David Hilton Interview

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace David Hilton Interview

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Well if we’re owt like macc you can Cliff, 25.000 to stage an home match alone never mind about wages for full time workers. Hilton says you can still pay through your bank, pay with a cheque, no idea whether they’ll accept paypal, Google pay or Apple pay give it a go. Ps let’s hope Farsley stay up pretty tight down there.

Ben2206Ben
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 5

Sorry for the long post (and I think I am using it as therapy session) but all I can say is that Rome wasn’t built in a day, especially when the previous Rome was all but destroyed because of the previous Emperor’s family decided to let it all fall to wrack and ruin when they couldn’t get their own way (too many instances to mention but we all history and examples).

Personally, I work in the world of I.T. where mistakes do happen, but they are reviewed and learned from so they are not made again in the future so I am looking at the current situation using that view. Even in this world updates take a while to design, develop, test and install and continuous improvement is always happening behind the scenes of the end user.

I suppose it is the adage, the proof will be in the eating. Thankfully we all have a club to support at a level where we should be one of the bigger clubs, but that will provide its own pressures so the new potential first team players should be recruited with that in mind and not only be good enough to perform at this level but also handle the pressures and expectation, not just from the other sides in the division but also the (hopefully) 3000+ home support.

But we must cut our cloth accordingly. If we can only spend what budget, we have then we only spend what we have. Gone are the days of gambling to get into the Championship at all costs, paying stupid inflated wages to crap players who should never have worn the claret and blue shirt but because we have recruited late that is all that are available and the sacking of managers left, right and centre on a whim. We need (and using another I.T. reference) a stable platform for the new update to perform successfully.

Hopefully we only spend a season in the NLN and the get into the FL as soon as we can after that. Easier said than done, if we look at Wrexham they needed (and I will quote someone else) ‘a cheat code’ to get out of the National League after 15 seasons, even then the ‘cheat code’ didn’t work in the first season it was deployed, just so long as we don’t turn into some of the obnoxiousness that some of their fanbase portray (they should be scoring 100+ goals and getting 100+ points using League 1 players in the National League).

The biggest downside is that several local players won’t be able to display their talents in our academies, but would we have seen the likes of O’Malley, Beestin, Pugh, Shrimpton, Wilson, Foster and Gallimore if we were not forced into doing so to plug the gaps because the funds ran out? I would hate to think that their development as players has been harmed because of this, with luck they all have long careers at our club, I just hope that in the next decade we have another 7+ players in our teams that we can say ‘they are one of our own’.

We all have our opinions and that is what makes football great but as in our name we can all stand United and look towards a brighter future.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Still not happy with the season tickets- supporters should be able to commit to a season ticket using a card in 2023. The other option means paying an extra tenner each game for step 2 non league football which will put many off.

Understand the reason for moving the training facility as it stands- however, developing a facility within Scunthorpe should be a priority.

Always knew the academy was going, it’s a shame but it hasn’t produced anything of note for a long time now and will turn into money pit once the EFL funding goes.

Never nice hearing staff will be losing their jobs, but again, the reality of the situation is we are soon to be competing in a league with Buxton and Farsley; we have to become sustainable and that’s going to upset a few along the way.

Not sure how the signing of cat 1 academy will work. Are we permanently signing them and then loaning them out for development ?

Can’t believe the playing staff budget is 30% of turnover, no wonder we are witnessing the dross we are.

I may have been mistaken but i heard it as 30% of the wage bill was players ..not turnover .. that said if correct the other 70% goes on salaries for all other no playing staff so its sad but plenty of room for a cull.
    Dont like the sound of this training in ILK marlarkey .. sounds a bit iffy to me.. but i didnt buy the club Hilts did …. wasnt he in The Great Escape ??? (not this year).. he did cross the wire of death though

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Out – Jimbob McClueless
    In – Big Bren (Rodgers)

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Don’t you think think us training in Ilkeston is a bit dodgy ?. Unwavering support of Jimmy Dean, from what we’ve seen so far he’s useless.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Hilton says it’s probably the best 4G pitch in the country WG so should be alright.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Don’t you think think us training in Ilkeston is a bit dodgy ?. Unwavering support of Jimmy Dean, from what we’ve seen so far he’s useless.

