FANS DIRECTOR

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace FANS DIRECTOR

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

have sent him 2 messages and they asked serious questions and he has not replied to either !
    I m afraid he is becoming part of the problem.

Watch it lion, you’ll have deerey on your back asking you apologise to Neil for doubting him.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I only suggested you and others might want to apologise to him for abuse and insults, not for doubting him.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I never abused him. I never even swore as far as I remember. I’ll double check but don’t think I did. I just questioned why he wasn’t doing what he was supposed to be doing.

A tad harsh maybe but not really abusive. There some on twitter who overstepped the mark though, some of it was a bit much.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

You’re right, you didn’t abuse him so apologies for accusing you of that. I would say harsh, abrasive and insulting though. ‘Swann puppet’; ‘foot in the door of the Swann dynasty’ etc. Yes, he made an ill timed insensitive comment that some fans jumped on (though that comment was ambiguous), but maybe he’s actually spoke to the Board today, in a fashion that supporters expect of him? He deserves some apologies and a bit more respect I reckon.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I think it was more about what he didn’t say than what he actually did say. I and many other people just felt like he was keeping us fans at arms length and was following the club spin and people obviously didn’t react well to it.

Anyway, all that’s done with now. If he keeps a dialogue open to fans, requests board meetings and relays information to the masses then fair play to him.

That’s all anybody could and should expect.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It would be helpful and circumvent future misunderstanding if he increased dialogue with supporters and provided regular updates / bulletins about what he’s doing in his role.

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

When/how did we vote?
    How many candidates were there?
    What were their policies?

I remember none of the above.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

it’s a badly thought out tweet and clearly shows somebody who’s been put under a lot of pressure over thing that are not in his remit. Why is it that people think he has to go to the board after every game and slag them off and the team to prove he’s one of “US” He cannot do that ,he cannot do it publicly either ,if he was to do that he’d have to resign,he cannot really do that as he was elected into the post and that would be a big issue If he resigned would that hard earned position be taken away by the board?
    He’s there to convey things to the board on the fans behalf not stamp his feet on our behalf.The idea that he can go in screaming sack the manger after every bad result or force Swann to resign is laughable.
    They know most fansd want Swann out, they know a lot of fans want Hill out. Expecting him to make a statement every few days is ridiculous, he certainly should have worded that tweet better but I think it may have read ” at present there’s no new information ,as soon as some is made available I will pass it on”? Wrighty is OK,he’s fan we’ve had a beer with and a good lad. He is just finding out that you cannot be on a board and the guy who shouts the odds in forums, most of us would struggle
    Abusing him online won’t help anyone

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I never abused him. I never even swore as far as I remember. I’ll double check but don’t think I did. I just questioned why he wasn’t doing what he was supposed to be doing.

A tad harsh maybe but not really abusive. There some on twitter who overstepped the mark though, some of it was a bit much.

you mean” why he isn’t doing what you think he should be doing”

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I wouldn’t expect him to make a statement every few days but a brief update every few weeks or monthly would help him IMO. If there’s nothing substantial to say and pass on, make it light hearted. Most issues between groups of people in life are due to miscommunication or misunderstandings. I think he would benefit from increased dialogue. Still fairly new to the role too, at a time when people are banging amd blaming anyone and everything for such a dire situation. Feel for all those now taking the brunt for the invisible man.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

I still find it odd that he has chosen to protect his tweets; fair enough if he has a personal account but as the fans’ representative it would seem reasonable to have an open account (completely separate from his personal one) to communicate with fans in relation to his role on the board.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Maybe it was wise – he can now block the abusers and general pains in the proverbial? Not difficult to see who they are.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Maybe it was wise – he can now block the abusers and general pains in the proverbial? Not difficult to see who they are.

I understand that but I think it has to be acknowledged that it is a role which comes with both rough & smooth.

Like I say, it’s entirely understandable if he wants to keep his personal account more private, I just think it would be better if there was a fully public account for his position.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

” How did we vote?” Alcy do you really think you deserve a vote lol, since when have turkey’s had a vote for Xmas come on, take it you don’t belong to any of the associations which put Neil up otherwise you’d be asking them, I don’t belong any so wouldn’t be so presumptuous to expect a vote if that’s the way there committee’s did it.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’d also add in relation to the abuse Neil’s received on social media, despite what anyone thinks about Hill, he doesn’t deserve the kind of abuse he’s had either. There’s a fair amount of hypocrisy going on from what I’ve seen. Hill failed miserably but a lot of the abuse he’s received is out of order IMO.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I’d also add in relation to the abuse Neil’s received on social media, despite what anyone thinks about Hill, he doesn’t deserve the kind of abuse he’s had either. There’s a fair amount of hypocrisy going on from what I’ve seen. Hill failed miserably but a lot of the abuse he’s received is out of order IMO.

That should go without saying in general life.

Mind, something about Hill & his attitude in the press really pressed my buttons. Not that I’ve resorted to the sort of things that you describe and not that it’s an excuse, but I’m not sorry to see the back of him even though I don’t think there’ll necessarily be much of an upturn in results.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Mind, something about Hill & his attitude in the press really pressed my buttons.’

I’d wager Neil’s abusers might say that about him and would use it as an excuse Ferrite.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Hill was a disaster he was going to come in have a fitter squad and get us out of the mire.

Senior players would not train so he then threw in youngsters who were clearly not good enough or ready. We regularly failed to win, draw or even have a shot on or off target. This ensured our relegation from the Football League.

He then brought in his own players, we won one game which turned against us when Yeovil brought their number 15 on. The same frailties as last season became apparent once again left back and left half. He also started pumping the ball long.

He then brought in two loanees Apter looked okay, the other midfielder was extremely poor, as was Wallace. These inexperienced players replaced seasoned professionals who Hill brought in.

Against Halifax we were slow, not up for it, failed to have more than one shot in the first half and managed not much more in the second, though the team looked better with the substitutions.

Nothing had changed from last season despite Hill bringing in his own players. Relegation again was and still is a real possibility. All the good work off the field was being undone.

Then two radio interviews sealed it for me, McMahon blaming the players after Bromley and the other on Monday by Hill which was pure arrogance.

Ernest Pawn has called this right.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Relegation again was and still is a real possibility. All the good work off the field was being undone.

Current relegation odds are 5/4 for us: that’s not far from becoming a probability rather than just a possibility.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Ernest Pawn has called this right.’

Or Neil and Lee called it and he concurred? It would be interesting to know how it played out

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.