Home Forums The New Blast Furnace Fenty & The Cods

• This topic is empty.

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 178
    Replies: 3689

Some interesting snippets from a Telegraph article:-

“Ian Holloway (Ollie) with his vast experience intends to drive the Club forward both on and off the field, having special responsibilities as the director responsible for all football operations.”
    “In the meantime, I will continue to support the football club financially from afar, continuing to underpin forecasted shortfalls, in ensuring a competitive playing budget.”
    ” This could not have been possible without fantastic sponsors and fans sticking with the Club through thick and thin. Supporting **** is not always easy and each and every one of you has my sincere respect and heartfelt appreciation for being there when most needed.”
    “During all of that time, it was not about ownership or control, but being the best custodian I could be. Priding myself on being accessible, open and honest has been important to me, notwithstanding that from time to time it has landed me in hot water, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way.”
    “As a strong supporter of the Mariners Trust from inception and recognising the importance of the fans to have a voice and pivotal role in the running of the Club, I would like to thank its members”

Any lessons to be learned here?

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3869

Quite a few lessons TBF but don’t expect Pete and the Deaf Aids to paying attention anytime soon. ( With apologies to The Beatles for plagiarizing one of their lines ).

mistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 416
    Replies: 8313

I thought it was the name of a Rock Group and expected it to be put in Non Football.

uptheiron99
    Participant
    Topics: 133
    Replies: 1869

Lesson one:

“This could not have been possible without fantastic sponsors and fans sticking with the Club through thick and thin.”

Ironfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 259

To be fair, most cod fans would have been pleased to see the back of Fenty before Holloway joined the club and recent upturn in form

cassidystash
    Participant

Lesson one:

“This could not have been possible without fantastic sponsors and fans sticking with the Club through thick and thin.”

Selecting one half of one quote only? What about the rest?
    You’ll have to do better than that!!

3 users thanked author for this post.

cassidystash
    Participant

To be fair, most cod fans would have been pleased to see the back of Fenty before Holloway joined the club and recent upturn in form

I don’t think it’s at the “most fans” stage here yet (vociferous few aside) so it might not be too late then?

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 170
    Replies: 2315

I’m not sure how much there is to be learned from Fenty’s tenure of the Cods but these are encouraging statements.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Cliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 750

A pragmatic Chairman who took over during a difficult time for the club, steadying the ship could not have been easy following the ITV digital collapse and for that he should be commended.

However, he oversaw the Cods demise from the championship to non-league with sprinkles of success in the last 20 years. It is only since the appointment of Holloway there has been any remote feel good factor, prior to that he was getting abused by supporters in the stands.

No new stadium and attendances (for a borough of 150,000) down to 3/4,000.

Not a blueprint of success.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 239
    Replies: 10601

Any lessons to be learned here?

It’s difficult to learn a lesson when you think you know more than the teacher!

1 user thanked author for this post.

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 153
    Replies: 4049

Lesson one:

And yet you dismiss those who say they have had enough, as unimportant, and tell them to find another club to watch?
    Hypocrisy?

Pat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 1679

Lesson one:

We have stuck with it through thick & thin which is why we keep going and spending our money unlike your pal….. while you are dishing out lessons to us morons and being the font of all knowledge what are your thoughts on the rest of the statement, for example……

The Manager being left to do what he is employed to do like being responsible for all football operations for example??????

or for example…..“During all of that time, it was not about ownership or control, but being the best custodian I could be. Priding myself on being accessible, open and honest has been important to me??????????????

or for example……..recognising the importance of the fans to have a voice and pivotal role in the running of the Club????????

or for example…..support the football club financially from afar, continuing to underpin forecasted shortfalls, in ensuring a competitive playing budget.”

These are the lessons you conveniently left off your smart arse post!

3 users thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.