Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

• This topic has 132 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by RichgyRichgy.
  • Author
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I don’t mind Hilton throwing money at players to get out of NLN immediately, as long as it’s affordable (at present whilst effectively squatting and decent crowds I would hope it is). If we stay at GP all season with no rent to pay, great. However it’s very precarious. It’s what happens dependent on the outcome of the court case and also next season. How sustainable are high wages for players? Impossible to know when we still don’t know where the additional money is coming from, which I assume is being pumped in? Not very transparent is it. My concern is that everything is ticking along nicely at present but it could all come crashing down like a house of cards at any point in the new year.

Cant disagree with any of that DM .. if the sh8t hits the fan anytime Jan Feb March it could derail the team in the midst of hopefully a push for promotion thus changing the season from one of success to abject failure and leaving the club up the creek without a paddle.

johnboyj charles
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2014
    Topics: 8

George Reynolds, an horrible peice of s—e. He makes even Swann sound like cinderella. A man proud of his criminal past allowed to buy into a football club.What a t–t.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Shocking how some people are allowed to buy football clubs. Some get their comeuppance though, like Andy Pilley.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Can’t imagine it’s affordable with the caliber of players we have signed, just like Swann did just add it to the debt not our problem.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Not who’s problem? It will become the club’s problem if it’s debt at the point the current owner sells up. Or have we learned nothing from the Swann era? Even before he sells up

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No Deerey it will be the problem for the new owner if like you say he sells up not ours.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. At some point spending will have to be reduced to be sustainable. Swann pulled the rug out and looked what happened. If selling, it’s far less an attractive proposition taking on all that debt.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Not many football clubs run sustainably the championship clubs on average spent 126% of their revenue on players wages alone during 2022, one would think that isn’t sustainable but they just roll along.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Hmm. ‘Just roll along’ makes it sound a doddle whereas the reality is ‘stagger along’. Always a number on the brink of insolvency. You should also bear in mind that Hiltons aim is to get the club back in to the league and running sustainably. Or did you think he’s being unrealistic?

https://www.begbies-traynorgroup.com/news/business-health-statistics/october-2022-football-distress-survey-trouble-ahead-for-english-clubs-as-cost-of-living-crisis-double-whammy-stifles-revenues-and-ramps-up-costs#:~:text=The%20October%202022%20Football%20Distress,total%2C%20remain%20in%20financial%20distress.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Unrealistic

Deereyme66Deereyme66

He seems pretty canny. Maybe he’s got a longer term strategy after 6 months in, based on income / expenditure / liabilities / forecasting options based on staying at GP for the rest of the season or being evicted, etc? Be good to get a sense of that and how it’s shaping up wouldn’t it? At the moment we keep hearing he’s good for the funds required to purchase GP, is paying off hundreds of debts and already ploughed in hundreds òf thousands. I’m not doubting that, though I’m sure many supporters would like a better glimpse in to it, and some assurances it’s sustainable for the time being. Just a bit more on income and expenditure would be welcome.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I can’t remember the last time we turned a profit; did we ever during the championship years?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Yeah it’s really good . I went to Havant V Yeovil on Monday was a cracking game .

I enjoy going down to the NLS games , it seems to be taken a lot less seriously and is more a family sort of club who don’t mind if they lose so much . The advantage of having a beer by the pitch is useful.

I don’t know if it’s similiar in NLN , I know you don’t want to be down there but at least you will win lots of games and enjoy the grounds .

In a way I prefer it tbh lower down .

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.