Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Back to the academy, over to you Admiral

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

So Nelson is the next fall guy, bet he starts getting shit straight after the Notts County defeat this Saturday.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Why let him go back to the academy they appear to be doing quite well without him, Butterfield would be my choice cheap and maybe he’ll stay a bit longer.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant
    Registered On: March 31, 2022
    Topics: 5

Good to see daws honesty and stepping down,his tactics were unable to turn it around. Give Gainsborough a ring,might be a cheap option who might jump at the chance. Or are we going to work our way through the staff, last option Scunny bunny,mind you rabbits tend to dig holes but we are already in a big one

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Bish certainly doing a good job, former player who is well liked but the overriding problems would be at his door as they are with anybody new coming in. Would hate to hear Bish getting booed end of the season because we finished bottom and he could not do enough resource wise because they were not available to him to make the difference necessary. Oh for a new owner and a bit of a capital injection into the club then yes I believe Bish would be welcomed back with a fighting chance of keeping us up.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SD0101SD0101
    Participant

Needs a fresh face ,doing something right there, haven’t had to pay daws off,and employed other staff. Last chance saloon,worth a shot

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Can’t blame him, he’s out of his depth and it’s not worth the hassle.

We are only going to get noddies looking at the job now as it really is a road to nowhere.

Bishop’s got too much about him to drink from the poisoned chalice.

Dons1Dons1
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2022
    Topics: 0

Daws did a good job , went in like the other managers did hoping he could sort the team out . But the recruitment for the last 5 years have been shocking.only KVV playing in a better level

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Why let him go back to the academy

It’ll be in his Interim Managers contract.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

So Nelson is the next fall guy, bet he starts getting shit straight after the Notts County defeat this Saturday.

Nothing will change.
    Same players – same outcome.
    We are 6/1 to beat County.
    Dead Man (Club) Walking!

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Cheers Tony, on a hiding to nothing.
    They’re hoping it puts a few more on the gate for the County match.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Honesty? Probably given no choice.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Needs a fresh face ,doing something right there, haven’t had to pay daws off,and employed other staff. Last chance saloon,worth a shot

We are in Dodge Town Cemetery.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant

Where’s Clint ,with a fist full of dollars when you need him

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Was talking to Ged Hallam yesterday who apart from doing the kit man job at Trinity and is a director there, he told me he has heard the nobody wants the Scunthorpe manager’s job under the present situation, and said he is baffled Finley Shrimpton isn’t in our first team, running the midfield there, and says they signed Harry Lewis on loan as a left back but have moved him to left wing and he is doing well there, we’ve all said he is a winger not a full back.
    But it is the dressing room joke that they will be playing Scunthorpe next season.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Bara is on site at the weekend. Punt him in the dug out

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Worth a punt? 😂

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

It is sad when Notts county come here to find more county fans here than iron fans.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Harry Lewis on loan as a left back but have moved him to left wing and he is doing well there

Surprise, Surprise. Everybody said he was a left winger similar with O’Malley, he’d be better on the wing as well.

Why don’t we play Poulter and some of the youths, they’re battering teams albeit at their age level but they’re scoring loads while doing it. As said Shrimpton is doing really well as well it’s bizarre.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

But many on here seem to have deep-rooted objections to having more than one youngster in any starting eleven, WG. If we were to play three – some would surely go apoplectic.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

But many on here seem to have deep-rooted objections to having more than one youngster in any starting eleven, WG. If we were to play three – some would surely go apoplectic.

I think people like to see promising youngsters in the team but we have also all been scarred by the way Hill completely gave up on last season by turning the first team into a youth team, none of whom are anywhere to be seen this season.

Participant

Youngsters should be nowhere near this team at present; if we were higher up the league with a settled manager/coaching staff and some experienced, competent professional players regularly starting, then yes, throw a couple in by all means. As we used to do years ago with good results.

As last year showed, when you throw them in a poor side all it does it ruin their development.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Fair play to Tony Daws, for having the guts to realise that he does not have the knowledge to change things for the better at Scunny, and resigned from the job as temp manager, most would have just carried on taking the wages, like a few before him have done, so well done Tony.

So the club sale has fallen through ha ha!, did anyone think that it was ever on??, I and a few others have said for many months that Swann will never sell the club as a football club, I would have thought after his many, many lies over the past seven years would have given supporters a clue, to how he works, just scatter a bit of chaff every few months and fans will gobble it up, I would think that the next move will be to stop funding SUFC, I hope that I am wrong guys, but time will tell soon.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Youngsters should be nowhere near this team at present; if we were higher up the league with a settled manager/coaching staff and some experienced, competent professional players regularly starting, then yes, throw a couple in by all means. As we used to do years ago with good results.

As last year showed, when you throw them in a poor side all it does it ruin their development.

Not sure I entirely agree with this. I have a bit of a pet theory that experience is massively over-rated in football, because experience teaches you to be more cautious, to be afraid, whereas the innocence of youth is something to be harnessed. Obviously not to the extent of last season but that’s not an excuse to keep promising young players out of the first team.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Fair play to Tony Daws, for having the guts to realise that he does not have the knowledge to change things for the better at Scunny, and resigned from the job as temp manager, most would have just carried on taking the wages, like a few before him have done, so well done Tony.

So the club sale has fallen through ha ha!, did anyone think that it was ever on??, I and a few others have said for many months that Swann will never sell the club as a football club, I would have thought after his many, many lies over the past seven years would have given supporters a clue, to how he works, just scatter a bit of chaff every few months and fans will gobble it up, I would think that the next move will be to stop funding SUFC, I hope that I am wrong guys, but time will tell soon.

I’d say he has the knowledge but neither the resources, budget, facilities, players, support staff etc to impact the free fall we are in.

Neither will Nelson.

Participant

Not sure I entirely agree with this. I have a bit of a pet theory that experience is massively over-rated in football, because experience teaches you to be more cautious, to be afraid, whereas the innocence of youth is something to be harnessed. Obviously not to the extent of last season but that’s not an excuse to keep promising young players out of the first team.

Especially at the lower levels I don’t think you can buy some of the value that experience offers. One of our biggest weaknesses in the last few years has been game management, it’s not something you can really teach but things are picked up with the more games you play. Look how often we concede at bad times, by bad times I mean within the first 10 mins, right after we score and in the last 10 mins.
    Dawson/bishop/Mirfin/Gilks were the last I can recall that seemed to Marshall and galvanise those around them.

More importantly, I don’t think most of the young players that have come through have been good enough, both technically and physically lacking. Billam-Moore is the one I was quite impressed with so was surprised when he dropped to such a low level this year. Foster looks to have potential too but there’s no way you’d stick a 17 year old in with Boyce/Taft in front of him.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I know it’s pedantic cliff but Clemence was 17 wasn’t he when he got stuck in? However l appreciate Foster is no Clemence.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Especially at the lower levels I don’t think you can buy some of the value that experience offers. One of our biggest weaknesses in the last few years has been game management, it’s not something you can really teach but things are picked up with the more games you play. Look how often we concede at bad times, by bad times I mean within the first 10 mins, right after we score and in the last 10 mins.
    Dawson/bishop/Mirfin/Gilks were the last I can recall that seemed to Marshall and galvanise those around them.

I’m not saying that experience doesn’t have its benefits but are they out-weighed by the ambition, courage, willingness to try new things of youth? I’m not sure.

I’d agree with you that many of the young players thrown into the first team in the last couple of years haven’t shown themselves to be good enough.

I’d like to see more of Wilson & Foster in time, whatever happened to Harvey Cribb?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

They both let 7 (seven) goals in early Daws (doors)!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.