Fans forum

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Fans forum

• Author
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

The tradition is for dodgy chairmen to cut and run so it’s a sound question.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

the forum will be to reveal hillton master plan… place all blame on former owner … announce we are regrettably playing at gainsborough subject to league approval .. training at quibell park. hoping council help with a plot of land for glanny mk2

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Assuming there’ll be no livestream of the fans forum, is anybody going planning to do live tweets of the main points as they happen? Is anyone from BBC Humberside attending? There are many fans regionaly, nationally and internationally who can’t go but have a huge interest.

Some of us knew from the day he drove down the M180 and pulled into Glanford Park in his leased Rolls Royce what was to come.
    Despite the obvious signs some gullible supporters handed over £1899 to a man in order to join a club situated in a stadium that the man doesn’t and never will own.
    Then followed an even larger amount of supporters clenching fistfuls of £20 notes to buy a season ticket for a club who currently have zero assets and are unlikely to be able to fulfill their fixtures in Scunthorpe next season.
    They handed over this cash to the same man who currently owns the name “Scunthorpe United” but nothing else.
    The buzz word on Wednesday evening will be “Embargo”.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

just seen a rumour on twitter we are also under a transfer embargo until the pensions are up to date🤡🤡🤡

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

You put your name down for Security that night?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Bit of a dumb question there Deerey, why would anyone buy a football club “come on”. His explanation and he did give one in the interview at ilkeston is to save the club and make it sustainable and take all the kudos from doing so, I believe he said leave a legacy as well even though it would cost his family in the long run (can’t be arsed to listen to it again please say if I’ve got it wrong) that’s fair enough in my book, all Swanny wanted to do was build a new ground whether it was at Gainsborough or at Scunny but sadly fell well short, so his legacy is one of abject failure.

Ha ha. In fact, ha, ha, ha.

A legacy, what about the project at Ilkeston? In October 2019, Ilkeston released details of a £2M ground revamp and again in February 2022, a £3M redevelopment. A vanity project with the main elements never seeing the light of day.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Fans forum with 200 tickets, there are apparently 50ish paid up members of 1899 and 1000 season ticket holders, so I can’t see many tickets left at the end for anyone else. It should at least be filmed and put on the club website or YouTube.
    Rumours of Hilton not going to buy GP and talk of a transfer embargo, I hope this fans forum puts it all to bed once and for all but I fear it won’t.
    To quote Douglas Adams “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

‘Why are posters like you trotting this crap out??? NOBODY has said anyone has to be eternally grateful or hail Mr Hilton for saving our club. From the posts I have read all the sensible people are saying is lets wait and see.’

Àgain with the insults. There are instances all over social media, including on here, where anyone criticicising or sceptical of Hilton have been met with continual ‘be grateful’ responses, Churchillian at times, rather than a rational discussion. Literally shouted down, by posters, often using the caps lock, and thanked, liked and derided by others. The conspiracy theories have gone too far, but so have those who have shut down sensible discussion. So spare me the similar ‘trotting this crap out’ line, headmaster style rhetoric. Thanks.

Would you be kind enough to point out the insults in my post?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Trotting this crap out’. Clear enough for you?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

“If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”

What worries me is the large aquatic bird of the family Cygnus lurking in the reed-beds!

CMCCMC
    Participant

What happened to Jerry’s latest account?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

?

CMCCMC
    Participant

?

Posted on this thread yesterday saying people wanted the club to die, looks like it’s gone.

Participant

I hope some of your prominent supporters have met to agree a coordinated approach to asking questions of Hilton. No subjects should be off limits.

A good starting point should be his history, reasons for his name changes (he’s only acknowledged the White/Hilton change), lack of any proven track record and financial success in business, his personal wealth, reason why his company accounts are overdue, the legal dispute with Stoneygate 2007. These subjects are pertinent in understanding how he operates and what you can expect. For those saying you are not bothered about this, you are simply sticking your heads in the sand.

