Emma Hayes

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Emma Hayes

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

(Chelsea women’s manager) a lot to say this week, says the women’s super league should be open to a closed league and maybe having franchised teams, then today says women’s and girls football is middle class and they don’t have the same access to the game that men and boys do, I know it’s only one woman but the lack of understanding about the game is a joke, didn’t she here Chelsea fans object to a closed euro super league or understand that not enough women want to play the game so can’t even field teams around the country let alone find someone to play against. It really is just the same for men and boys who might want to play netball doubt whether any men’s netball teams exist in Scunthorpe the access is there just not the players, maybe she’s just menstruating but whatever,do shut up luv.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I personally can’t stand her. I remember she once was commentating on a premier league match and the language been used, she came across as though she was a new age, football demi god.

1st, 2nd, 3rd phase. Transition this and transition that…she was speaking as if football was rocket science. Gave me the impression she was trying to intentionally over complicating the game in order to come across as some kind of football genius.

She was commentating with Gary Neville I think at the time, he was talking in simple terms about not getting enough people back to defend and getting caught out of position, she then blabbed on for a solid 5 minutes talking about multiple phases of play and various transitions.

I was thinking at the time, please shut up. Nobody else could get a word in edge ways.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I personally can’t stand her. I remember she once was commentating on a premier league match and the language been used, she came across as though she was a new age, football demi god.

1st, 2nd, 3rd phase. Transition this and transition that…she was speaking as if football was rocket science. Gave me the impression she was trying to intentionally over complicating the game in order to come across as some kind of football genius.

She was commentating with Gary Neville I think at the time, he was talking in simple terms about not getting enough people back to defend and getting caught out of position, she then blabbed on for a solid 5 minutes talking about multiple phases of play and various transitions.

I was thinking at the time, please shut up. Nobody else could get a word in edge ways.

Agree there WG .. i think she sees herself as some sort of football influencer, and until she changes gender or grows a penis should stick to washing up,ironing, mopping floors and making a cuppa tea n bacon butty.(can i say that?) ..oh i did already !!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

To be fair there’s plenty of male managers who talk bollocks too.

And as for those “expert” summarisers!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

True NI but if they spouted about having a closed league they wouldn’t be in a job for long.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Lol, what are you complaining about? Given you and some fellow Sid the Sexists something to moan about!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

To quote Buck’s, ” more misogynistic mayhem from the usual suspects ” 😂

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Not complaining Deerey just commenting on some one high up in the game and what she thinks. Which bits of her comments do you agree with? Or aren’t you allowed an opinion, if so just ask for Angela in your next post, evidently it’s gender neutral.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The last line in your original post was unnecessary Awaywego, yeah you are after one of your cheap shot jokes as per norm but it lowers the opinion you are giving to schoolboy level, just behave yourself, remember your a grandad.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Regardless of my opinion of Hayes on football matters, it’s blatantly obvious you’ve just found another opportunity to hate on women in football, as you’ve done numerous times before. You might mention your little disclaimer about being happy for the women’s team winning the Euro’s, but your attitude to women in football generally is hardly a secret. Not complaining, just pointing it out, like you claim to be doing with Hayes.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I don’t think he hates women in football, or even women in general. I think he loves the response he get’s when he comes out the “women should be in the kitchen” kind of comments.

Look, he’s a wind up merchant. I suppose he could be the next undiscovered Fred West and have 10+ women buried under his patio but I’ll go with the theory he’s just a wind up merchant.

It’s crystal clear to me as to why he say’s what he says. Stevie Wonder would even be able to see it. If you treat what he says as a joke when it comes to his misogynistic comments, he would tire of it I’m sure.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

…and your not a wind up merchant of course, if you thought your last post was funny….well says it all really.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Look, he writes ridiculous comments objectifying and downplaying the role of women, you get your white knight cape on and start moaning about it, which then makes him want to write more because your reacting to what he’s typing and making a big deal of it.

He’s typing what he’s typing because of the way you’re reacting to it.

I think it’s fair to say that posters on this forum “potentially apart from awaywego” do not in any way believe women are only fit for the kitchen or that they’re of little importance, stop getting wound up about.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

The Irony of some of the comments on here astound me! How many posters on here think they know better than professional managers who have actually played the game at a decent level? I can name two on this thread alone, you then have the nerve to have a pop at a female for doing the same thing as you do, but it’s ok cause your a bloke, right?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Yeah but in their defence Pat it’s just a wind up, apparently 🙄

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I see Awaywego self moderated his OP. A shame he didn’t edit it further!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I’m not downplaying the role of women WG I just don’t think it’s in the men’s game, Mrs A gets its a day for the boys and wouldn’t want to intrude. Are their exceptions course there are but in general no and I’m sure we can all see it for ourselves at every game.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

No time for her. Her ‘great team’ would probably struggle against Under 11 boys football.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Well, yes, but because women can’t build muscle and don’t have testosterone like men do. It’s nothing to do with lack of sporting knowledge or skill.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I’m not downplaying the role of women WG I just don’t think it’s in the men’s game, Mrs A gets its a day for the boys and wouldn’t want to intrude. Are their exceptions course there are but in general no and I’m sure we can all see it for ourselves at every game.

And some women like it and want to enjoy it. It’s not an all boys’ club, so women should be welcome.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Most of the time it’s an all men’s club many don’t even take their kids to games they just want a day out with their mates and there’s nothing wrong in that either.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I didn’t say there was, but women attending games doesn’t stop others from attending their desired day out with the lads, does it? If you want male company, you can surround yourself with other men, even if there is a woman a few rows down.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If they could only except the rough and tumble of the match day experience I’d be ok with that, but they tend to moan at the swearing or the lads stood up instead of sitting.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

You know the comments you tend to come out with “women are only fit for the kitchen” type ones, I know they’re just throw away
    “jokey” comments but a certain poster called iron awe takes them seriously and goes into mini meltdowns so just be mindful of that.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

This is a wind up right 🤔😂

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

You know the comments you tend to come out with “women are only fit for the kitchen” type ones, I know they’re just throw away
    “jokey” comments but a certain poster called iron awe takes them seriously and goes into mini meltdowns so just be mindful of that.

And here lies the problem, when people think, sexist/racist/homophobic comments are just “throw away comments” or “just a joke”!

It’s not that many years ago that people thought throwing banana’s at black players was funny!

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Unfortunately some people seem unable to understand these basics Pat.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

While other understand the basics very well, but say nothing because it suits their agenda.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

..your critical theory agenda is the only one you embrace,Gurnelista- for obvious reasons.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The problem is you can’t say boo to a goose nowadays without someone being offended, (sure somebody will be a long to defend the goose in a moment) Just look today and what they’ve done with the Roald Dayl books is that really where we want to go, all this fuss over me saying she might be menstruating as if it doesn’t affect women in any way lol.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.