fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Thanks for that 64, let everyone get behind it now. I praise the trust.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Great news, looking forward to seeing how we can help retain the ground.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

I await the plan / decision to be revealed.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Feels like we have a war on 2 fronts trying to keep the club afloat and now raising money for the ground. I don’t know if there is enough financial clout in the town to be able to keep both.

Credit to the trust for their role in activating the ACV, it gives us a fighting chance at least.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I wouldn’t under estimate the solidarity and generosity in the football community. I’d like to think with a large section of the football community already knowing our plight and situation we find ourselves in won’t band together to fill the coffers via crowdfunding.

You take that option and add it to a potential grant and money from ourselves, I wouldn’t rule it out, Cliff.

Participant

All I’m saying it’s a huge ask of a town with not much in the way of disposable income. Additionally the money people already willing to help will be holding back the tide trying to keep the club afloat. Crowdfunding seems highly unlikely IMO.

The community ownership fund is interesting, can anyone shed more light on that?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant

All depends how it is presented. Perhaps The Iron Trust should ask for emails where people can outline their idea.

Remember there will be Covenants put on it to prevent misappropriation. Quibell Park as covenants on it that stop any shady dealing – and a previous borough solicitor told me he had never seen anything as tight or unchallengeable as them.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Does anyone even have the accurate price what Swan is asking for GP .. be a handy starting point knowing what the target is.
    I would hope the Council and many Scunthorpe based businesses would come on board and every avenue checked re grants etc.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I wouldn’t come out and say “We need this”…like any Real estate deal,there could be all sorts of spanners in the works thrown in.

A “Builder” type fund – like what Darlington have done for the playing staff – would be an idea. There’s also fans who live in bigger towns than Scunny and may have the means to contribute. don’t rule that out.

Participant

Does anyone even have the accurate price what Swan is asking for GP .. be a handy starting point knowing what the target is.
    I would hope the Council and many Scunthorpe based businesses would come on board and every avenue checked re grants etc.

£3million was the figure quoted previously

Dan-UTIDan-UTI
    Participant
    Registered On: April 8, 2014
    Topics: 1

If we needed to raise £3m in 6 months we’d have to be raising just over £16,500 per day.

That’s the scale of the issue; our fan base just isn’t big enough to raise that kind of money, unfortunately.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

It’s my understanding that the Trust would have to match the highest offer which is not necessarily the sellers asking price.

Also if the Trust were to purchase 51% and SUFC the remainder that would serve the purpose of protecting the asset from future shenanigans.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Always remember that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

But equally, no one is obliged to sell if they are not happy with the price offered.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Always remember that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

But equally, no one is obliged to sell if they are not happy with the price offered.

Good points but also remember how long can Swann wait, rent for the ground withstanding how long can he wait for the money, any money?

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Raising £66K was impressive.

However, raising £1M is impossible, never mind £3M.

We need an investor or two (or three or four or five…) or a lottery winner!!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Lottery winner is pie in the sky, we need solid investment, I’m sure Michelle and her board will be on the case, we are totally in their hands I believe but she is a proven businesswoman with a solid record, in Michelle we trust.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Lottery winner is pie in the sky, we need solid investment, I’m sure Michelle and her board will be on the case, we are totally in their hands I believe but she is a proven businesswoman with a solid record, in Michelle we trust.

There are grants available too don’t forget !

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Absolutely WG and Michelle will be well aware of that and pursue that avenue if it’s allowed or appropriate in the football clubs case.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

It’s not just the fans that go watch that should be pursued for money, every household should be targeted, adverts everywhere especially downtown in shop windows, target social groups within the town, a big donation day with the tv and media involved, and remember Santa is coming soon let’s all ask for money instead of prezzies, think outside the box and let’s give it a good go.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The first thing that should be looked at is that fabled “strip of land”!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Let’s not put obstacles in the way NI, the trust is hardly likely to develop the ground it matters not.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Maybe not. The truth kinda matters though. Don’t think it will create an obstacle either way

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Maybe not. The truth kinda matters though. Don’t think it will create an obstacle either way

Now knowing what we know, Hilton probably brought that up full knowing he never had the money to pay for the ground in the first place and used that as a stalling tactic. As you said above, I highly doubt we’ll develop it anyway.

The most important thing is just securing it now and have it back in our hands.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Just wanted to know if this was actually a thing or complete bollox!

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Any kind of crowd funding for the full amount is a non starter, can’t see any back loaning on that basis, or Swann accepting funds from a 1500 styled club in a short of HP agreement.
    Swann’s priced is 3 million, he’s never swayed from that.
    The 64 grapevine suggest he’s up for the bulk up front and remainder at a later date. I’ve v also heard the council may have 750k to put in, but that’s politically hard to sell I’d say.
    Before you ask ,I do not know what time restriction would need put on there balance payment.
    I guess the wet dream is a proper 1899 with fans signing up for a monthly amount with what they put in being what they own if it goes wrong and it’s sold. No season tickets no discounts
    That would have to be funded by a wonderful benefactor and interest free loans or Swann accepting it, given the abuse he’s had I’d doubt the latter is a starter and further unlikely.
    The next best option is the club funding 3m quid,not a loan or is it’s debt.
    I cannot possibly see how a shared ownership involving the club can work.
    I can’t see the council or grantstumping up 3m to buy a venue for a private company from an individual

FriendsofScunnyFriendsofScunny
    Participant
    Registered On: September 29, 2023
    Topics: 1

There are grants available too don’t forget !

Indeed there are. Bury bought their ground back from admin, slightly different I know but they did receive a grant of 1 Mill towards it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60438168

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

The 64 grapevine suggest he’s up for the bulk up front and remainder at a later date.

Hilton said himself Swann wanted 2million up front. That’s probably one of the only times he told the truth. If, and this is a big If, the council put that 750k towards it and the board members put 750k in, maybe the other 500k could come via fundraising and a grant ?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant

WonderGoals – that seems like a plan.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

There will surely have to be loans/mortgages to be investigated.
    After a very brief troll across the net – it seems that the interest from a traditional bank business loan on property is between 2% and 13%. We would have solid property so would be well able to keep clear of the many financial sharks out there.
    I think that we could aim to get plenty less than 10%.
    I reckon that less than the famed £20k per month might be possible to feed the loan.

Just dashed this off. Please point out the flaws coz I’ve not been involved in anything like this since 1975. I may be a tad off beam.
    Who is in the know about such matters?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.