Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

• This topic has 132 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by RichgyRichgy.
  • Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

We’re still assuming that common sense is on Hilton’s side here. I won’t be thanking Hilton in March if we’re booted out. I hope both knock their heads together, and less of the excuses from Hilton too. Get it sorted.

After all, Swann isn’t paying £20k a month for the rent, as previously stated.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

If you believe Hilton has the financial clout to get the deal done, it should all be plain sailing.

As I see it, unless someone drops three big ones in Hilton’s lap or the newly appointed directors chuck £300K-£400K a piece in the pot (which isn’t going to happen), the elephant in the room remains.

I see Simon Elliott has taken to social media to back his man. Perhaps Simon could start the ball rolling and be the first to donate £300K-£400K to help fund the purchase of GP.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

What happened today was exactly what David Hilton predicted would happen when he told those present at the February fans forum that Swann had ceased channels of communication.

Hopefully common sense will now prevail though it is my opinion that we saw little of that in the 10 year tenure.

It would be great if personal agendas could be put aside or at least find different outlets for speculation dressed up as facts.

I’m not going to suggest that Swann is not to blame, but why do people take everything that DH sates as factual?

His actions to date, and the problems with wages, payment of debts, CCJ’s etc etc, do not point in that direction.

We will continue to be in the dark, hoping and praying, for the next 6 months.

I really do hope that they can resolve the issues between them and that DH stands up to his responsibilities as the owner of our club and starts acting like he should.

We’ve just got rid (nearly!!) of one bad owner, we don’t want another one.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

But at the level we now find ourselves, are we likely to get anyone other than this type of person?

Would Alan Hardy have been any different?

Would a community owned club have the resources to get back into the Football League?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Not sure about Hardy, but a no for the second, York sold out to get more investment.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

If you believe Hilton has the financial clout to get the deal done, it should all be plain sailing.

As I see it, unless someone drops three big ones in Hilton’s lap or the newly appointed directors chuck £300K-£400K a piece in the pot (which isn’t going to happen), the elephant in the room remains.

I see Simon Elliott has taken to social media to back his man. Perhaps Simon could start the ball rolling and be the first to donate £300K-£400K to help fund the purchase of GP.

So which was the clubhouse you were in the other night when you were discussing Ilkeston and Alan Hardy, you never did say?

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017
    Topics: 4

You would think that with some of the comments on this forum that DH does everything and makes every decision without using or relying on the expertise of others. Certain individuals making mountains out of molehills and being mischievous to say the least. For some it gives them the eternal buzz.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

If you believe Hilton has the financial clout to get the deal done, it should all be plain sailing

Why would it ?. Swann insists on getting 1.5mill upfront as he stated himself in a recent article. Hilton stated he found issues after going through it all more closely and found some things which needed sorting. Swann refused to sort the issues out, 1 being that unregistered strip of land.

I wouldn’t hand over 1.5mill upfront if the other party isn’t willing to sort said issues out, who in their right mind would ?

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

There’s potentially another storm brewing here between other member clubs and the National League. If you’re only paying 7p a week in rent and not paying some suppliers, it wouldn’t be to hard to argue that you’re benefitting from an unfair advantage over other clubs in the division. News of the 7p per week rental payment will have been the last thing Hilton wanted getting out in the public domain.

Do most clubs own their own grounds in NLN?

You’ll be wanting us penalised for our fan base next?

Average home attendances this season:

1 Scunthorpe United 3,877
    2 Hereford 2,728
    3 Chester 2,223
    4 South Shields 2,183
    5 Scarborough Athletic 1,674
    6 Boston United 1,604
    7 Tamworth 1,536
    8 Southport 1,319
    9 Darlington 1,295
    10 King’s Lynn Town 1,186
    11 Spennymoor Town 1,085
    12 Warrington Town 1,053
    13 Chorley 938
    14 Gloucester City 864
    15 Blyth Spartans 774
    16 Banbury United 764
    17 Buxton 745
    18 Bishop’s Stortford 745
    19 Brackley Town 589
    20 Rushall Olympic 571
    21 Farsley Celtic 543
    22 Curzon Ashton 451
    23 Alfreton Town 449
    24 Peterborough Sports 329

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Anyone thinking a judge would call this yesterday was an idiot,there were those who thought we’d be kicked out and those who think Dave is god that thought a 1st hearing would go through this in a few minutes in court and throw Swann’s claim out .They were all wrong, then we have those that don’t care either way as long as they can tell people to shut up and somehow claim they were right to do so , they were also wrong.
    Then they are those who just repeat facts that people try to wrongly lump in with some or all of the above ,they are right.
    The last group are idiots, those who see facts and call them rumours
    I would add, repeating what Swann or Hilton says is not repeating facts ,it’s repeating what they say ,which, may or may not be fact

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Quick summary for those short of time.

Everyone was wrong apart from 64.

Everyone is an idiot apart from 64.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

Yes! quite right ,though you forgot those who agree with me

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The problem with Fansy’s analysis is that the vast majority of us, scattered as we are across the globe, have no way of knowing which rumours are facts, or which facts are rumours.

If those posters who profess to be “in the know” were more forthcoming with their sources people might take them more seriously.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Anyone thinking a judge would call this yesterday was an idiot,there were those who thought we’d be kicked out and those who think Dave is god that thought a 1st hearing would go through this in a few minutes in court and throw Swann’s claim out .They were all wrong, then we have those that don’t care either way as long as they can tell people to shut up and somehow claim they were right to do so , they were also wrong.
    Then they are those who just repeat facts that people try to wrongly lump in with some or all of the above ,they are right.
    The last group are idiots, those who see facts and call them rumours
    I would add, repeating what Swann or Hilton says is not repeating facts ,it’s repeating what they say ,which, may or may not be fact

For the benefit of us idiots could you give a brief summary of the facts that you know are facts. No rumours please.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

The problem with Fansy’s analysis is that the vast majority of us, scattered as we are across the globe, have no way of knowing which rumours are facts, or which facts are rumours.

