Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ernest Pawn v Dildo van Hit

• This topic has 132 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by RichgyRichgy.
  • Author
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Does anybody know what is occurring in the battle for Iron supremacy between the mighty twosome of Ernest Pawn and Dildo van Hit?

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Seconds out, round one in Leeds at the end of this month.

Participant

Shame he didn’t change his name to Shilton.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Let’s hope it doesn’t become a protracted case.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

What’s up with you AA, Hilton is relying on it being a protracted case, where we going to play if it isn’t.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

We need this chapter of our history closed one way or the other.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Quick case and Swann wins, we need the judge to tell him to get the land registration sorted and that will take more time I’m afraid.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

What has the land registration got to do with this? It’s a rent disagreement as stated before

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

I must have got it wrong but I thought is was a disagreement over a purchase of the ground and associated land.

fans6464

Swann says he let them stay in the ground for a set period so HiltonWhiteDave had time to time to stump up the cash,when that passed he issued this court writ to get his land back as Dave put a photocopy on the gate a security guard and a chain on the gate in a clumsy show of defiance
    Dave says he has a lease agreement so can stay ,so now they be are in court

Participant

I’m certain the judge won’t be interested in any he said/he said, only what’s legally binding.
    We don’t know what was agreed on paper in January, I’m certain the judge will and make a judgement on what’s legally binding.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Will the judge ask Hilton about his so called contingency plan if we get kicked out, if he hasn’t got one will the judge think twice about wrapping up a professional football club just into a new season and putting all those players and staff on the dole. It’s a big call whoever comes out on top.

Participant

I have no legal experience but this is not a magistrates court with people making decisions based on whether football fans will be able to watch their team in a new season or whether the players will be able to earn their wages.
    It surely will be a judge ruling on the legalities of a contract signed between two parties.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

In all levels of court, Judges often familiarise themselves with the case in advance to try to find a way out of having a hearing.
    They try to resolve any impasse by asking loaded questions. Both parties would be wise to listen to any proffered suggestions or advice.
    Entirely dependent on the judge, of course. Some may go by the strict letter of the law but …

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I would hope any judge would take all considerations into account but in the end he will make a decision on what he believes is legally correct. It’s worth pointing out that does Ernest want to take possession of the ground and land just to let it stand empty for any amount of time to prove a point or has he got a buyer lined up or even has he already sold it? Either way it would seem a sensible outcome if the ground and land haven’t already been sold elsewhere in a deal that will come into play once the club is kicked out, that the club stay on paying monthly rent until a certain time as the whole site has been sold. A suitable notice period could then be worked out before the club vacates, either way does Ernest want to cut his nose off to spite his face? Seems rather silly if he does

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You know you haven’t got it wrong MK, he told us it was to do with legalities (the registration of land) and reiterated that on his Humberside radio interview on Saturday, perhaps 64 should have a listen. Certainly sod all to do with a rental agreement.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Hilton also said in that interview he couldn’t go into too many details because of the impending court case so we can make suggestions all we like, it doesn’t add up to much really. It is a very sad state of affairs for our football club which I’m sure we can all agree on.

fans6464

Not to a judge,their only consideration will be is there a contract , if there is what does it say,?
    Nothing else

Participant

Swann owns a stadium and land.
    Swann and Hilton exchanged contracts where Hilton agreed to buy it.
    Hilton didn’t honour the contract by not paying.
    Swann demanded his money.
    Hilton is squatting on the land using “loopholes” he’s dreamt up.
    I only see a judge making one decision.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

the Judge will also have to consider how much Hilton has paid in Tax owed during Swanns final weeks, players and staff wages from before he took over SNOT, plus any other missing details, also why Swann put the ground and land in his name in the first place, we just want it sorting out as quick as possible.
    Why will he?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Subject to searches, all solicitor’s have to do that.

Participant

the Judge will also have to consider how much Hilton has paid in Tax owed during Swanns final weeks, players and staff wages from before he took over SNOT, plus any other missing details, also why Swann put the ground and land in his name in the first place, we just want it sorting out as quick as possible.

I disagree Mick,it’s a commercial law court, nothing whatsoever to do with how much Hilton claims to have paid to god know who else.
    It’s about a contract and nothing else!

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

It is about the stadium and the land. Anything to do with the football club – tax, wages etc won’t be relevant. Swann somehow put GP into the ownership of a separate company, unchallenged at the time, so that part is over.

RivermanRiverman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 22, 2023
    Topics: 0

Scunthorpe United Football Club and Glanford Park are two different identities, David Hilton bought SUFC from Peter Swann, the ground is owned by Coolsilk and at the present time SUFC are trespassing on GP and Coolsilk are trying to get SUFC evicted. It’s as simple as that (allegedly)

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Gonna see the riverman, gonna tell him I can…

Oops, non football

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Hopefully it’s settled on the court steps then we can move on once and for all from the disastrous period of our clubs history!

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

It is about the stadium and the land. Anything to do with the football club – tax, wages etc won’t be relevant. Swann somehow put GP into the ownership of a separate company, unchallenged at the time, so that part is over.

How do you challenge anything as the club was owned by the ego ! The predominant name of board members was SWANN so they will do as instructed.

Participant

I agree, and like I said that chapter is over, water under the bridge, done and dusted. Coolsilk and therefore Swann, own it. (Or at least have their name on the mortgage…).
    I also hope, like Bartoniron66, that it is settled out of court. I don’t think Hilton will have much chance with this in a courtroom.

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Does Hilton have the money?
    There is a bloke on the Facebook group ranting that a group of staff are YET to be paid and he will happily meet Hilton to discuss as he knows the truth! If he can’t pay the wages how can he pay Swann?

Participant

If he doesn’t have the money, then what exactly is going on ?
    I don’t know exactly how courts work but if Swann turns up at court with an entourage of solicitors and barristers etc and he wins then could he also get his costs from Hilton as well ?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.