Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

• This topic has 132 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by RichgyRichgy.
  • Author
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Way back in an interview on Radio Humberside the EGO said something quite close to “We gambled, we gave it a go and failed so we need to balance the books”.

WE did nothing, WE had no say in the lunacy over the last 5 years. One person had control and that was the EGO !!! He gambled everything the club had and the club could not stop him because he made ALL the decisions – a good example was a 2year contract extension to Jordan Hallam who was rarely fit.

He wasted the money and he should have carried the loss not the club.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

He made ALL the decisions because he was the owner, wouldn’t want it any other way, you can’t expect a say for the money we contribute.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Huge morning for the club.

Adjournment appears to be the best case scenario

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

An adjournment means that we are still in the game.
    PS makes it sound as if all is perfectly clear for the judge. If that were to be the case – expect a prompt ruling in his favour. If not …

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

7p a week rent, great deal that.

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

OK. Breathe easy, for a while. 7p rent seems ridiculous.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

So once again ironinsider/ ironeye is found wanting about the fate of SUFC, we were apparently out on our arse today according to him a short while back. I will put that comment from him in the same file as , won’t kick a ball at GP this season, won’t see a single new player signed play for us this season and won’t be seen wearing a new kit this season. Ironinsider/ ironeye early season report just out, must try harder and pay more attention to what is actually going on 😂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Ironinsider seems to see the murmurings of potential trouble, which do give concern, but then jumps to the worst possible conclusion and says anyone who thinks otherwise is blind. The truth is in between everything being hunky dory and at last chance saloon.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

There’s potentially another storm brewing here between other member clubs and the National League. If you’re only paying 7p a week in rent and not paying some suppliers, it wouldn’t be to hard to argue that you’re benefitting from an unfair advantage over other clubs in the division. News of the 7p per week rental payment will have been the last thing Hilton wanted getting out in the public domain.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Yep ..there’s always a downside to every glimmer IB… if you look hard enough and really want it.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

First thing is why would such a ridiculously low sum be paid in the first place? Is it lack of dialogue between the two parties involved?, has Hilton tried to get a rental deal in place and Swann refused?, so many unknown answers and as usual the fans are left with guessing what the reality actually is between Swann and Hilton but the situation is blatantly and clearly bloody ridiculous.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

I guess 7p/week was the agreement until the sale concluded (1p a day seems to be the case). The interesting but was the judge wanting to know the issues – in short what the problem is? Swann wanted £3m for land worth half that – and funnily enough wanted £1.5m before any searches (is what I have gleaned from various sources – but heavily caveated by this just being my opinion).

The mediation is a key point – Swann didn’t want it but, having been in mediations before, is a key step in the dance to a settlement. Swann resisting ADR is let in my opinion – in that he feels he isn’t as confident in his position as some people would like him to be.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Just to clarify my point above – I have been the one in mediations – not Swann (i have no idea if he has)

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Yep ..there’s always a downside to every glimmer IB… if you look hard enough and really want it.

I noticed IB’s last thread he started about Ilkeston didn’t get many posts, just one from me I believe and he never answered that one question I asked him, what ya gonna do?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Not sure the 7p a week is Hilton paying Swann. Might be what the club are paying Hilton to ‘sub lease’ from a comment I read? Though I don’t know how accurate that is.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Either way, it’s cash in the attic and should put the club in a more stable financial footing for the time being?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Would seem like what Hilton has said is coming more into fruition, he was confident of seeing the season out at glanny park, there were lots of doubters but it would appear that will be the case, glad I got my season ticket early while the price was a lot cheaper, winner winner chicken dinner.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

There was never going to be a decision today. It was a directions hearing. Information is the key to a solution and that Wil be discussed at the next meeting.

Hopefully DH will have somewhere lined up for us to play (and the NLN are happy to rubber-stamp it) after that meeting.

It will be better the later it is – so mid/end March will be better than early/mid Jan – as any decent notice period will take us to the end of the season.

Sadly, we are still none the wiser on what the actual position is!!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

funnily enough wanted £1.5m before any searches (is what I have gleaned from various sources – but heavily caveated by this just being my opinion).

No that’s not just your opinion. A fan on twitter posted an exert from an interview Swann gave.

This is what he said….

“I have to stick with the 1.5mill upfront” Swann said. “I took a mortgage out for the majority of that used to support the club as I had no choice. I have to pay that off and that would be paid using the land”.

Hilton though after going over it more closely found issues and told Swann he wanted those clearing up before getting the initial 1.5mill but Swann declined and this is where we are.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

I would guess the two directors on board who have considerable legal experience would be to our advantage.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Hopefully they have, or their colleagues have, expertise in business and property law.

Scunthorpe United face civil trial in Glanford Park stadium dispute

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The 7p in question is most likely a 1p/day peppercorn rent:

“The case of Chappell & Co Limited vs Nestle Co Limited ([1960] AC 87) is an early case where the metaphor “peppercorn” was used. The case shows that in order to have a valid agreement or lease there has to be a consideration, but that the actual amount is not a requisite to it being valid. A peppercorn (a very low or nominal rent) was therefore used to satisfy the requirement for the creation of a legally binding lease contract document.”

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Just hope supporters will wait and get the official facts now instead of listening to the rumours having us hung and quartered, and not believing the proper people at the club, any news from ironeye or interested bystander this afternoon.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

To be fair, the question of ground issues was true, and this was dismissed as rumours. As was a supporter cap. I think there is a lot for people to reflect on, and not just from IE. Of course we shouldn’t jump to the worst conclusions, as he did, when the situation is rectifiable. At least for the short term. That said, we shouldn’t just assume whatever is said about Hilton must be false because of Swann/trouble makers/club killers/whatever. There was a chance we could have been evicted with this, and many did dismiss this as nonsense when it was first being mooted.

What we should do (everyone, myself included) is to unite behind the team and keep an eye on our club, while not getting sucked in to the agendas of the two main men involved. Hilton succeeding in court or finding common ground with Swann is what I hope for, but it may be that he makes a cock up or even be wrong, jeopardising our future. We should be open to that in the coming months as the full hearing approaches.

That said, no immediate need for doom and gloom. Our short term future is secure and we can be happy for another day.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Or SNOT Mick has anything they’ve said actually happened.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Said he had a train booked for today and Mr Bell posted that there was a SUFC shareholder present. SNOT?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

What happened today was exactly what David Hilton predicted would happen when he told those present at the February fans forum that Swann had ceased channels of communication.

Hopefully common sense will now prevail though it is my opinion that we saw little of that in the 10 year tenure.

It would be great if personal agendas could be put aside or at least find different outlets for speculation dressed up as facts.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.