FANS DIRECTOR

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace FANS DIRECTOR

• Author
    ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

We have fought for years to get representation on the Board.
    It’s not just about being there.
    Sometimes in a position like this you have to stand up and be counted.
    I think that time has come.
    He is there representing all the Iron Fans and it’s about time he came out publicly and said a few things about what is happening to our Club both on and off the pitch.
    If he does not it could appear that he is condoning what is happening and has become part of the problem.
    It is also noticeable in the past couple of weeks that Lee Turnbull has also gone very quiet !
    I appreciate that he cannot disclose sensitive matters discussed at Board Meetings but there a lot of other things he could say.h

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Probably as shocked as us IL82

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I do not put any faith or trust in anyone at our Club at present. Words are cheap which we have heard many of and which non have turned out to be true. It is actions and direct information which we supporters need and deserve. Many fans have purchased season tickets, car parking and paying via the turnstiles to support our team, what have we received in return over the last season and this present season, just lies and fed tiny bits of information to keep us on board. We the supporters deserve more respect but we won’t get any from the present regime.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Turnbull releases a statement almost every week and Neil openly makes himself available for supporters to engage with at home games.

Picking on the wrong fellas I’m afraid.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Can’t understand why you don’t have any faith or trust in yourself NLI, the one person I trust and have faith in is myself, like you say words are cheap, vote with your feet I am till results improve or Barnet away whichever comes first.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

This is the problem with people commenting directly after another defeat, it’s hard to be objective because the red mist is down and everyone gets blamed. There is but one person to blame and it’s the same person who has been responsible for several seasons now. This club must be sold and the owner gone before any substantial change will occur, the vast majority of fans have enough oil in their cans to know this.

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Mr Turnbull has done a good job for his boss Mr Swann and that was to sell as many Season Tickets as the Club could to reduce the amount Mr Swann has to put into the Club.
    As for Neil Wright he is there representing the Fans and even if he does not agree with all the worries etc it his job to put these worries forward and respond with any replies he gets.
    We have lost to a part time team , 10 man team for over an hour and a team who were 3 0 down.
    The other loss we were just absolutely awful and I had the misfortune to be there !
    But all we hear from the Club is silence !

3 users thanked author for this post.
    KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

So what are you saying Iron=awe. Are you suggesting Fans should just accept the football on show until Swan is gone and the club sold. We all know that we are not world beaters but every game we play I expect the players we have to be organised which they are clearly not. Even with the behind the scenes disaster I still want us to compete in every game. Oh ! and maybe win once in a while. As for Keith Hill the fans do not want him. I think you may be of the opinion, they do. Either way. If he had anything about him, he would walk

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Don’t put words in my mouth Awaywego. I said “I do not put any faith or trust in anyone at our Club at present”. I have both in myself to know when we supporters are not being told the truth and just fed bits of information when it suits. People are judged by actions and not just words, particularly in the case of our EX chairman.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Mr Swann as said he’s not putting any money into the club, is that to hard to understand or is he lying? Neil is up front when you ask him a question and if can answer he does, he’ll tell you whether it’s confidential, and that shows integrity to the role I don’t want no more no less from him.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

ironlion, Neil Wright is there as part of the board as nothing more than a token gesture. Neil has little no power at all within it. I pressed him again the other day and his response was

“I’m afraid he’s his own man, when there is something to report it will be reported by the Club”

Neil also told me two weeks ago there was due to be a meeting which never came to fruition and told me it would be mentioned in this months board meeting and again nothing.

The response above was sent to me after mentioned this months board meeting. I did think he was well informed but the more I’ve spoken to him I’m of the impression he’s kept at arms length, he is what he is, a normal fan who probably get’s to go to unimportant board meetings.

You really think Swann is going to tell him anything ?

Ironlion, if Neil came out and said anything even slightly out of line regarding the club he will be out on his ear. In my opinion he’s not been put on there as a true voice for the fans. As mentioned above he’s nothing more than a token gesture, it was part of the club’s clap trap in this brave new start bullshit, he was put there because it looked and sounded good.

Sorry but it’s true. If your expecting him to come out and be the voice for all fans and start opening his mouth, he’ll be dropped quicker than workaholic prostitutes panties.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I emailed him with a question, the answer to which would have been a matter of fact. He ignored this and said that I would have to wait for the manager to reveal the details to answer a question that I hadn’t asked.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

So what are you saying Iron=awe. Are you suggesting Fans should just accept the football on show until Swan is gone and the club sold. We all know that we are not world beaters but every game we play I expect the players we have to be organised which they are clearly not. Even with the behind the scenes disaster I still want us to compete in every game. Oh ! and maybe win once in a while. As for Keith Hill the fans do not want him. I think you may be of the opinion, they do. Either way. If he had anything about him, he would walk

Not at all you are entitled to your opinion, I am simply pointing out the lack of objectivity straight after another defeat. You can criticize Hill, Turnbull, the players, the system, the tactics ad nauseam that is your right. I’m simply pointing out then when you have cooled off about today’s game or any other game we lose you will reflect on the real reason we are where we are because of one man and he isn’t the current manager. We have seen enough managers tried, different players tried, different media spin tried to explain the last four seasons of failure and it revolves around one person alone. We are in a position where you could bring in anybody manager wise to change things and it would ultimately fail because of somebody else and the position he has put our club in. The only chance we have this season to survive without the club being sold is to make up the squad with another four players ( possibly three now after our latest loanee arrival ) with some experience to give us a sniff of staying in this League and it won’t matter if Keith Hill is manager or Elton John because we will have a chance and a half decent coach like McMahon could probably keep us up with whoever manager you name as figurehead. Write what you want but expect a response if others disagree, that won’t change.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I emailed him with a question, the answer to which would have been a matter of fact. He ignored this and said that I would have to wait for the manager to reveal the details to answer a question that I hadn’t asked.

