Fans forum

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Fans forum

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘In the short term, he hopes we remain at Glanford park. This is where it gets confusing and to be honest I can’t explain it well; he is sub letting the ground from himself’

Very confusing. How can a tenant sub-let to himself; a place he doesn’t even own? Makes no sense. Unless there are examples of it happening elsewhere?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

“If an existing tenant lets all or part of their property to someone else, known as a subtenant, then they must have the written permission from the landlord to do so, even if this is implied in the tenancy agreement.”

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Now that makes sense.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

‘In the short term, he hopes we remain at Glanford park. This is where it gets confusing and to be honest I can’t explain it well; he is sub letting the ground from himself’

Very confusing. How can a tenant sub-let to himself; a place he doesn’t even own? Makes no sense. Unless there are examples of it happening elsewhere?

It sounds like some rent to rent scheme (an individual agrees to rent a property for an amount and then re-lets it at a higher price). Obviously he can only do that with the permission of the freeholder.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

So the reality is probably, ‘not a leg to stand on’ I would assume.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

a lot doesn’t make sense, if he is willing to pay 20k a month rent he may as well pay Swann up and build the new ground and sell GP off himself

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And that’s assuming Swann will accept £20k a month. He thinks he’s going to accept £240k over 12 months? Really?

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

He’s assumed the fans will accept it all so why not……

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

a lot doesn’t make sense, if he is willing to pay 20k a month rent he may as well pay Swann up and build the new ground and sell GP off himself

Does he have the money to do both? Is GP actually worth it?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Trouble and conflict has a habit of following people about, and history tends to repeat itself.

For those wanting to ignore history, do so at your peril.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

the reality is whether you like it or not that the gates will almost certainly locked in the very near future and hillton will be begging gainsborough for that ground share

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

Trouble and conflict has a habit of following people about, and history tends to repeat itself.

For those wanting to ignore history, do so at your peril.

Fortune favours the brave.

Not point in sitting in the shed and hoping everything/one is a failure in life.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Fools rush in, where angels fear to tread?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Stop, Look, Listen’, The Ģreen X Code Man. Never got run over!

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

Fools sit there watching people doing well in life and just complain and make stories up where their wealth came from.

Listened to one individual before the forum whom the ought he was the font of all knowledge. Just ludicrous the rumours he had.

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017

All this criticism about the forum. I didn’t hear it last night by those that were there. I heard plenty of applause. Perhaps all those present are naive or didn’t have the courage to speak and be so negative. Maybe we’re all idiots and the intelligent critics didn’t attend.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Mick the way I heard that bit is that if Swann agrees to sort out the site issues preventing the sale then Hilton will pay him £20k a month rental for that period.

Of the issues Hilton raised with Swann to be resolved the one regarding the unregistered strip of land is the one that could take some time to complete (I think 2 to 3 months was mentioned).

Hilton clearly stated if Swann resolves the issues that were unknown to Hilton back in January then he will pay the £3.5m

They are probably calling each others bluff so we will probably find out the rights and wrongs of the situation when we know who blinks first.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

applauding!? unbelievable………….

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

the reality is whether you like it or not that the gates will almost certainly locked in the very near future and hillton will be begging gainsborough for that ground share

Gates locked or not there’s still a club whether we play in Gainsborough or Timbuktu. Not much money to be made from an empty container.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Regardless of who is to blame for the situation, I am amazed at the positivity from some. The reality is we face a risk of being homeless and this new stadium won’t be ready for a while. Two years is wildly optimistic, and that’s assuming it doesn’t get hiccups or falls through like the last new ground plan.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

I think the reality was we nearly didn’t have a club.

If we have to ground share then so be it. Or should we just hand over of fist pay up. Does that sit well with all?

The only positivity atm is we have a club and a fan base anything extra that comes our way is a bonus.

Buckle up because we are in for some turbulence how severe is an unknown.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

applauding!? unbelievable………….

Well, we know that the Swann swiping was applauded-that ‘easy clapping’ Cliff mentioned. What else? A couple of signs up and not getting the deal done, as speculated and rumoured? Good players being signed, can’t argue with that (I trust the player budget stretches to that?), but where they going to be playing home matches? Because I can’t see it being GP.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

If we have to ground share then so be it. Or should we just hand over of fist pay up. Does that sit well with all?

The only positivity atm is we have a club and a fan base anything extra that comes our way is a bonus.

There are a lot of assumptions over what is a reasonable valuation and we are only hearing on side of the story. I am yet to be convinced Hilton can afford a new stadium if he can’t afford GP, and I am not convinced that Swann is in the wrong over any negotiations falling apart.

He came in during January claiming ground and all had been saved, yet we’re supposed to be happy with potentially sharing a ground, while making no money off home games?

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

This all sounds pie in the sky to me. I can’t see Swann agreeing to anything now with Hilton as Hilton said they aren’t speaking. Swann said he wanted the Club, stadium and land all sold as complete and now I would imagine he is very angry as it looks like the payment will not be made by the 24th. If Hilton is playing cat and mouse with our Club he is playing a dangerous game. Why would Swann do as Hilton says as he has always put himself before our Club anyway. Can’t see any if this happening.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

There are a lot of assumptions over what is a reasonable valuation and we are only hearing on side of the story. I am yet to be convinced Hilton can afford a new stadium if he can’t afford GP, and I am not convinced that Swann is in the wrong over any negotiations falling apart.

He came in during January claiming ground and all had been saved, yet we’re supposed to be happy with potentially sharing a ground, while making no money off home games?

Would anyone believe the other side of the story?

We’ve got be happy with the hand we’ve got atm. It’s not our money to criticise who’s doing what with their money.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Ex Scunthorpe stadium manager and friend of Swann ,Pete wallace is currently jointly in charge of looking after Gainsborough.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

We have no reason to believe either side of the story. We shouldn’t blindly trust Hilton because Swann failed and put as at risk.

” It’s not our money to criticise who’s doing what with their money.”

That’s what was said with Swann and look at what happened under him.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It is what it is, but I find it difficult to be happy with the hand we’ve got atm.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

We have no reason to believe either side of the story. We shouldn’t blindly trust Hilton because Swann failed and put as at risk.

” It’s not our money to criticise who’s doing what with their money.”

That’s what was said with Swann and look at what happened under him.

Best get your money out then siderite. Options are slim pickings

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I am not calling for Hilton to go…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.