Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

You seen his twitter post….

Neil Wright 💙

@romfordiron

·
    2h
    To all you disgruntled fans out there I’ll say something when there is something to say. At the moment I have nothing to say.

Swann has got him on such a tight leash, he can’t even find it within himself to critique the shite performances.

I suspect he’s another Swann puppet. As I said above he appears to be on such a tight leash it’s embarrassing, he’s less critical now than when he was simple fan like the rest of us.

“To all you disgruntled fans out there”

Is he not disgruntled himself then ?. Appears to be another Swann robot.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

What do you want him to do? Wave a magic wand and make everything okay? He’s on the Board as a fans director / rep, he’s not running the show. Talk about misplaced criticism.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

I don’t know a single person who voted for anyone. My honest opinion is, with SUFC IN its current regime, its a completely pointless role anyway, and whoever is willing to do it at this moment in time is only in it for themselves as anyone wanting to make a real change would know its impossible while Swann is in charge.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Lot of overblown egos on this site, wind your bloody necks in and grow up some of you.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

Neil Wright 💙

@romfordiron

·
    2h
    To all you disgruntled fans out there I’ll say something when there is something to say. At the moment I have nothing to say.

Swann has got him on such a tight leash, he can’t even find it within himself to critique the shite performances.

I suspect he’s another Swann puppet. As I said above he appears to be on such a tight leash it’s embarrassing, he’s less critical now than when he was simple fan like the rest of us.

“To all you disgruntled fans out there”

Is he not disgruntled himself then ?. Appears to be another Swann robot.

Pretty strong stuff coming from someone who was pretending to be “itk” only a few weeks ago when ypu were quoting him.

You really are a prat.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Neil Wright 💙

@romfordiron

·
    2h

He’s used that one before?

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017

Wondergoals does have a point though, he was proper vocal (on the podcasts) before he became a director.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

You get on twitter and see what everybody else are saying, believe me when I say it’s a hell of a lot stronger than my contribution on this forum.

Yes I had been talking to Mr Wright and while at first I thought he actually knew what was going on, to then realise soon after he was about as clueless as the rest of us.

All other fans on twitter must be even bigger prats then. You want to be reading some of the stuff on there.

Are all us “prats” just passionate and are you just a little simp with no balls ?

I don’t know why but I picture you been a passionless, feeble little.

Go put your big boy pants on and go on twitter and call those prats and see what you get back. You really are a little lily livered twonk.

Random, that’s exactly my point. How can you see somebody as a fan representative who can’t even find the balls to even question the performances ?. He always used to have plenty to say for himself before and the heat is on and people want feedback…feedback of any kind he’s clammed up.

Call me a cynic but it appears he’s got his foot through the Swann dynasty door now and daren’t say a word now.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The fan led review on football governance chapter7 “Improving fan engagement” explains the role of the fan director. Read then come back and explain why you think he can tell us more than he does, The fan led review encourages clubs to have fan director’s we have one but all we have is divs questioning him and his role,take your years out your arses and give the lad a break.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Wasn’t his finest post after such a poor defeat, but some of the abuse he is getting on Twitter is ridiculous.

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

If Swann wants to sell who is going to buy the club at its lowest point.I have said for a long while Swann only interest is to see the club to liquidate

Samways1samways1
    Participant
    Registered On: August 9, 2015
    Topics: 13

It is a strange post though, we’re bottom of the National League and our fans representative has nothing to say?

At the very least he should be acknowledging the fans who do have things to say and asking for their opinions.

If he has nothing to say now, when will he? At the point where there is no coming back? I hope he doesn’t look back and regret doing nothing.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

No denying it’s an ill thought out post that invites irrate responses. Some are just abusive though.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I feel for Neil as I believe he took the role in good faith, hoping that he could play an integral part in the rebuild of the club. The recent weeks have shown however that the role is nothing more than a token gesture to get the fans back on side.

