Fans forum

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Fans forum

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

They maybe have and may well release a statement later or tomorrow.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Pele did he disclose how he’s going to fund it ?.

Also did he say what he’s doing with all 3 sites that he’s acquired ?

Shame I have to ask. Strange information blackout from the forum, it’s as if the person who posts on the official scunny account has been told not to give any updates.

Ground and car park on two we know about.
    Training ground in the 3rd.
    New kit manufacture=kelme

Think they made Real Madrid kits in the 90s

He’s been f**ked around a hell of a lot by Swann over the ground and decided enough is enough of dealing with him

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Ha,so here we go again ,had didn’t stump up the cash for GP so in limbo

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Did Hilton elaborate on what Swann has done to screw him over or is it just he said she said?

fans6464

Yeah Swann didnt buy any 1899 club memberships to fund it

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Pele did he disclose how he’s going to fund it ?.

Also did he say what he’s doing with all 3 sites that he’s acquired ?

Shame I have to ask. Strange information blackout from the forum, it’s as if the person who posts on the official scunny account has been told not to give any updates.

Ground and car park on two we know about.
    Training ground in the 3rd.
    New kit manufacture=kelme

Think they made Real Madrid kits in the 90s

He’s been f**ked around a hell of a lot by Swann over the ground and decided enough is enough of dealing with him

Anything regarding the funding of ground, car park and training facility ?. I’ve seen on twitter the council are on board so maybe they will be paying an amount towards it.

I was thinking more along the lines of York City with their community shared stadium leisure complex, serves the community with more than just football.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

So are we playing our home matches at Glanford Park nex season or not? Will Nr Hilton be building a new ground at the Glebe Road site, along with training pitch and car park? Will they be selling Pucka Pies next season?

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

sufc fans must be most deluded and gullible in the world he is playing you for fools ,

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

The club kitchener have acquired 3 plots of land, the two we know about on glebe and warren RD are for a new ground and accompanying car park and the 3rd site which is currently undisclosed is for the training facility.

We are playing at GP this season and the supposed new ground will take two years to build.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

No but maybe Pukka Pies.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Hilton gave chapter and verse on what Swann has done (and not done) that has caused the issues. He stated the reason for the forum not being streamed or recorded was because he would not then have been able to fully clarify this without possibly giving Swann a lever to use against him.

Of course we will hear a very different story from Swann so it will come down to who you believe or who wins the dispute legally or otherwise.

Given one of the parties record as a bigger liar than Boris or Donald you can probably guess who I am inclined to believe.

Hilton gave a fairly comprehensive response to the rest of the recent hysterical character assassination also.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

sufc fans must be most deluded and gullible in the world he is playing you for fools ,

I am not hooting with joy until anything actually happens and still have questions. However, the promised ground share hasn’t (yet) happened. What happened there?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Hilton gave chapter and verse on what Swann has done (and not done) that has caused the issues. He stated the reason for the forum not being streamed or recorded was because he would not then have been able to fully clarify this without possibly giving Swann a lever to use against him.

Of course we will hear a very different story from Swann so it will come down to who you believe or who wins the dispute legally or otherwise.

Given one of the parties record as a bigger liar than Boris or Donald you can probably guess who I am inclined to believe.

Hilton gave a fairly comprehensive response to the rest of the recent hysterical character assassination also.

So it’s “he said, she said”? I keep seeing comments about how Swann screwed him over but nothing in what was actually done. I can’t possibly base any judgement based on this.

That Crazy New YorkerThat Crazy New Yorker
    Participant
    Registered On: November 1, 2022
    Topics: 0

He doesn’t know one, has no idea who you are and what you did to help get Swann out, obviously. Given you registered on 1 Nov 2022, you’re clearly not a new account. You’ll find LK doesn’t understand this simple fact, as demonstrated by similar responses to other posters who question what Hilton does. A small handful on here don’t take to strangers well (‘it’s a local forum for local people!’) and may abuse and insult you, but many of us will be interested in your take, so welcome Jordan.

Thank you for the very kind words and warm welcome! I’ve been watching along with great interest over the past number of months out of concern for the fans that have been so nice to me — to finally be rid of Swann just to have another disastrous owner would be plain unfair.

I’ve certainly seen reasons to worry, which I largely laid out in my initial post. That said, I’d be thrilled if my suspicions were unfounded, business matters were finally put aside, and see winning football return to a fan base that deserves it more than any other.

Now that I can travel again (was tough with the newborn baby!, I plan to visit and take in a match next season, no matter where the club is playing its home schedule.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Swann has caused the issues but SUFC can still play at GP next season ?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Swann has caused the issues but SUFC can still play at GP next season ?

Wait until you hear the reasons for the blackout.

You couldn’t make this up. Well actually someone is.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

You keep saying you know stuff. So why not elaborate? Please!

