FENTY SWANN

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace FENTY SWANN

• Author
    harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 11

Swanny you said don’t compare you to fenty. Peter you are worse then him.
    You are spineless. Come and face the paying fans. We have a marquee outside the Iron bar. I challenge you to come and face us. Or sell up and f—o–. Before the next game.
    Time as come for a big fans protest.

BrianBrian
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 1

Spot on but he’s a spineless ???t

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

There won’t be a protest cause no one can be arsed. It’s as bad off the pitch as it is on with such passionless fans.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

There won’t be a protest cause no one can be arsed. It’s as bad off the pitch as it is on with such passionless fans.

Do you think we’ll (the club) just slink away… disappear in to the ether?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

They are similar in many regards but I am starting to think Swann is worse tbf.

I have put a few comments on here and I do love town but I know many who like me find it slightly amusing but don’t actually want Scunthorpe Utd to fall into the abyss and want to club to get back to being a proper club.

I listened to the Lincoln City chairman earlier in an interview and you can just tell he’s a top guy with integrity who wants the best for the club, they have done well and will continue to like we will.

I want the same for Scunthorpe Utd you deserve it transparent owners who have the best interests of the town and club at heart because at the end of the day its a massive part of our communities and an institution of pride and love.

I don’t know what Swanns agenda was /is but I just hope things haven’t gone too far as to where Scunthorpe Utd have to reform /fold it would be another travesty to add too real old proper traditional football clubs much the same as :Bury, Macclesfield, Stockport, Darlington, Chester, York and countless others.

We could have gone much the same way as those, I genuinely wish you come out the other side.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Reminds me of those cheesy 80s horror movies.
    Halloween 1, 2, 3, 4 etc
    Friday 13th Part 1, 2, 3 etc
    Wrong Turn 1, 2, 3 etc
    We keep taking the wrong turn.
    In fact, we appear incapable of turning… iceberg – dead ahead!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

Fenty didn’t run up debts at Grimsby like Swann has here, no where even close. What Swann has done here is an absolute piss take.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Tbf Fenty penny pinched and told us we were punching above our weight if we finished 6th and getting 5k in the NL, then wanted to bring in a convicted fraudster and use him to build a new training with his funds.

He was found out and 2 guys with money who wanted to invest in the club took over( and who are both lifelong fans)

There must be some people who support you who want to help/save the club with some ££?

Or is he just that awkward?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

just that awkward?

Knowing what Swann is like, I would say he’ll be after every penny he can get and most likely won’t budge an inch. I suspect that Swann will let us go under before he does any kind of deal where he feels short changed.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Appreciate your empathy Richgy. We need all the support we can get right now. Cheers bud.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Not sure what Mr Swann gains by not selling the club.

The land is only worth serious money with outline planning permission. Retail was the obvious fit but nobody wants retail space anywhere right now let alone on the edge of Scunthorpe.

Potential light industrial or office space is hardly in big demand.

That only leaves residential and given the hoops he had to go through to get the permission for the apartments and his poor relationship with North Lincs Council I find it hard to believe permission would be forthcoming for a further wedge of apartments or houses.

Nothing wrong with him trying to get the best price he can but as a football club the value must already have dropped since the start of the season given it is now a club in serious danger of being cut adrift in the relegation zone of the National League. The club is already 1,000 down on crowds since the start of the season.

I have no inside information but I believe cash flow is needed to finish the Blackpool hotel so it can start generating revenue. Liquidation followed by planning applications and then a land slade is a very slow way to generate cash.

The club have about a month to take the actions that could allow them to stay in the National League.

If we are heading for NLN then a Phoenix club becomes a cheaper and probably better option.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Does anyone actually know the full story of what happened at Gainsborough when Mr Swann was there?? Did he find a buyer and hold out for an over the market price offer or did he make a loss? Could be an indication of what might happen as there appear to be parallels

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The EGO does not care. He hasn’t since he arrived !

Old saying – “Champagne Ideas but Lemonade money” !!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Not sure what Mr Swann gains by not selling the club.

Don’t forget as it stands he owns the land, if the club go under all that stays his. How much would he then be able to sell it on for ?. I would say a fair amount.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Swanny you said don’t compare you to fenty. Peter you are worse then him.
    You are spineless. Come and face the paying fans. We have a marquee outside the Iron bar. I challenge you to come and face us. Or sell up and f—o–. Before the next game.
    Time as come for a big fans protest.

You are correct Marty, things do not appear to move at the club, so as I stated on this forum during the week, it is really past the time when supporters can just sit back and watch the club sink out of business, like Swann wants it to.
    Why just keep turning up at GP and sit or stand booing when the team either conceeds a goal, or at both half time and full time, thgen take your place at the next nmatch, what did we end up with last season, could not win a match during the last 17 games, and have followed that up with seven losses out of eight games this season, with losses in all the past six games, WHY DOES THE CLUB STILL HAVE OVER 2,000 FOLLOWERS ATTENDING MATCHES, WHAT ARE YOU REALLY EXPECTING, OR DO YOU THINK THAT THINGS WILL CHANGE???.
    Swann was supposed to appear on Radio Humberside today, but it was another of his long line of lies once again.

It is past the time when supporters took some action and boycotted matches and protested outside of the ground, Swann will not see the protest simply because although he is the owner, he does not bother his arse to attend games, but it could well force some action into a completely static situation, show a bit of spine, and do not accept this continual ruination of our club. We have now reached rock bottom of the National League with 3 points from a possible 21 points, when are fans going to show their true feelings, not just to sit there booing like it presently is.

Swann shows his contempt for fans by keeping out of sight and keeping his big mouth shut of information, apart from the odd lie from him.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The attendances will go down Bartonscorpion. We’re seeing that already. I was due to come down for the York game, but unless a lot happens in the next fortnight I doubt very much if I will.

Renee’s Einstein quote the other day was spot on. Insanity – doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome.

Until we’re rid of Swann every day will be Groundhog Day.

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.