Fans forum

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Fans forum

• Author
    RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

I am not calling for Hilton to go…

Didn’t state you were but seems that many are easy to spend others money or want to know where the monies have come from.
    Like I stated it will be turbulent

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I think the reality was we nearly didn’t have a club.

How long are people going to cling on to this, it’s getting tiresome, if we end up playing Winterton in a league game in the future it will probably be trotted out.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Fools sit there watching people doing well in life and just complain and make stories up where their wealth came from.

Listened to one individual before the forum whom the ought he was the font of all knowledge. Just ludicrous the rumours he had.

Who’s making up stories? I have two rules. Firstly, only comment on what information is available in the public domain and secondly, don’t release or comment on information which is not in the public domain. To date, I have not broken the second rule.

Hilton was announced as the club’s new owner at the end of January and less than 6 weeks ago, Hilton was singing Peter Swann’s praises in a podcast with the Iron Army. In the same podcast he acknowledged the ransom strip and said supporters didn’t have anything to worry about in respect to the deal for the stadium and land being completed.

It would appear that in the space of less than 6 weeks, with the deadline approaching, Peter Swann has gone from being an accommodating vendor to now not being on speaking terms with the buyer, according to Hilton.

Make up your own mind.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

All this criticism about the forum. I didn’t hear it last night by those that were there. I heard plenty of applause. Perhaps all those present are naive or didn’t have the courage to speak and be so negative. Maybe we’re all idiots and the intelligent critics didn’t attend.

If it was that much of a success, a wider audience would have proved fitting…

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

a lot doesn’t make sense, if he is willing to pay 20k a month rent he may as well pay Swann up and build the new ground and sell GP off himself

Mick the way I heard that bit is that if Swann agrees to sort out the site issues preventing the sale then Hilton will pay him £20k a month rental for that period.

Of the issues Hilton raised with Swann to be resolved the one regarding the unregistered strip of land is the one that could take some time to complete (I think 2 to 3 months was mentioned).

Hilton clearly stated if Swann resolves the issues that were unknown to Hilton back in January then he will pay the £3.5m

They are probably calling each others bluff so we will probably find out the rights and wrongs of the situation when we know who blinks first.

I haven’t seen anyone else explain what he said like that, which seems quite reasonable. The club should make an announcement instead of a basically private forum resulting in more muddy water.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

hillton thinks he can sub lease the stadium to himself so swann cant lock the gates. we should know this time next week if that is the case shouldn’t we? we are now in the realms of playing dirty. my guess is i was right all along, deal is off as i said months ago and best we can hope for is ground share with gainsboro if they agree. but with swanns old friend pete wallice in charge as of last week they may well tell us to get rodded. next best option? ilkeston? does bottesford new stadium meet the nln regulations?
    the ones bleating about hillton saving the club well let me say thi., he may well have in jan but its not cut and dry that the national league will let us start the season that is the facts of the matter!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Why didn’t Swann register that piece of land when he realised it had been omitted from his original deal with SW?. It could have just been added to the rest of the SUFC portfolio and probably could have attracted more bidders as a result. Too many unanswered questions on both sides TBF, what’s a fan to do, we just what a ground, an owner that cares about football and a team giving 100% every game win lose or draw. Let’s be right guys it’s just a bag of bollocks right now whatever your viewpoint.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘They are probably calling each others bluff so we will probably find out the rights and wrongs of the situation when we know who blinks first.’

Two ‘probably’s’ in the final paragraph that are more reasonably ‘possiblies’. I see only one person trying to call the other one’s bluff. I doubt the full ‘rights and wrongs’ will ever be in the public domain due to NDA’s.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

Fools sit there watching people doing well in life and just complain and make stories up where their wealth came from.

Listened to one individual before the forum whom the ought he was the font of all knowledge. Just ludicrous the rumours he had.

Who’s making up stories? I have two rules. Firstly, only comment on what information is available in the public domain and secondly, don’t release or comment on information which is not in the public domain. To date, I have not broken the second rule.

Hilton was announced as the club’s new owner at the end of January and less than 6 weeks ago, Hilton was singing Peter Swann’s praises in a podcast with the Iron Army. In the same podcast he acknowledged the ransom strip and said supporters didn’t have anything to worry about in respect to the deal for the stadium and land being completed.