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

no they can’t

fans6464

“He stated the reason for the forum not being streamed or recorded was because he would not then have been able to fully clarify this without possibly giving Swann a lever to use against him.” If it’s true there is no lever

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Talk about laugh out loud.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

It was about as candid as a fans forum you are likely to see.

Hilton did a complete character assassination on Swann; it felt abit uncomfortable after the first couple of jokes, however it was an easy clap in the room

The deal for the land has fallen through because of an unregistered piece of land in the car park- a piece of land that miraculously avoided detection when the land passed from Wharton to Swann. The strip of land can be used as a ransom strip against the club and hinders insuring the land. In addition the planning permission has expired on the apartments which will also require significant ground works due to being in a flood zone. There is an also a massive discrepancy in land valuations- Hilton had to agree on the original price to purchase the club and save us from going bust. It was that black and white: buy the club without carrying out due diligence or we were out of business.

Hilton has bought the land at Glebe road to build a new ground. The council are on board with this and I know this to be a fact, they proposed the land to him. The funding will come from multiple sources; the levelling up fund being one such source. No confirmation on design or capacity as it’s too early. The biggest obstacle will be land remediation work; Initial surveys have come back ok. However, no-one knows what was dumped there. Hilton is further ahead with progressing with the new ground than I Initially thought. He he hoping for planning in 3 months with completion set in 24 months.

In the short term, he hopes we remain at Glanford park. This is where it gets confusing and to be honest I can’t explain it well; he is sub letting the ground from himself, to the club for a minimum of 12 months but hoping for 24 months. He expects Swann to sue him personally for this. He is willing to pay Swann £20,000 a month to lease the ground but they are no longer in speaking terms. This will get incredibly messy as we all know Swann will fight this tooth and nail.

Hilton has paid off the tax bill in full and covering the wages since his purchase. Approx £200,000 a month in which less than 50% is spent on players- a truly shocking statistic.

The club is making little to no money on secondary spending, Ie food/drink/hospitality etc. we even lost money from the Oldham game due to policing costs. Whatever you think of the new ground, you surely must accept that GP is no longer fit for purpose in its current state.

Hilton also wants to invest £2million into a training facility, within scunthorpe, it will have 4g pitches/restaurant and possibly player accommodation. The site will be revealed soon and he is working with the council to develop this.

They are going out to win the league next year and are going to over spend “without being reckless” before moving to a sustainable model. This bit made me feel uneasy after our last endeavours but can we afford to spend years in the NLN?

Overall, I left the meeting feeling more optimistic than I have in years. However, we have all been here before haven’t we? I’ll continue to question decisions and remain cautious until we see action rather words. In the meantime he has my backing and I’ll encourage others to get behind the club as we really need to pull together now.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Does sound a lot like like Groundhog Day 2013/2023.

Let’s blame the previous owner. Let’s build a new stadium. Let’s bounce straight back.

Ten years of it! Blimey, you only get seven years bad luck for breaking a mirror!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The Fishy has certainly lit up in the last couple of hours, if you think some on here speculate without having any actual facts, well it’s nowt like over there, some of it is highly amusing to say the least. Worth a visit just for the laughter buzz.

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

I’m starting to worry!

I’m behind Hilton and I want it to work out but the… ‘trouble makers & rumour spreaders’ keep turning up good info… we’ve been told the deal for GP is done for weeks and it now appears that’s right!!
    The 1899 club isn’t worth anything as we are planning to move ground??!! So was this actually the way Hilton had hoped to fund his purchase?? By fans essentially paying for it on his behalf??
    The Fans forum was pencilled in for today and then we had 2 signings a day for the past 3 days in the build up to the meeting… the timing is unbelievable!
    Looks like a deflection technique… if you think that way.

I want Hilton to be the man who saves us and makes everything ok but I’m really worried he’s not.

Why can’t we just have a fully transparent owner with nothing to hide who genuinely wants to sort this out??
    Or is Hilton the man to do it… I’m so confused but massively concerned.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I don’t think you are wrong to, SS24; transparency is key for an owner and I don’t think he has cleared up questions with this scheme and it’s added more about the stadium plan and its feasibility. Plus, there’s now the Swann-Hilton scrap with hearsay from Hilton, and we’re supposed to just believe it based on nothing and assumptions because of Swann’s character? The media blackout on this was ridiculous and I do not buy that excuse. If he’s telling the truth Swann has no leverage, surely?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Club owners get more like politicians everyday, it’s just the way things are these days.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

i think we will be homeless next week

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

You said we were playing at Gainsborough next season season II and that’s not happening. I don’t think we’ll be homeless in a week. Assuming lawyers are taking this to the next level now, I don’t see any reason why it will take only a week to be evicted. Could easily drag on for months and months. They’re not renowned for quick resolutions are they?

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

isn’t it? wait and see
    i haven’t been wrong yet

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Did anyone mention chips?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.