Scunny Fans Facebook Group

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Scunny Fans Facebook Group

• Author
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Where does all that leave people like Gareth who does a great job with Iron Army, has he an appropriate licence?, I presume he has the club’s permission to film inside and around the ground but there are loads of you tube vlogs for a huge amount of football clubs run every week in this country, where do they all stand legally?

I imagine that most clubs, SUFC included, turn something of a blind eye to this stuff – the rules around equipment, and the fact that their supporters take photos, videos, whatever (ie. it’s the nature of modern life). However, in the case of these crowd photos I suspect they’ll draw a line and ask the person taking and publishing them to stop because they are intrusive.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Where does all that leave people like Gareth who does a great job with Iron Army, has he an appropriate licence?, I presume he has the club’s permission to film inside and around the ground but there are loads of you tube vlogs for a huge amount of football clubs run every week in this country, where do they all stand legally?

I imagine that most clubs, SUFC included, turn something of a blind eye to this stuff – the rules around equipment, and the fact that their supporters take photos, videos, whatever (ie. it’s the nature of modern life). However, in the case of these crowd photos I suspect they’ll draw a line and ask the person taking and publishing them to stop because they are intrusive.

this.
    They also seem to be being used with the purpose fo identifying people, be it by friends or yourself, after the year we’ve had with nastiness and threats and attempts to discover fans identities ,it’s at best ill advised

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

It’s common sense. There’s a clear line being crossed and I am sure the club (or whoever should do so) will address it.

Do I want to go inside the ground and take photos and videos of the match or of my mates and perhaps put some of them online on my socials? Of course I do, yes.

Do I want to go inside the ground and take photos of people who are unaware that they are being photographed, and then publish them online in a publicly accessible group? No, of course not.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Hull City have banned one of their fans doing vlogs, but they’re a more professional operation than we are right now.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Hull City have banned one of their fans doing vlogs, but they’re a more professional operation than we are right now.

I remember they also tried to kick someone out for texting his girlfriend on some flimsy anti-betting rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49312316

CMCCMC
    Participant

About right when the Allams ran the show there.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Perhaps more to do with questionable tone and content rather than the actual doing of a vlog?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I mentioned these concerns and got the obligatory abuse

CMCCMC
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1019664078503060/

“We’re all in this together to create a welcoming enviroment”

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I seldom bother having a look on the Facebook group – but I just did. It’s so galling to see Herbert on a charm offensive after months of being the abuser-in-chief.

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

Looking for something on the Facebook group to complain about..

Can easily be spotted through the Scunthorpe United photographers

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Eh?

CMCCMC
    Participant

Like you waiting for someone to have a go and when they do you pull the mental health card out?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

What exactly is meant by this post? Naming and shaming via photographs on the Facebook group?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

What exactly is meant by this post? Naming and shaming via photographs on the Facebook group?

He’s suggesting that people do not really have legitimate concerns about this issue, and that they have just been going through the Facebook group actively looking for anything to complain about. Also, that the club posts photos of the crowd and people are identifiable in those – so anyone else doing the same is fair enough (ie. ‘what’s the difference?’)…

I’d say the difference is we have all accepted that the club uses photos in this manner, and have agreed to the potential of being photographed as part of the ‘contract’ effectively signed by buying a ticket.

That’s very different to a non-employee taking photographs of sections of the crowd and posting them online. You would reasonably assume that photos a fan takes at a match and posts online would be of the football – so what is the actual purpose of this person doing this and then posting on Facebook? It could be innocent (‘a bit of fun’) though it lacks good judgement and, aside from anything else, is creepy.

CMCCMC
    Participant

Excellent Ste and Matt

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.