I can’t say I’m surprised. As said above, he was put in that position because it looked and sounded good. Token gesture. A true fan representative would have the power to question Swann and ask difficult questions but Swann would never allow him the leeway to do that.

Mr Wright will be on an awfully tight leash.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Pawn did not want a fan on the board he would have to have one as part of the fan led review now or later.

Whoever is in the position of Fan director is in a no win situation. That person cannot divulge confidential information the same as none of us can reveal the things we see or hear within the companies we work for, and it’s worse for those in managerial roles.

At the moment Ernest is not interested in anything except off loading the club,so he won’t be listening only talking to update fellow board members on what is really happening behind the scenes. We can all speculate but those in the know are bound by confidentiality and rightfully so.

If any Fan director of any club breaks trust they would lose the respect of those giving the information and many of those recieving that information.

The Fan director when the opportunity arises will be telling Ernest how it is in a tactful way. Ernest is a small man, who likes to bully people especially those with lesser means, that’s virtually all of us. He does not like to be challenged either and as a result he behaves in a manner which makes one question the level of his intelligence and therefore he needs handling carefully. Look at how he has treated Bax Mell and the local rag.

Trying to goad publicly a Fan director won’t make them reveal things either, if they did we would not respect or trust them and neither would any board or chairman of any club.

The role under the current tenure, with all the constraints and the many negatives on and off the field is pure poison and would be for any Fan. Luckily our one has thick skin and broad shoulders, his time will come when and if the club is ever freed from the tyranny that is Ernest Pawn.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The EGO owns the club. The EGO runs the club. The EGO doesn’t care what anyone says or how embarrassed they may be when making any comments.

The only time I will believe is when the owners name changes at Companies House !

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

And I’ll believe that’s ever going to happen when I see it myself.
    I still say the whole takeover saga is smoke and mirrors.
    We’re all looking at it and waiting for something to happen while the club continues it’s downward spiral.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Whoever is in the position of Fan director is in a no win situation. That person cannot divulge confidential information the same as none of us can reveal the things we see or hear within the companies we work for, and it’s worse for those in managerial roles.
    If any Fan director of any club breaks trust they would lose the respect of those giving the information and many of those recieving that information.
    [/

I understand and accept all of this. A reply of ” I’m sorry I can’t tell you that” would have been acceptable but not flannel, sorry.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Who is goading Neil Wright ?. All I did was ask him questions and began to realise he was just about as clueless as all of us. Speculating he’s on an awfully tight leash and that Swannster would drop him if he said anything even a slight bit controversial isn’t goading him, it’s merely an opinion/observation.

I personally like Neil, he’s always come across as polite but when it comes to actually being a true fan representative and having the leeway to question Swann on behalf of all fans, I can’t for the life of me see it.

Swann simply wouldn’t allow it.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

If I were the fan director I would release a weekly/fortnightly statement (similar to LT). There may be no power in his role and no dialogue but some crafted wordsmithing written in the right way can shine a light on many things right and wrong with the club. This isn’t a criticsm of NW because he has an almost impossible job and I bet he is just as frustrated if not more so than many of us seeing the debacle unfolding before him. It is a way to relieve pressure (which is why people post straight after the match Iron-awe – it is a form of therapy).

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

ironlion, Neil Wright is there as part of the board as nothing more than a token gesture. Neil has little no power at all within it. I pressed him again the other day and his response was

“I’m afraid he’s his own man, when there is something to report it will be reported by the Club”

Neil also told me two weeks ago there was due to be a meeting which never came to fruition and told me it would be mentioned in this months board meeting and again nothing.

The response above was sent to me after mentioned this months board meeting. I did think he was well informed but the more I’ve spoken to him I’m of the impression he’s kept at arms length, he is what he is, a normal fan who probably get’s to go to unimportant board meetings.

You really think Swann is going to tell him anything ?

Ironlion, if Neil came out and said anything even slightly out of line regarding the club he will be out on his ear. In my opinion he’s not been put on there as a true voice for the fans. As mentioned above he’s nothing more than a token gesture, it was part of the club’s clap trap in this brave new start bullshit, he was put there because it looked and sounded good.

Sorry but it’s true. If your expecting him to come out and be the voice for all fans and start opening his mouth, he’ll be dropped quicker than workaholic prostitutes panties.

The SULSESC crowd have acted like they infulence what SUFC do for as long as i can remember, then when Swann took his my way or the highway approach they went off in a strop. Now they have their man on the board(Unelected)they’re being held to account and… nothing. Just a few short statements.

Was the Club Blazer really worth it?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

He was elected by the fans CMC

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The role of the director is to represent and promote the opinions of the fans, if enough of us get in touch and express our disapproval at Hill still being at the helm he will have to act, sent my email in already.

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

The role of the director is to represent and promote the opinions of the fans, if enough of us get in touch and express our disapproval at Hill still being at the helm he will have to act, sent my email in already.

Getting quite a bit of stick on twitter this evening.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

Seems to enjoy his role, liaising with the directors of other clubs and standing in the executive area stairwell all match. The feeling of importance must feel great!!

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

How can you have a fans rep from south London at a northern club?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

How long before Neil resigns the position.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

He can promote the views of fans in three words.

The last one being “Swann”!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What the don’t you understand that our different supporters group elected him, how many times do you need telling?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Have you asked him how he feels fulfilling his role? Or course you haven’t no you just made a snide comment to which he can’t really reply, low blow when you know f all, especially when plenty do know him and voted for him.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.