If those posters who profess to be “in the know” were more forthcoming with their sources people might take them more seriously.

And once again NI hits the nail squarely on the head.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Would a community owned club have the resources to get back into the Football League?

Gazes enviously in the direction of Exeter City, AFC Wimbledon, Newport County, or indeed Motherwell & St Mirren.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Gazes enviously in the direction of Exeter City, AFC Wimbledon, Newport County, or indeed Motherwell & St Mirren.

Always advocated for supporters to have a stake in their football clubs, however the problem tends to be when they are fully owned, a glass ceiling is reached.

Newport are facing a deficit in their operational budget and lost £1.2m last year. Currently seeking investment.

Portsmouth supporters- even with their substantial fan base- had to go cap in hand to Disney.

Scarborough, and Darlington especially are struggling to escape, even this level.

Exeter have bucked the trend in recent years with their fantastic youth set up.

Maybe the answer lies abroad with German 51/49 model.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Hi guys (n girls).. just back from a hectic few days so missed catching up on the current situation.

Without trawling through the whole thread and face book posts PLEASE could someone inform me of the up to date details in BRIEF FORMAT as to what exactly happened at the court case and the ramifications.

Thanks in advance.

fans6464

it got adjourned and it was revealed the club were paying a penny a day rent, so we’re stuck where we were for a few months,

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Portsmouth supporters- even with their substantial fan base- had to go cap in hand to Disney.

Agree with some of your points but not sure that’s an accurate representation – I think a more balanced view is that the Disney bloke (Eisner?) made an offer and the attraction of being a billionnaire’s plaything won out over the security & pride of fan ownership. A shame.

York have also recently sold out, in this case with the majority owners taking a 51% stake. 49% would have perhaps been the ideal option there for the club but not for the new majority owners.

I don’t know about Scarborough but I suspect Darlo are hamstrung by their stadium issues.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

There’s no way we would have the squad we have at the moment if we were community owned, from what I can see Hilton is doing exactly the same as Swann pushing the boat out to achieve promotion let’s hope it pays off the added crowds that come with being top of the league will help no end.

Participant

Agree with some of your points but not sure that’s an accurate representation – I think a more balanced view is that the Disney bloke (Eisner?) made an offer and the attraction of being a billionnaire’s plaything won out over the security & pride of fan ownership. A shame.

York have also recently sold out, in this case with the majority owners taking a 51% stake. 49% would have perhaps been the ideal option there for the club but not for the new majority owners.

I don’t know about Scarborough but I suspect Darlo are hamstrung by their stadium issues.

That’s probably more accurate with Pompey. Strangely, they haven’t made the any substantial progress despite the Eisner takeover. Modest adjustments to Fratton park and stagnated in a competitive league one for a number of years.

You’re correct about Darlo. Have a look at the Blackwell Meadows stadium, not fit for purpose and it’s hard to see how they progress as a club. It well could be we are in a similar situation in a years time unless things get sorted.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

You’re correct about Darlo. Have a look at the Blackwell Meadows stadium, not fit for purpose and it’s hard to see how they progress as a club. It well could be we are in a similar situation in a years time unless things get sorted.

Indeed. Did you see the recent story about a team that was going to take over the moribund Reynolds Arena? They were apparently all set up to play their first game a few weeks ago only for it to emerge at the last minute that it was all some sort of scam. Redcar Newmarket were going to be renamed Darlington United & moved into the old stadium, only that didn’t happen….

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Wtf?! I saw the original story and thought it all seemed a bit odd. Didn’t seem to add up.

Participant

No, never saw that! That stadium has been cursed since inception.

fans6464

There’s potentially another storm brewing here between other member clubs and the National League. .

No there isn’t

fans6464

there were issues at Pompey while Eisner supports them Walt Disney

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Portsmouths my local team – Eisner cleared their debts and is running them at quite close to break even on the playing side (hence them not walking right through league 1) the investment is going into the ground and infrastructure – it’s really improved Fratton Park with top facilities ; still an old school ground with a modern twist which i think I prefer over the new builds . I think the plan is to add capacity , as they are getting 19k every game – i think it only holds 20 now .

3 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Portsmouths my local team – Eisner cleared their debts and is running them at quite close to break even on the playing side (hence them not walking right through league 1) the investment is going into the ground and infrastructure – it’s really improved Fratton Park with top facilities ; still an old school ground with a modern twist which i think I prefer over the new builds . I think the plan is to add capacity , as they are getting 19k every game – i think it only holds 20 now .

Good, sustainable plans. I love Fratton Park, belting atmosphere for big games too.

Investing in facilities is likely to do more for the club in the long-term than just throwing money at players. *gestures in the direction of Glanford Park*

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

I don’t mind Hilton throwing money at players to get out of NLN immediately, as long as it’s affordable (at present whilst effectively squatting and decent crowds I would hope it is). If we stay at GP all season with no rent to pay, great. However it’s very precarious. It’s what happens dependent on the outcome of the court case and also next season. How sustainable are high wages for players? Impossible to know when we still don’t know where the additional money is coming from, which I assume is being pumped in? Not very transparent is it. My concern is that everything is ticking along nicely at present but it could all come crashing down like a house of cards at any point in the new year.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.