Not ideal, but he gave a decent rationale for it. No drainage on a single pitch isn’t ideal for a team training on it 4 times a week.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I thought I was listening to a pragmatist.
    As time proved, the previous owner was actually a fantasist.
    (Gainsborough was the clue so many of us ignored.)
    Our present clue is Ilkeston.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

This is not to say we shouldn’t be sceptical of Hilton, and I have put forth my own concerns, but we can’t write him off just yet.

The new club owner of barely three months must be heartily relieved he isn’t being written off just yet. FFS 🙄

What is so preposterous about my statement when people like Rene seem determined to write him off and have done since day one?

If your going to use Rene as your yardstick that’s another FFS from me Sidey.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Hilton says it’s probably the best 4G pitch in the country WG so should be alright.

I meant in logistical terms. I was questioning Ilkeston’s facilities.

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Well at least he admitted to using another name,white, but did he use 2 other names too, mellors and Anderson? I wonder why someone would need to do this? Don’t seem right to me, maybe another question to ask him.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

I was, surprisingly, impressed with Hilton’s interview. Hopefully the next 12 months will show us how much he can really do.

Dean, on the other hand,fills me with woe & his outrageous interview yesterday only leads me to believe that he will not be long for these shores. Let’s hope he is gone before he causes too much trouble with the squad – Inc any newbies that come in close season (because he will undoubtedly still be here).

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I think you mean ‘wasn’t’ WG. Agree, a lot more to this than being about facilities. With training and operations moving to Ilkeston and GP only open on matchdays, the club is all but leaving the town. How long before opening GP on matchdays becomes ‘unsustainable’ too? A sceptic might say, ‘can’t you see what’s happening here?’

FLTFLT
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 0

Ilkeston b team money from scunthorpe used to further his dream of league football for Ilkeston

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

“Without any evidence,trolls,spiteful people,who want to see us fail.They are only a handful of people,but certainly the noisiest,and are out there to promote attention and self- importance.”
    Well done Dave to announce you will not fall for the bait.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes, and we’ll done Dave for pointing out its Bury fans. Give the full picture bpg

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

That doesn’t suit his agenda.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Well at least he admitted to using another name,white, but did he use 2 other names too, mellors and Anderson? I wonder why someone would need to do this? Don’t seem right to me, maybe another question to ask him.

Where is your information source from Brassy regarding these other two names you speak of?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

That doesn’t suit his agenda.

What is his agenda aside from owning Scunthorpe United, please inform and discuss.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I didn’t realise bpg owned this football club. :-)

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I didn’t realise bpg owned this football club. :-)

Cross purposes Sidey, apologies, guess it’s all God’s fault after all.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If the Brexit referendum was a football club it would be called Scunthorpe United!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I did know that WG just a bit of sarcasm. Let’s see “I know” let’s try and get ilkeston lge status I’ll buy Scunthorpe spend half a million on clearing their immediate debt then by stealth move them to ilkeston change their name to ilkeston cunning plan there Baldrick (Brassy missed that name out) Or why not spend half a million on getting promotion to be in the same lge as Scunthorpe, do really think he’s as thick as you lot?

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Wow,the people he was talking about are very noisy already.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Well done bpg. Let’s create a bit more division 👍. Is it another neo-Marxist plot, part of the great re-set you bang on about? 🤣

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe Hilton is going to turn the ground into accommodation for boat people, how many can we get in there 8000 and that’s without utilizing the pitch, offices restaurants and bars what a cash cow, why didn’t Swanny think of that instead of selling the football side of things, whatever happened to him liquidating the football side of things and selling the land, very popular scenario on here as I seem to remember.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I think you mean ‘wasn’t’ WG. Agree, a lot more to this than being about facilities. With training and operations moving to Ilkeston and GP only open on matchdays, the club is all but leaving the town. How long before opening GP on matchdays becomes ‘unsustainable’ too? A sceptic might say, ‘can’t you see what’s happening here?’

What are the thoughts of the users of Scunny Twitter & Facebook?
    I don’t know, as I don’t do that stuff.

We are in danger of becoming a ‘ghost club’.

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018
    Topics: 0

In 30 years I’ll be dead and Glanford Park along with much of the Trent Valley will be flooded on every high tide.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

but did he use 2 other names too, Mellors and Anderson?

What’s that all about then?

The Hilton Paradox?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That’s sorry to hear David, best not get buried at woodlands your loved ones won’t you floating up and down the beach.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.