If I were in Neil’s shoes, I would be demanding that the board provide the fans with an update on the alleged club sale, as well as a clear plan on what they plan to do to address the disastrous start to our National League campaign. If the board refused to do so, it would show that the role is as toothless as a 98-year-old granny from Grimsby, and I would resign.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Maybe that’s why he’s not saying anything yet. Might want to discuss with the board first?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

So if we’ve all read the chapter on “fans director” what do you all think he can tell us about any buyers or interested parties? Err nothing. Has anybody got anything on Neil that says he won’t be promoting our interests or concerns at board level, doubt it very much, if the trust and other supporters clubs who put him there aren’t happy I’m sure they’ll do something about it, I will trust them.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t tar us all with the same brush awaywego. There are what, less than a handful of posters on here critical of him and 20-30 on Twitter.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Call me a cynic but it appears he’s got his foot through the Swann dynasty door now and daren’t say a word now.’

So, Neil’s requested to speak to the Board today and apologised for his ill timed tweet yesterday. Are you gonna have the balls to apologise directly to him for your insulting posts WG? No need to turn on him just because he gave you responses that you misinterpreted and ran away with.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

The message from him yesterday was ridiculous. Neil is supposed to be the fan representative and fellow fans want guidance in times like these. Clearly he’s not willing to have an opinion on anything and telling people he hasn’t got anything to say so what’s the point in him being in that position ?

That was so ill thought out yesterday. Tensions were already running high as it was.

I’m glad he’s requested a board meeting and apologised for that stupid tweet as our fan representative but it shouldn’t take criticism to make him realise he wasn’t doing what he was there to do.

All it goes to show is that he should have been doing more to start with.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I hope Neil now get’s somebody from the club to take responsibility and actually tell us all what’s going on.

It’s the uncertainty which is making everything worse. All we want to know is if the takeover is still on and what the plans are moving forward. All we’ve been left with are no answers and a huge grey area because nobody at the club thinks we’re worth talking to.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’ll take that as a ‘no’ to the apology to Neil then. Lol, ‘Big boy pants’ indeed!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

As it stands someone has told us what’s going on, a bid was excepted and until some other statement comes out that’s where we are unfortunately.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Neil going the same way as Simon Elliot? On the board to help the Club and the fans only to find out they’re not allowed to do or say anything?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Guess we’ll find out

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Problem is, any successor would face the same problems so it would better he stayed IMO

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

I have sent him 2 messages and they asked serious questions and he has not replied to either !
    I m afraid he is becoming part of the problem.
    He is there to represent all the fans and I appreciate he cannot disclose sensitive information and I would not expect him to.
    But I think he should go on record to say how the vast majority of fans feel about the things going on at our Club.
    Apart from being a Director surely he has also has to be accountable to the various fans groups who put him there !
    Does he report back to them ? If so surely they should relay this to their members or if he does not then why does nt he as he is there as a Fans Representative and not Neil Wright !
    It seems to me that he needs to be more proactive and not a messenger for the Club.
    I thought that it was great that we got a Fans Director and thought that Neil was a good fit for the position but I m sorry to say that in my opinion he has become part of the problem.
    Before he was a Director he was very vocal about the Club and now nothing and his PR leaves a lot to be desired.
    I also think we hear nothing from the various supporters clubs who put Neil in this position.
    Surely they should be saying something or advising him.
    Are they happy with how he’s handling the job ?
    There is obviously something wrong due to the amount of criticism he is getting from all quarters !
    Surely this is not how the Fans Director role was supposed to go.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

I think it’s exactly as the Board deemed it would go.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The fan led review which lots still haven’t read, states that opinions on FED’s are mixed amongst supporters groups which gave evidence, also states a FED will also have fiduciary, responsibilities and confidentiality clauses which mean a FD rarely delivers on fan expectations, imo that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have one now we have,always going to be a thankless role, any other suggestions for the role, Staffy, Jerry, SST, or one of our mods or WG maybe?.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Same T&Cs will apply whoever fills the role.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Was there a hint from Neil with the Rochdale blue heart?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.