Darlo on Tuesday.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Darlo on Tuesday.

• Author
    DFCAnthDFCAnth
    Participant
    Registered On: January 24, 2024
    Topics: 0

Good theory, however we (Darlo) get very little, if anything at all, from food and drink sales on match days due to being tenants. The majority goes to the Rugby Club, and a lot of Darlo fans actually refuse to buy anything at the ground because of this. It is also one of the reasons we as fans have to “boost the budget” every summer – we only really generate revenue through ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorship and hospitality. Until we have our own ground we can use outside of match days we’ll struggle to go higher than we are now.

In regards to last night, driving to the game about 6.45 we got caught in the downpour and struggled to see the car in front whilst on the A66. Then walking to the ground we got soaked through – essentially 30 minutes of torrential rain. The weather prior to this had been generally ok and the pitch all day was fine.
    Apparently there were areas in the centre circle where the ball didn’t bounce / roll very well. When we arrived there was several people stood in the centre circle inspecting the area and obviously made the decision then to call the game off. Rumours of postponement started about 15 minutes before an official announcement (first tweet was from our club commentator starting the game was off).

Annoyingly after the decision was made the rain seemed to clear and walking back to the car was fine. I think they should’ve delayed K.O. by 15 minutes and given it a try. It was windy but that was it.
    I think the club will need to cover the policing costs and for your travel which is a shame given the decision was out of their control.

wotnowbrncowwotnowbrncow
    Participant
    Registered On: February 1, 2019
    Topics: 1

I agree with a delayed K.O.
    By the time we’d got round the pitch and queued for our refund voucher it had cleared up completely and by the time we got back to the car my coat had dried out thanks to the wind!

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

I heard that the ref dug her heels in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.