Fans forum

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Fans forum

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Will Pat’s burger van be there offering ST holders and 1899 members discounted supper?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Ask what coaching qualification/s Jimbob holds.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Just a few more hours and hopefully a peacful forum with clarification on all the issues currently being guessed at..

Please new signings are being done early .. that has not been the case in many years…hopefully more to come soon

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

im guessing there will be a few nervous fans today in the build up to tonights gathering , steel toe caps glistening , Dr Martens ox blooded the Fred Perry and union jack braces ironed and ready to go.

This there some way fans not in attendance can listen in ??

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

im guessing there will be a few nervous fans today in the build up to tonights gathering , steel toe caps glistening , Dr Martens ox blooded the Fred Perry and union jack braces ironed and ready to go.

Winner of the most pointless and idiotic post of the year, awarded in May.

Certain it can’t possibly be beaten!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘steel toe caps glistening , Dr Martens ox blooded the Fred Perry and union jack braces ironed and ready to go.’

You seem to have mistaken the fans forum for an EDL rally. Strange post.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Winner of the most pointless and idiotic post of the year, awarded in May.

Certain it can’t possibly be beaten!

Tongue in cheek post .. with a bit of 1980s fashion thrown in ..not meant to be taken seriously

obviously not read as such

No podcast .. no live twitter feed .. why so strange to ask

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014

‘steel toe caps glistening , Dr Martens ox blooded the Fred Perry and union jack braces ironed and ready to go.’

Don’t mention the Edl around Jimmy.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

EDL .. enlighten me

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Probably best to draw a line under that discussion on here chaps.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Probably best to draw a line under that discussion on here chaps.

googled .. indeed founded n defunct well after i departed Blighty…nuff said on that.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘No podcast .. no live twitter feed .. why so strange to ask’

Good point. Hoping the club will answer the questions they have been asked about this today but not holding my breath

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

It might be worthwhile recording the audio on your phone.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I wonder if anyone will be evicted at this Fans Forum, like at the last one. UTWI

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!… Or the Rab C Nesbitt lookalike from Happy Clappers.

Will Pat’s burger van be there offering ST holders and 1899 members discounted supper?

Yes,but don’t mention the price to anyone behind you.

That is so 1980s, making new social media accounts to make threats is the way forward.

Don’t mention the Edl around Jimmy.

Eye, Dogsthorpe and Long Sutton? Can he go and manage one of those three?

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

For anybody interested, there’s space available for the forum tonight, bookable via the club website, I’ve just booked one.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

For anybody interested, there’s space available for the forum tonight, bookable via the club website, I’ve just booked one.

50 and a handful of shares sold in the 1899 club.

Tickets still available to a monumental defining forum on the clubs future at which a maximum of 200 attendees will participate.

Loads of rhetoric on here and elsewhere – yet there isn’t enough interest to ‘sell out’ a free event.

Phoenix club on the allotment, toxic tip, quarry… the future?

Scunthorpe Stonemasons FC, nickname – The Masons, ground – The Quarry.

Doh!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Are you going AA? Live out of town nowadays but would go if I was Scunny area based.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I read on Twitter the club’s unofficial spokesperson is attending.

BurringhamIronBurringhamIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 10
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Is there going to be coverage of this via twitter or the official website ?

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

My fear – The GP purchase has fallen through, everything moves to Ilkeston and we play there until the new ground, that he’s bought the land for already, gets planning permission, funds and finally is built. In other words X number of years later. Maybe.

My hope – The dude is minted beyond all belief and wants to build an awesome legacy for his family in the town of Scunthorpe. He’s buying GP as planned, we stay there until a new stadium and training facility is built when he will then develop GP and get some of his money back.
    In the meantime all the embargo and other rumours are quashed and a squad capable of winning NLN is being assembled ready for a fantastic season, where we actually win for a change.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Humberside finest (probably lincs police at the time) made everyone take their boots off in the pontoon (70s) had to put them in the little cubby holes underneath most came back with a different pair, 3ft invisible barrier between both sets of fans and just used to kick off every 5 mins or so, Fred Perry in the seventies was the cheaper wear along with Brutus I wore them, those with more money wore Slazenger and Ben Sherman, had my Docs stripped back to bare leather and had them coloured they were the bees knees. Imo. Should be an interesting forum tonight hope someone will post what goes can’t make it myself on mee hols though your probably getting better weather at home than we are.

That Crazy New YorkerThat Crazy New Yorker
    Participant
    Registered On: November 1, 2022
    Topics: 0

What I’d love for him to be asked is where the money for all of this is coming from. None of his businesses have shown a profit — on paper, filed with HMRC, at least — and many have even failed to pay debts.

Hilton spent all spring trying to get loans from people he’d ripped off in the past, and when that predictably failed, he could not afford Glanford Park and the adjoining land.

Stadiums around the size of GP cost about £20-30m to build even before the price of resources began to soar. How can he afford something 10x the cost of something he couldn’t afford?

If the answer is subsidies from the town, he has a very poor track record there. (See links below for more on that).

Wages are also becoming absurd. I’ve learned that Chapman is on £1200 a week to now be a backup keeper in the NLN.

People may say that it’s Hilton’s private business and who cares so long as he funds the club, but that’s also what was said about Swann, Ron Martin at Southend, and many more. There’s going to be precious little profit should the club ground share this year, so fans are owed an explanation of how the club can spend all this money and where it comes from. If it’s debt on the club, that’s very perilous.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/developers-want-build-bungalows-site-3763232

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/question-mark-over-future-derelict-3921061

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/developers-want-build-bungalows-site-3763232

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/question-mark-over-future-derelict-3921061

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

…you and Mick Burkett walking down Reginald Road, looking as hard as nails!

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

A lot of us were skinheads at Foxhills back in the early 1980’s. Most into Ska, some into Oi. I liked both and still do.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

Not as scary as the Milwall surgeons!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Might aswell get a few last links in before tonight’s forum eh, got to keep the fear festering.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

What I’d love for him to be asked is where the money for all of this is coming from. None of his businesses have shown a profit — on paper, filed with HMRC, at least — and many have even failed to pay debts.

Hilton spent all spring trying to get loans from people he’d ripped off in the past, and when that predictably failed, he could not afford Glanford Park and the adjoining land.

Stadiums around the size of GP cost about £20-30m to build even before the price of resources began to soar. How can he afford something 10x the cost of something he couldn’t afford?

If the answer is subsidies from the town, he has a very poor track record there. (See links below for more on that).

Wages are also becoming absurd. I’ve learned that Chapman is on £1200 a week to now be a backup keeper in the NLN.

People may say that it’s Hilton’s private business and who cares so long as he funds the club, but that’s also what was said about Swann, Ron Martin at Southend, and many more. There’s going to be precious little profit should the club ground share this year, so fans are owed an explanation of how the club can spend all this money and where it comes from. If it’s debt on the club, that’s very perilous.

Welcome to the Forum J!

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

More like go forth and multiply…

Same shit, another new account.

That Crazy New YorkerThat Crazy New Yorker
    Participant
    Registered On: November 1, 2022
    Topics: 0

I’m not hiding my identity, how many other New York-based Scunthorpe fans with active concern in the finances of ownership do you know?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.