don’t do the non football but thought I’d have a look nice to see 64 posted 3.5 hrs after the supposedly event start showing a picture of an empty closed up high st.

I’m well happy I put a warning up on here folks.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Dont do it again welcome to the naughty corner

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Personally don’t have an issue with you posting it in this side given the situation awaywego.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

ABs radio interview from last evening .. nothing weve not heard before but comes across well , down to earth and more composed JD.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jgvtgw

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Couple of interesting points AB brought up.

Braithwaite in talks this week and another center forward arrived on trial but no name given..maybe some Bru super sleuths have the goss n some titbits.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

If the signing window is still open then would have thought better to see the balance once in league action.

Do we have any wingers, would we use them if we did ? Always liked down the line and a good cross style, ball for either the strikers or the midfielders who will be tasked to attack the ball.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Open till March Sanfran.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Not winning automatic promotion would be just as big a disappointment as it was last season. Failure to reach the play offs would be a disaster.

I am massively thankful and very proud of all that helped save our club (including my own small efforts) but the time has come to focus on the journey going forward. A journey that needs to end back in the EFL.

Excellent post MK. Agree entirely. It’s time to move on from the turmoil of the last few years and embrace the fact that we are the biggest club in the league with the biggest budget (according to Michelle) and with that comes high expectations. If we don’t live up to those expectations it’s on Butler and the players. The ‘we’re lucky to have a club’ card has been played often enough now and isn’t something we need to hear repeated in the upcoming season.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Clunan interview so surely hes nailed on the start as captain

VIDEO: Skipper Michael Clunan looks ahead to season opener

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Clunan was always nailed on to start as he’s the only real recognized defensive midfielder. If we can get the early last season Clunan and he keeps it going, he’ll be a huge asset.

Looked to me last season that he ran out of steam. Last season was his first full season of professional /full time football and it looked to have taken it’s toll. Also the birth of his first child thrown into the mix which is never easy to deal with.

last seasons matches and a good pre season with increased fitness levels and we may see the Clunan of the first half of last season but spread across a longer period of the season.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’ll go along with that WG, last season early on Clunan was actively seeking the ball, demanding the ball and making things happen. Second half season Clunan was stood around waiting for the ball to come to him, I feel he has the capability to produce last season’s early form on a more consistent basis.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

The ‘we’re lucky to have a club’ card has been played often enough now and isn’t something we need to hear repeated in the upcoming season.

Disagree completely. This is the first season of the rebirth of our club – and we are still carrying a lot of the scars of the last few years. We’re still not the club we were, we don’t have the deep pockets of even the Wharton years and we are still in a rebuilding phase.

As for Clunan, I’m really not sure what he offers to the team, but in Butler we trust.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Be realistic 414. Success will come.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Clunan was in the divisional team
    Of the year prior to joining us so there is a player there. I’m not sure Jimmy did him any favours last year positional wise and personally would prefer to see him more box-box.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I’m not sure Jimmy did him any favours last year positional wise and personally would prefer to see him more box-box.

Well there are plenty of people who fall under that category. What I have seen suggests he’s either unambitious or limited in possession, so it could be that Dean’s structure failed him.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I really hope Clueless Clunan was just following orders as he set the pace and ruined so many games with his dull passes

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The scars have more than healed no more of that millstone of a ground hanging round fans necks.
    Most fans have got the owners they want and appreciate.
    Got the manager they wanted, so why would fans need to go on saying we’re lucky to have a club.
    The honeymoon is over.
    We’re that big fish in a little pond and it is a little pond and nows the time to leap out of it nothing else will do.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

The scars have more than healed no more of that millstone of a ground hanging round fans necks.
    Most fans have got the owners they want and appreciate.
    Got the manager they wanted, so why would fans need to go on saying we’re lucky to have a club.
    The honeymoon is over.
    We’re that big fish in a little pond and it is a little pond and nows the time to leap out of it nothing else will do.

You ok AWG you double dosed on the meds very moving post im crying now … 55555555 onnee kiddin agree entirely.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

The opinions of AWG over ACG? I know, it’s a tough call.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

[/url]

LawsihateyouLawsihateyou
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013

GK: Fitzsimonds
    LWB: Nicholson
    CB: Evans
    CB: Kouogun
    CB: Boyce
    RWB: Barrows
    CM: Brogan
    CM: Clunan
    CM: Scales
    ST: Carlton
    ST: Whitehall

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Please nooooooo! 5 CBs is just too many.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

very surprising starting 11 .. Charlton suspended.

[/url]upload image to web[/url]

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

Can see a 2,3 nil reverse on Saturday. I’m not confident about 3-5-2, I know it’s one of the harder formations for players to adapt to and it doesn’t take much for opposition to turn the 3 into a 5. Heart says 2-1 Scunny though

2, 3 nil reverse…..

Cracking prediction.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Was it a one match ban?

Also – did I miss our punishment for the Chester fiasco?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Was it a one match ban?

Also – did I miss our punishment for the Chester fiasco?

Carlton banned for first three games Les, back for selection Chorley home game. Pass on the Chester question haven’t heard anything about that

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Can see a 2,3 nil reverse on Saturday. I’m not confident about 3-5-2, I know it’s one of the harder formations for players to adapt to and it doesn’t take much for opposition to turn the 3 into a 5. Heart says 2-1 Scunny though

2, 3 nil reverse…..

Cracking prediction.

Happy to be proven wrong. You missed the ‘heart says’ prediction which I should’ve gone with (at least in results), also further reinforced my position on never gambling. Let’s celebrate the victory rather than schadenfraude

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.