Donny Road end

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Donny Road end

• Author
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

I missed a word out on my post above, it should read that the club have NO input on the amount of police officers deployed around the outside of the stadium.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Thanks to his own conduct, people are now starting to see Hilton for what he is. He’s drawing attention to himself and ears that were once shut are now wide open.

I’m surprised he needs a reminder on how it ends when you rub the authorities up the wrong way.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I doubt the hardline on the Facebook group are seeing anything fishy with Hilton because of this. They’ll still be singing his praises, buying his excuses and complaining that others are being negative about worrying issues. All the while ignoring that his latest explanation contradicts the assurances he tried to give last week.

letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Topics: 3

There does seem to be theme !
    Doesn’t the club have a safety officer any more ?
    Surely the actual chairman doesn’t haven’t to personally go to meetings, the leader of the council won’t be there, nor will the chief Constable.

We started the season with a safety officer but pretty sure we dont have one now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Somebody said earlier that the Iron Trust had representation on the SAG. Can’t they influence their decision in the Clubs favour? DH seems to make some very valid points in his statement.

In the clubs favour?
    That’s not how safety works

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Didn’t realise we had fashion police as well!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Somebody said earlier that the Iron Trust had representation on the SAG. Can’t they influence their decision in the Clubs favour? DH seems to make some very valid points in his statement.

In the clubs favour?
    That’s not how safety works

” I am insistent that the local authorities and SAGS demands of our club are ludicrous and haven’t changed since the championship days. We are meeting with SAG again this week in they hope they start to understand the level we are at. I’m hopeful that the ridiculous requirements being insisted upon by SAG that are financially crippling our club are amended imminently. There seems to be no logic or common sense.”

It seems from this that there is room for negotiation and/or compromise (or is it DH’s imagination) I would hope the Trust could influence any negotiation favourably if that’s the case.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

It is same stadium as the championship days so that factor remains the same. I guess the attendance is going to be about half of the championship, so that has altered. But there was more policing in and around the ground which probably affected the number of stewards required. The safety is probably as much about evacuation speeds as stewarding of opposing fans. Is 50 people on minimum wage for 6 hours every fortnight financially crippling ?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

The guy stewarding the East car park had to be reminded by my mate which car park was which. After studying his car pass for twenty seconds he announced ” you want before over the other side for the East park mate” whilst pointing over to the West car park, we helped massage his brain whilst reminding him which park was which, the East park was two thirds full by this time so we weren’t the first arrivals 😂

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Safety shut the department I worked at down, over the top idiotic rules everywhere, Tamworth had SAG rules to adhere to 1 steward on the gate going in (for 750 of us) 6 more of them in our stand, why do we need so many, the trust members on the group surely have a voice and obviously for what’s right if they think anything is unsafe they will say so and visa versa.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

It is same stadium as the championship days so that factor remains the same. I guess the attendance is going to be about half of the championship, so that has altered. But there was more policing in and around the ground which probably affected the number of stewards required. The safety is probably as much about evacuation speeds as stewarding of opposing fans. Is 50 people on minimum wage for 6 hours every fortnight financially crippling ?

I can see DHs point re the regs on stewards being some what dated especially with the lower numbers of away fans that will be attending this season ..

Chuck in a few cup games and stewarding costs must be circa 70-80k per season give or take a steward or two.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

This is a post from Hilton’s new best friend and public spokesman on the clappers group forum.

“ Where the hell do Humberside Police get their intelligence from.
    There was never ever going to be trouble today, welcoming Jimmy Deans former club to Glanford Park.
    Peterborough’s attendance at home was half what we took away last week, so they were never going to bring many, but the police decided to put the fear of god in them anyway.
    All the police presence today is a waste of manpower and if I was the club I’d not be paying no police bill.
    Talk about getting paid for doing naff all.
    Oh and the SAG officer can suck my left one too….. lot more than 2500 here you jobsworth”

That’ll go down well with the powers that be!

Participant

The way I read it Awaywego, (and as you know I am often wrong !) if a football stadium has a capacity of 5,000 or over then it requires a safety certificate. I guess clubs like Tamworth have small enough stadiums.

Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

This is a post from Hilton’s new best friend and public spokesman on the clappers group forum.