The second subject should be the terms of sale which he agreed with Peter Swann and the funding of the same. I expect the transfer of the club’s shares was done at £0 on the understanding that Hilton would agree to take on the existing liabilities. Obviously the purchase of the ground, training ground, surrounding land and naming rights is a whole different ball game – given that Hilton said he would not be financing the club with loans, where was the money coming from to purchase the freehold?

Questions about football and a whole host of other peripheral subjects are really immaterial at this stage.

Given the number of years Hilton has been involved at Ilkeston there appears to be a lack of interviews both on and off camera and the fact he’s doing a fans’ forum at your place suggests to me that he needs you more than you need him.

Stick to the facts, keep it polite but don’t let the night and agenda be dictated to you.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

No interest whatsoever in 98% of that stuff provided he gives satisfactory (and believable) answers to the 2 questions that matter:

How are you going to return us to the EFL?

What is happening with the ground/site?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Don’t think he’s made any promises on returning us to the Efl and so be it don’t want anyone to over commit. As for the ground he said he’s sticking by the 1899 offer and doesn’t seem bothered how long it takes to sell them.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Scunthorpe United is a football club , its a fans forum so questions should be about the club the plans moving forward and its future ..i dont give a rats arse what Hilton has done in the past and what good will it do fans delving into his past i want the deal to go through and the club to survive and prosper for the benefit of the town and all involved including staff and supporters.

Im not privvy to any inside info just hope the very negative things we are hearing be it truth gossip rumour or fact dont happen as the thought of ground sharing , going bust would be a disaster for so many.

Not long to wait to find out more info via the forum ..then on to the 24th May deadline

UTI

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If the money from the sale to 1899 people isn’t for him then I guess he wouldn’t be bothered. If it’s somebody else’s cash they might be.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

” Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive “, after the forum and the 24th I’m sure we will be closer to knowing.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Not looking for guarantees of EFL football Awaywego. Nothing can be guaranteed and we have had 10 years of bullshit promises.

I do hope though that the club have a plan to have a go though. Happy with one step at a time so a plan on try and win NLN will do for starters.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Scunthorpe United is a football club , its a fans forum so questions should be about the club the plans moving forward and its future ..i dont give a rats arse what Hilton has done in the past and what good will it do fans delving into his past i want the deal to go through and the club to survive and prosper for the benefit of the town and all involved including staff and supporters.

Im not privvy to any inside info just hope the very negative things we are hearing be it truth gossip rumour or fact dont happen as the thought of ground sharing , going bust would be a disaster for so many.

Not long to wait to find out more info via the forum ..then on to the 24th May deadline

UTI

I know you will be in good company. The majority of people come away from events like this feeling great because they have had hot air blown up their bottoms from start to finish . Whether or not what is said withstands scrutiny is another matter entirely.

The logic of not caring about Hilton is flawed and I doubt you would apply the same logic to other things that you hold dear to your heart. If you care for your club you should have an interest in who owns it.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

‘Trotting this crap out’. Clear enough for you?

About as clear as mud.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

just seen a rumour on twitter we are also under a transfer embargo until the pensions are up to date🤡🤡🤡

Whoops

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked

i never said there was an embargo

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

i never said there was an embargo

TBF you didn’t, your post was like the majority of your other ones, pure rumour.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

It is, but I do wonder what those who dismiss the ground share as rumour will do if it happens. Hopefully not pivoting to just assumptions it’s all Swann’s fault and no assessment of Hilton.

That said, ironinsider is staking a lot on this. If untrue it would be hard to regain credibility over Hilton claims. If true, it might be worth paying him more attention for those keen to dismiss.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Two edged sword TBF Sidey, time will tell.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It is, but I do wonder what those who dismiss the ground share as rumour will do if it happens. Hopefully not pivoting to just assumptions it’s <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>all Swann’s fault and no assessment of Hilton.

That said, ironinsider is staking a lot on this. If untrue it would be hard to regain credibility over Hilton claims. If true, it might be worth paying him more attention for those keen to dismiss.

It’s easy to blame someone else when they’ve gone. In general, of course.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

An employer that feathers his own instead of his employees.

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

I wonder if anyone will be evicted at this Fans Forum, like at the last one. UTWI

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.