Donny Road end

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Donny Road end

• Author
    pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Some interesting comments on the Facebook group about stopping ppl going in.Any idea’s why?

Me and my wife bought tickets this morning, I was in the ground, wife got there at 3 after work and wasn’t allowed to come and stand and had to go sit by herself, disgusting, trying to get fans back, I would like mr Hilton to respond if possible, I’m not having a go but surely if you buy a ticket for a stand you should be allowed to go in that stand, and not to let my wife in and was upset as she had to sit by herself can’t be right ! Some common sense should be used surely

……..

They told me i couldn’t enter ad they’d stopped selling tickets!!! I have a season ticket 😳😂 When i got in there nowhere near full!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I have seen people summise that it’s because of a maximum number of supporters per steward. We don’t have enough stewards, and it’s this what caused the supporter cap talk. Instead of a supporter cap the outcome seems to be to limit the number of supporters per stand or something to this effect.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I can tell you that it was nothing to do with “Dave”

ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

Amateur hour and unfair to long time donny road end users
    Looks like safety advisory had their say after all
    SHITE HILTON

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No Siderite that’s not what caused the supporter cap talk, it was just someone making a rumour up nothing more.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Yes, AWG, you’re right. They limited where supporters could be for no reason a week after such rumours arose. Well done.

I don’t claim to be certain, but I am relaying what was said by others elsewhere. The hypothesis fits, but it stands to reason that it could be wrong. Nor did I say that it matched what was said last week. However, all last week ‘itk’ people spoke of steward numbers as to why there was a mooted cap.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Why else do you think SNOT was talking of a need for volunteers stewarding only a few days ago if this had nothing to do with it? Hmmm. It’s a mystery.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

We can all agree no one should listen to SNOT lol, after he got caught out lying on here. Do keep up Siderite, he wasn’t your trustworthy source by any chance?.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

No he isn’t, and there was more than one saying the same thing. I am just saying that the stadium cap limit was clearly linked to talk of there not being enough stewards and this was the case before today. I mentioned SNOT since he spoke of stewarding issues days ago, so it’s not something plucked out of thin air.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Hilton/White has confirmed we’re currently under restrictions from SAG. Taken from FB:

“We are governed by a safety certificate issued by the council which stipulates the amount of stewards and medical staff for each stand. Due to the levels of stewarding available and allocated to the DRE stand along with a large number of sales before kick off we reached the stands capacity due to the amount of stewards. We had no alternative but to offer a handful of supporters buying last minute tickets an alternate area to watch the game. Tickets are always subject to availability and I cannot risk the clubs safety certificate or being imposed with sanctions including financial. Supporters are advised to get tickets early and purchase group tickets together.

We cannot relocate stewards leaving other areas short on match day as risk assessments have to be signed off prior to match day. It was a handful of late entries only that were affected

My apologies for any inconvenience but due to a shortage of paid stewards we have to outsource extra security costing the club far more to satisfy the council. I am insistent that the local authorities and SAGS demands of our club are ludicrous and haven’t changed since the championship days. We are meeting with SAG again this week in they hope they start to understand the level we are at.

I’m hopeful that the ridiculous requirements being insisted upon by SAG that are financially crippling our club are amended imminently. There seems to be no logic or common sense.

Anybody with a ticket should have been allowed entry. Clearly my staff are falling foul of the complicated issues being forced upon us by the authority. It will stop you have my word.”

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It’s never his fault, is it?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Continued:

“You wouldn’t believe what we have to provide. They forced us to put 8 stewards in the Mortz stand and have 52 in total against Burton when the Mortz stand was closed and we had 1200 fans with only 32 away. If we don’t do what they say they pull the safety certificate and force us to play behind closed doors. My patience has ran out with the authority regarding these issues and it will be sorted very quickly. They can’t insist we provide as many stewards for Peterborough sports as we did against Newcastle in the championship with 9000 in and 3000 away.
    Over 50 stewards today.

