David Hilton Interview

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace David Hilton Interview

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Accounts filing – Hilton said the accounts will be filed at some point next week (W/C 03/04/23) – Still not filed.’

Forgot about those. Is the auditor on an extremely long holiday or summerts? Is Patrick preparing them, in between flipping burgers?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Give the oul boy a chance, 50 Truck Drivers want their bacon and egg cobs in the morning

Deereyme66Deereyme66

He ain’t got no eggs!!!!

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

So when are the accounts going to be filed ?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

[From the Maxwell thread]

SUFC_IRON_ART wrote:

“Also similar ‘Maxwell Cohen Limited’ with 6 outstanding charges against it
    Never mind the charges and the deficit on the balance sheet, their accounts were due for filing at Companies House on 31/03/22, so nearly 13 months overdue.

Hardly a sign of good corporate governance.”

————————————————————————————-

Sometime whenever?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Iron Army – In Conversation with David Hilton (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPr9RIiKyA)

5 MINUTES/50 IN
    When asked, Hilton confirms he has nothing to hide.

Tweet by “hiltonsgroup” –

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The Phoenix will rise.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

The 12th of never?

Participant

I know Hilton’s done a u-turn on training at Ilkeston but you have to question his original thinking after listening to the Iron Army interview. It looks to me like he wasn’t prepared to spend money on a training pitch he will own in a few weeks but he was prepared to spend money on a pitch at Ilkeston which he no longer owns. Why?

Iron Army – In Conversation with David Hilton (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPr9RIiKyA&t=720s)

17 MINUTES/40 IN
    Training pitch at Scunthorpe (owned by Swann) is not fit for purpose. No draining and pitch requires a £27,000 renovation.

24 MINUTES/15 IN
    No fee to train at Ilkeston. There is a grass pitch out the back which will need renovating to enable Scunthorpe to train on it.

57 MINUTES/15 IN
    The pitch (at Ilkeston) needs drainage installing.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

You need help.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

IB, mind me asking what has fuelled your obsession? Genuinely curious.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

The decision to move the training to Ilkeston was explained by Hilton quite clearly. It is actually a logical decision, although it should have been communicated better and perhaps made at a different time.

Hilton is also actively looking for training facilities in Scunthorpe so that conspiracy theory can be put to bed.

I’m happy to read through the information on the chairman’s background if it is going to affect our club, however it’s becoming increasingly clear that this information is threadbare and not really leading anywhere. He’s changed his name a few times and possibly operated in the grey area with his businesses in the past. That’s all that’s really come to light.

In terms of running a football club, the only thing we can really judge him on is Ilkeston. I’ve spoke to a few Ilkeston fans and their local reporter, many in here have interacted with them on social media too- nothing but positive reports and significant investments.

We are a broken and bruised fanbase who aren’t going to trust easily, unfortunately for Hilton the form on the pitch has only fuelled Paranoia and speculation. However, Some of the stuff on social media and whatever happened yesterday outside the ground is leaving a nasty taste.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘He’s changed his name a few times and possibly operated in the grey area with his businesses in the past. That’s all that’s really come to light.’

Not being funny Cliff, but that doesn’t really inspire confidence and trust.

‘unfortunately for Hilton the form on the pitch has only fuelled Paranoia and speculation.’

Not just the form on the pitch though is it? The paranoia and speculation isn’t borne of that. Just my opinion. Hope your faith is justified. We shall see.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

The sticking point will be if the sale of the club goes through and Swann is well and truly kicked into the long grass. Only then a new start can become a reality.

Now if that doesn’t happen and Swann’s still the owner of the clubs assets it will cause an awful lost of angst among the fans and I really wouldn’t want to be in Hilton’s position. Until that goes through nobody will fully trust and believe in him.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

A rocky road ahead these next four weeks?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Some of Hilton’s suffering might be because he’s following a chairman that has destroyed fans faith in chairmen.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 0

Some very good points made here lads.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

I think it’s fair to assume your new primary funder has upset Mr Bystander in some way .

I have not posted for a while as this forum has reverted more to non-football and speculation rather than what it used to be (some good football chat and some funny bits about Swann + I enjoy the podcast ; which seems less frequent now )

Hopefully things get sorted one way or another soon and everyone room to breath for an assault on a league that will not be all that easy to get out of .

FWIW i don’t think a couple of seasons in the NLN would be bad for your club, time to recuperate from the last couple of years , build some foundations and then move forward . It would be good to just start winning games again, when teams go on such a downward spiral it seems hard to turn around .

Good luck next season I will keep my eye on whats happening.
    Rich GY

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Hope the podcasts continue… a lot of people have short memories about what happened only a few months.

Participant

I was forwarded a link to the interview Hilton did after the Torquay game and was asked for my opinion and observations.

I am not obsessed with Hilton. However, the number of red flags hold my interest.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

30 responses in 15 days, I would suggest a little obsessive TBH. A lot of die-hard Iron fans don’t post that many, a few have regular banter and some winding up but then that is fairly normal behaviour on most fans forums but most non fans don’t usually post 30 responses in 15 days. Just saying….

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I was forwarded a link to the interview Hilton did after the Torquay game and was asked for my opinion and observations.

I am not obsessed with Hilton. However, the number of red flags hold my interest.

Fair enough. As I said, genuinely curious. Appreciate the reply. Red flags? Agreed.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Iron Army – In Conversation with David Hilton (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPr9RIiKyA)

5 MINUTES/50 IN
    When asked, Hilton confirms he has nothing to hide.

Tweet by “hiltonsgroup” –

So, what’s he supposed to have done then?
    Ran a red light, forgot to return a library book, litter dropping fine, narcotics, hit man, money laundering?
    I wonder if Sherlock Holmes is free?
    😂

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I guess some would see not returning a library book as being enough to show someone isn’t a fit and proper person to own a football club. Needs investigating.😂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

‘Accounts filing – Hilton said the accounts will be filed at some point next week (W/C 03/04/23) – Still not filed.’

Forgot about those. Is the auditor on an extremely long holiday or summerts? Is Patrick preparing them, in between flipping burgers?

DH, the Nally clan, Hardy – best muckers?
    Joint purchase of the club?
    Can you ‘own’ two non league clubs?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

DH, the Nally clan, Hardy – best muckers?
    Joint purchase of the club?
    Can you ‘own’ two non league clubs?

If it’s the same as running multiple accounts on the same media site then I guess it is 🧐

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’m sure it would be no surprise to anyone if there’s a club statement at some point this week?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

You would have thought so .

SST was right to take that post down of which some one had gone in to great detail about your chairmans alleged past .

If it’s untrue he should be chasing a libel case against people who have put things around various social media; as it’s some pretty damaging stuff .

If it’s all fact I would be very worried for your club , hopefully not and the purchase goes through .

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

One way or another it’s fairly obvious he has really pi*ssed at least one person off to want to go to all the trouble of creating some sort of detailed dossier.

Participant

I have relistened to Hilton’s interview on the club’s website which was released on 02/04/23.

43 MINUTES IN
    Accounts filing – Hilton said the accounts will be filed at some point next week (W/C 03/04/23) – Still not filed.

Still not filed and another week passes us by.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.