Escaping Relegation

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Escaping Relegation

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Will a Covid19 resurgence mean we escape relegation?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11586249/Passengers-China-set-need-negative-Covid-test-entering-UK-amid-surging-cases.html

I wonder if Putin has any interest in invading & annexing Scunthorpe?

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

The word ‘daily mail’ in your link removes any likelihood of any semblance of truth.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

No chance of Covid restrictions coming back in the UK, too expensive.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Mr Sunak imposed testing on Chinese arrivals yesterday.

It’s estimated that a million people a day are currently being infected each day in China with 10,000 deaths per day.

A flight in to Italy two days ago found over 50% of passengers were infected.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/12/30/covid-travellers-china-negative-test-uk-rishi-sunak/

Please transfer this thread to the non football section.

Always IronAlways Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: March 26, 2014
    Topics: 4

The odds must be very good I would suspect to stay up now from our perilous position. I’m not a betting man so I wouldn’t know unlike others who may fancy a dabble ! Anyone got any stats on teams that has achieved the turnaround from bottom to stay up at this stage of the season.
    There must be some teams that have done it ! UTI

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

50 points keeps you up.
    We’ve 16 points after 25 games.
    3 wins in 25 games.

So, we need 34 points from the next 21 games.
    Say TEN wins & 4 draws.

So, we have to move from winning ONE game in EIGHT – to winning EVERY OTHER game!

I know that doesn’t answer your question – but I hope it puts our position in to perspective?

If we continue accruing points at the current rate, we are heading for 29 / 30 points.

The teams currently in 17th, 18th & 19th positions in the league only need ONE, THREE & FOUR points to hit the 30 point mark.

That leaves just 20th placed GATESHEAD on 21 points to “chase”.

They themselves only need NINE points to hit the 30 point mark.

We won’t improve our PPG rate – so ultimately relegation will arrive sooner than later.

At odds of 1/12 ON – the bookies reflect our ‘chances’ of survival.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Put it this way.

21 games left. Win 7, draw 7, lose 7.

That will only give us 44pts. Probably too little, too late.

And let’s not forget we’ve only won 7 games in the last season and a half.

Ain’t gonna happen!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

We are utter crap and going down, you cannot polish a turd though many on bru try.

Our club is rotten to the core thanks to one egotistical non accountable #### in charge.

The players are to a man not good enough, the non takeover will not make better either nor would it make Nelson a manager.

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

I thought we were all agreed that relegation is the least of our worries?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Always IronAlways Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: March 26, 2014
    Topics: 4

Definitely agree BobbyG and as most fans now would probably accept NL North football, I clearly feel that the storm clouds are looming over Glumford and it will be a whole lot worse than just relegation further into the abyss.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

NLN would not be possible if we were in Administration as it usually means you are insolvent and they will not allow any club in their league if they are.

So after that if no sale can or won’t be agreed then after that I think the only option would be Liquidation, although perhaps someone may actually know precisely the course of action.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I thought we were all agreed that relegation is the least of our worries?

[/quot

Defo

Definitely agree BobbyG and as most fans now would probably accept NL North football, I clearly feel that the storm clouds are looming over Glumford and it will be a whole lot worse than just relegation further into the abyss.

Cant see any fairy tale ending here re avoiding relegation … as well as on ..off the pitch is where we are screwed now …. avoiding admin or liquidation is the only aim

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Relegation is the best outcome we can hope for, the other outcome doesn’t bear thinking about but I do fear the worst.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

NLN would not be possible if we were in Administration as it usually means you are insolvent and they will not allow any club in their league if they are.

Going by the local example – Boston – You have to get your act together before the season starts or you (Could) get thrown out.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It’s as usual down to the owner, him moving on and agreeing a settlement for the club would be the best solution. There is enough goodwill locally from the proposed new investors and businesses in the town who appear to want to get involved to reignite the recovery of Scunthorpe United. Just keep everything crossed guys but I agree at the moment things look very grim indeed. 😞

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.