It would appear that in the space of less than 6 weeks, with the deadline approaching, Peter Swann has gone from being an accommodating vendor to now not being on speaking terms with the buyer, according to Hilton.

Make up your own mind.

Didn’t state you do make up stories

Many see failure as a success.

Anyway nothing we can do or say as we aren’t in control of what happens at SUFC. Believe what you want.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

hillton thinks he can sub lease the stadium to himself so swann cant lock the gates. we should know this time next week if that is the case shouldn’t we? we are now in the realms of playing dirty. my guess is i was right all along, deal is off as i said months ago and best we can hope for is ground share with gainsboro if they agree. but with swanns old friend pete wallice in charge as of last week they may well tell us to get rodded. next best option? ilkeston? does bottesford new stadium meet the nln regulations?
    the ones bleating about hillton saving the club well let me say thi., he may well have in jan but its not cut and dry that the national league will let us start the season that is the facts of the matter!

I don’t agree or disagree with anything you say.sitting on the fence you may say.

One thing I will say is trinity won’t tell us to get “rodded”and would be open to the proposals but no contact has took place as of yet.
    Told this personally by one of the new owners I’m good friends with.
    They need finances as much as we do after been left in a less than pleasant state by the previous owner despite what people think.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 36

Bare bones, the truth is nobody on here knows 100% what is going to happen to our club in the future.

We were all sky high with Nigel Adkins in charge and our team playing in the second tear of English football. But as the years have gone by things have snowballed, and after yo-yoing between K1 and L2 for a few years, and our once spendthrift chairman literally running our club into the ground. We found ourself out of the league, and destined to drop even further. We were even in trouble with the taxman and subject to a winding up order. The end of Scunthorpe United Football Club was a very real possibility. I for one thought it was the end of the road for us, as a club, as a community, as fans. I don’t know why he sold to Hilton and not Sharp and Elliot. Perhaps Hilton literally has more money. I hope so, because I’m beginning to think he will need to.

IF Swann is letting us have the use of Glanford Park while a new stadium is built, and in Scunthorpe too, then I will be more optimistic, but it’s a big IF.

In the meantime, I’m not interested in the meanderings of a bunch of Twitter gobshites and Iron Bru newcomers. Who for all I know could be cod heads and or members of the Swann family.

Let’s see what happens short term, but never ever give up on OUR football club…

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Curious to know what interestedbystander and a few others think Hilton’s endgame is?

He’s walked into a loss making club on its knees with no tangible assets. Thus far, 1.3m has gone into the club to pay wages and taxes.

Even if he got his hands on the ground. He’d be the best part of £5m down and would have nightmare getting planning through for anything of note.

There doesn’t seem to be much juice left to squeeze ?

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

there must be something in it for hillton as i don’t get why he would pump in over £1 million in 12 weeks to Scunthorpe United ? he isn’t doing it out the goodness of his heart for sufc , he isn’t a fan , and I don’t buy that he is doing it so his kids are proud of him!!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

He said last night his personal spend was up to £1.7m

Why does anyone buy a football club?

Very few these days are fans of the clubs they buy. Swann was a Leicester fan I believe. We found out the hard way he didn’t give a monkeys about the club, the town or the fans.

We had a local consortium but they (correctly?) thought the valuation too high.

Time will tell if Hilton’s motivation is more beneficial to the club than was the case with Swann.

He is going to have to drop us a couple of leagues for starters to get close to his predecessors achievements.

The fact is we as supporters have no influence over what happens next no more than we had any influence under Swann or even Wharton.

Might as well chill and see what happens next. It would be nice to stop losing and waving the white flag as we have done most matchdays for the last 5 years.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

This report reads well enough. Lots of speculation and tension ..which is not surprising. I’ll be glad when we get on to some sort of clear path. For those who feel very nervous about David Hilton …its because you care and fear the worst. For those who are taking a hopeful line …its because you care and hope for the best. Stay United.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Well the club owner through a club statement has had his say, will the ground and landowner now have his I wonder 🤔

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

I was thinking the same .
    It’s more a question of if he can’t resist having his say isn’t it ?

He starts going off on his tangents and you would think it strengthens Hiltons hand and unites the fanbase more .

Because lets face it anything Swann say’s is pinch of salt stuff ‘Keith(Hill) has got a great budget and we will be at the top end of the NL ‘ being a prime example .

Hopefully you get your club back and united as one for a good go at NLN without all of these non football distractions

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

His lawyers might.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.