Scunny Fans Facebook Group

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Scunny Fans Facebook Group

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I doubt we’ll ever know the truth surrounding this whole basketcase of comms over the last few months. Beyond bizarre.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Actively looking for Matt Ellis’ address tonight. Looks like it was the wrong bloke

Previously enquired about the identities of Bru members.

Accusing Bru of posted pictures of Hilton’s daughters house when none exist

When this lad acquires a brain cell he’s going to be deadly

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Group’s been paused for new comments. I wonder how Dave will do his statements now.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Now that the Facebook group is on pause…

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I think that this thread is tooinflammatory and was a mistake to leave it,, hindsight is wonderful I know.
    I have had a couple of online chats with Facebook site admin and although we cannot control what people talk about I reckon we can at least control or own posts about each other, both sites or for fans to chat and that must be good

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

There was a lot of anger from being made out to be wanting the club dead from their end, and they didn’t like what they saw as unfair negativity.

It doesn’t matter who was right, but I think there is greater recognition of the situation and worries with Hilton now. JI was right about the thread title and I think it would best to move on and seek common ground with those willing to do so across the board. For any Facebooker or any other fan reading, I apologise if anything I said offended.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

DH arse lickers site

Are they awaking to the repugnant taste yet?

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>DH arse lickers site

Are they awaking to the repugnant taste yet?

My hope ..probably way too over optimistic.. is that out of this mess the fan base will still be able to hold together and we will still have several thousand punters united to re build and move on. Thread titles like this one don’t help! Neither do smug ‘ I told you sos’ on the same theme,Rene.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

My hope ..probably way too over optimistic…stadium becomes supporter owned and supporters / observers / journalists that may justifiably raise concerns and ask legitimate questions of future owners are not systemically insulted and abused over a long period of time. If that can happen, we may have a more positive future. Accusing supporters of posting things they haven’t and doing things they haven’t, certainly isn’t on.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I can see where Facebook and twitter has an advantage in that they don’t have thread titles so the awful dogs abuse aimed at us isn’t highlighted as much. This thread is mild by comparison in it’s actual content.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Certainly is milder. The abuse on Twitter and Facebook also means a large section of the supporter base may well wonder what all the fuss and complaints are about, having not witnessed the burner accounts, doxxing, privacy breaches etc

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I can see where Facebook and twitter has an advantage in that they don’t have thread titles so the awful dogs abuse aimed at us isn’t highlighted as much. This thread is mild by comparison in it’s actual content.

I have to agree with this. We all have opinions and they can be passionately expressed, and occasionally the wording can be ill thought out. But on here I’ve rarely seen the abusive and aggressive tone there has been on the Facebook page in recent times.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant

Still locked up…

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Well, quite CMC. Hope they’re having a rethink about what’s deemed acceptable / what isn’t, who / how it’s moderated etc. Not saying we’re perfect or anything but that platform was in desperate need of review

Participant

I get the feeling that somehow ..and there has been a glimpse of it that was retracted .. pleas for an avoidance of tit for tat and any appearance of stooping to ‘juveniles’ level will be interpreted as being on ‘ t’other side.’
    Whilst the title of this thread remains and posts like Rene’s .. ‘repugnant taste’ .. remain then I’m not too likely to see the Bru as being elevated as far up the moral high ground as we should be.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

It’s really simple, imho. Don’t slag anyone off at a personal level. Ask questions or make your point in a way that shows decency. And if you have concerns about the current owner and the current situation, it is 100% legitimate to have them – it goes with the territory of being a supporter. But be as careful as you can be when putting them across.

I don’t think it’s any more complicated than that. But there are always people looking for a fight, though, or who are unable to accept anyone else’s reality – and actual reality – if it is different to theirs.

CMCCMC
    Participant

Whilst the title of this thread remains and posts like Rene’s .. ‘repugnant taste’ .. remain then I’m not too likely to see the Bru as being elevated as far up the moral high ground as we should be.

It’s tame compared to a quick search of “iron bru” i’ve just gone through on X.

You’d have to request Admin change it.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I get the feeling that somehow ..and there has been a glimpse of it that was retracted .. pleas for an avoidance of tit for tat and any appearance of stooping to ‘juveniles’ level will be interpreted as being on ‘ t’other side.’

It was a tongue in cheek (face), jocular throw away comment.
    Apologies if I’ve offended the hyper sensitive.

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

If the majority of you guys find this post offensive I will delete it but don’t know how to!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

It’s all becoming a tad too WOKE for us old guys who are used to calling a spade a manual agricultural tool for the removal of or digging of soil.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m really not that arsed if this thread stays or goes but I’ll leave it to Matt or the other mods to remove it if they see fit.

RiversRivers
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2021
    Topics: 0

If you can just change the title, what about DH Happy Clappers site?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’ll change it to Scunny Fans Facebook Group for time being but it may just end up getting removed anyway.

CMCCMC
    Participant

If you can just change the title, what about DH Happy Clappers site?

Or “Welcome to Clone Island”

Participant

It was a tongue in cheek (face), jocular throw away comment.
    Apologies if I’ve offended the hyper sensitive.

I made my point. One man’s ‘hyper sensitivity’ may be another’s ‘common decency.’

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I am pleased Deerey changed the title to something more respectful.

I get concerns from JI about keeping civil no matter what. Two wrongs don’t make a right. It’s an emotional time and many will have said harsh words as a result, myself included. I am trying to bear that in mind after last fortnight’s drama. I do want there to be unity and I am pleased Hilton backers have realised the bans are out of order.

I realise many don’t use social media, so won’t have seen the comments on there. However, I think frustrations at abuse from Hilton fans there has bled into the reactions from some of us on here. There has been a laser focus on the behaviour of Hilton critics, but very little compared to the behaviour of those against us from some quarters, as burners gave death threats, doxxes and slander. Mostly from elsewhere; that Facebook group has fewer JIs calling for better behaviour. Hilton joined in with such slander and stoking division. His most ardent fans joined in and felt emboldened. Yet the comments on here has mostly been nothing more than concern, even if it is pervasive. That is not worthy of abuse. For there to be unity, it has to be both ways. I want to see less of the club killer accusations and character assassinations. I would like to see no I told you sos. Unfortunately I have seen some of that return since Monday, and if people are going to be cheering on bans because they don’t like the views of forum admin there won’t be unity. That wouldn’t be the fault of Hilton critics.

Participant

Yep. Nailed it.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Not really makes you all feel better

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Will any more directors resign? I hope not!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Will any more directors resign? I hope not!

Are we still on just the one resignation or has there being more?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.