There was never ever going to be trouble today, welcoming Jimmy Deans former club to Glanford Park.
    Peterborough’s attendance at home was half what we took away last week, so they were never going to bring many, but the police decided to put the fear of god in them anyway.
    All the police presence today is a waste of manpower and if I was the club I’d not be paying no police bill.
    Oh and the SAG officer can suck my left one too….. lot more than 2500 here you jobsworth”

Populist nonsense. Stewards aren’t there just to sort out crowd problems, but to help in an emergency, among other things. We can argue the toss about regulations, but they exist for a reason, and they won’t change or budge because Hilton doesn’t want to pay out or self-appointed spokespeople saying we should just not pay. These are things every owner has to deal with, certainly for the ground size we have, so Hilton gets no sympathy from me on this issue. He tells us he has proof of funds, so there should be no issue in him funding an important aspect of the club running.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Yes this Sherbert rough neck does seem rather uncouth … surely the only thing that should be sucked is ………a Werthers original.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

From the article above:-
    “The Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 makes provision for the Secretary of State (for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) to designate any sports ground with accommodation for more than 10,000 spectators (or more than 5,000 spectators for grounds hosting Premier League / English Football League matches) as requiring a safety certificate to admit spectators.”

GP capacity is 9088 so why do we need a safety certificate? Am I missing something?

Participant

From the article above:-
    “The Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 makes provision for the Secretary of State (for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) to designate any sports ground with accommodation for more than 10,000 spectators (or more than 5,000 spectators for grounds hosting Premier League / English Football League matches) as requiring a safety certificate to admit spectators.”

GP capacity is 9088 so why do we need a safety certificate? Am I missing something?

I’ve been reading it and got to this :

Safety certification for National League clubs

And this :

Regulated stands

I’m sure if there is a loophole DH can find it.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Could it be as simple to ask to be dropped from SAG regulations due not meeting the criteria for needing an inspection now we’ve dropped so low like Juryeffs said about Tamworth?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Ignore the last post the stands puts us needing a sag certificate but the same would apply to Tamworth.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

It’s improbable, but not impossible that we win our next couple of games and the gate for Scarborough at home exceeds 4,000+. What happens then?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Find it quite amusing that the new unofficial spokesperson is now an expert in safety management, considering his lifestyle and recent history at GP. You couldn’t make it up.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Does appear that Hilton as left that site again.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Apparently forums were shit stirring about the SAG limiting capacity, then yesterday supporters are being refused entry to the DRE.

This is then being spun as a conspiracy against Hilton. For the record, it’s not a conspiracy, and supporters are well within their rights to discuss it.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Yep. It will be the fault of the fans who mentioned it, but not Hilton, who assured everyone it was all OK before making a backtrack. Then people will wonder why I think it’s pointless to ask Hilton on there about these worries. He clearly isn’t afraid of embellishing the truth or not being fully honest.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I bet he has!

As I said earlier, his behaviour is starting to attract attention. Different geographical area, different group of authorities, same old Dave.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

I bet he has!

As I said earlier, his behaviour is starting to attract attention. Different geographical area, different group of authorities, same old Dave.

Ay actually agree with IB on this maybe best idea hes left , just seems his style of expressing himself on this platform however strong his opinion on the issues is a tad ott and thus so will attract attention. To be fair to DH warranted or not is does seem to be getting loads of shit on SM and not easy some times to bite yer lip and say nowt.

A nice soothing early morning interlude now .. a song my missus can and does get up to sing excellently quite often when we are out and about and i much prefer this version to the Ronan Keating gob full of custard version….enjoy (including you DH)

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

As far as I am aware the Trust haven’t been invited to any recent SAG meetings. Perhaps somebody from the Trust could confirm.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Just watched the IRONARMY YT vid .. as ever a dam fine vid lots to digest and a mention of the grass at GP being very long at 6:47 secs

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

From the programme notes on the Iron trust and I take it yove read them SST they don’t need an invite they have 2 seats on the Sag group, but that doesn’t mean there taking them like you say a comment from them wouldn’t go amiss along with one from councilor Bell or Gosling.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Amazing how often businessmen seem to point the finger at regulation being what causes them problems.

If the club was aware of this, why was it still selling tickets above the specified steward/supporter ratio?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.