Yes if this insist on police we have to do as they say. £21,000 was spent on stewards and policing last season at home to Oldham causing the club to literally lose money on a home fixture. How does a club stay sustainable or compete when your own local authority are insisting on such measures”

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

No Siderite that’s not what caused the supporter cap talk, it was just someone making a rumour up nothing more.
    Oops

6 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Somebody said earlier that the Iron Trust had representation on the SAG. Can’t they influence their decision in the Clubs favour? DH seems to make some very valid points in his statement.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Think that was awaywego. Might be another non rumour though 🤔

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

I would believe what they have to provide. He’s operating a football league club with its stadium and associated supporter numbers in non league. It seems to me he can’t afford it, or doesn’t want to put the money in, which probably explains why the ground hasn’t been bought, academy closed and other alleged non payments. £21,000 to steward and police the Oldham match is over a fiver per spectator, but presumably there would be concerns over disorder due to relegation for us and staying up for them, and any history with Oldham and numbers they brought. Surely the stewarding and policing costs are something budgeted over a whole year not on a match by match basis ?
    It isn’t going to be sustainable until at least back in the efl where tv money, premier league money, academy money etc returns. There is a reason why relegation from the football league is called the trap door.
    Insisting things to local authorities rarely works out, they have to play by the rules and do whatever assessments are required, in a certain way and enforce the results.
    Most non league clubs with smaller grounds probably don’t have to meet a lot of the rules, I don’t know for sure.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Twas me and it is in the programme for all to see, would be nice to here from the Iron trust to tell us whether they are taking up the 2 seats they are allotted and if not why not and obviously their take on there participation in the SAG group and what has changed in the stance of SAG.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

The only truthful part of Hilton’s statement was the part where he stated he will be meeting with the SAG this coming week, that’s not at his request either.
    He really shouldn’t have resorted to social media to bad mouth the decisions of the SAG and North lincs council.
    Ignoring the recommendations of the SAG yesterday will lead to serious consequences, hence the hurried closure of the turnstiles to the terraced stand yesterday, that wasn’t a decision made by the club.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Juryeff, This falling out with various bodies and people sounds familiar. That ended well didn’t it!

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

A spat with NLCC. Call me negative but that doesn’t bode well for future working on a new stadium.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

There does seem to be theme !
    Doesn’t the club have a safety officer any more ?
    Surely the actual chairman doesn’t haven’t to personally go to meetings, the leader of the council won’t be there, nor will the chief Constable.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Was going to bring it somewhere else or a new thread but this is probably apt. I wonder if they closed the gates early because of all the Scouse shirts people were wearing and were worried for them lol, I witnessed at least 4 in the Donny road end one had an eastern European name on his back fair play to him probably his 1st scunny game but the 3 others why?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

A spat with NLCC. Call me negative but that doesn’t bode well for future working on a new stadium.

Also, all this faff in dealing with comparatively small payments for necessities doesn’t fill me with confidence that Swann was wrong in saying that Hilton doesn’t have proof of funds.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Glad to see you back SNOT, now behave.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

That reminds me, Minder is being re-run on some obscure channel. Need to check it’s not a new version with some bloke called Jason playing Terry’s part.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Glad to see you back SNOT, now behave.

Ahem!

Wondered how long it would be before you came up with a Hillsborough jibe!

Agree that arguing too strongly with the Council is not the way to go.

letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Topics: 3

DH doesn’t help himself..Addressing concerns about the ‘rumoured’ SAG capping attendance he stated on facebook it was ‘nonsense’ and probably done to sell more tickets!..It emerges the rumours were true again but now those nasty SAG people are to blame..Safety certificates are there for a reason..The number of police at the Tamworth match was significantly more than we had yesterday so presumably their costs were greater than ours..Like someone said these types of costs should be budgeted at the start of the season.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Indeed. Doesn’t help with credibility.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

A football club only pay for police officers who enter the stadium, the council tax payers foot the bill for officers outside the stadium and the football club have input on the amount of officers deployed.
    They do however have to pay for stewarding inside and around the perimeter of the stadium.
    The safety certificate granted by the council under advice from the SAG stipulates the amount of stewards and medical staff that MUST be in attendance per head of support inside the stadium.
    When a chairman ignores the safety certificate and then publicly on social media rubbishes the SAG and council it’s never going to end well.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Well given the opportunity it would have being crass not to NI, but on the serious note it’s not the place to wear them, Barcelona, Celtic Rangers shirts and visiting clubs like Derby fair enough but other English clubs?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.