Darlington (H)

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Darlington (H)

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Cannot believe anyone would question WGs astute match assessments. Shocking.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Lol Daz “So f*uck it ain’t gonna come down from York to watch the match” and you say my comment was more like from a school child, I was only reacting to your post and it got the comment it deserved, you really didn’t go because you didn’t get a phone call back lol, you’d have had to have gone to a ticket outlet no matter what, guess it’s a lessoned learned for you with your hectic schedule.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

I did not see a need at the time as she rarely goes to football and the few times I took her to GP over the previous 2 seasons I was able to get them through the ticket office by a simple phone call.

The fact still remains that by simply taking up the offer when purchasing your ticket then your Daughter would have the seat next to you if and when she wanted to come to a game at no extra cost to you, and no extra phone calls/messages on social media tyring to sort out a problem you didn’t need to have.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

If Daz doesn’t get a season ticket next time round, I don’t blame him.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And I wouldn’t blame the club for not letting Daz have a season ticket next time, causing issues that need not have happened, all that hassle for them checking whether he’s a season ticket or not, is address, asking one’s self is he still entitled to a free ticket, printing it out, putting it in an envelope, someone having to find said envelope all while holding someone else up in the queue who just wants to buy a ticket.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

annot believe anyone would question WGs astute match assessments. Shocking.

You have to take into consideration the two people who questioned my assessment have a combined age which would probably compete with jesus. Eyes won’t be the best, will they ?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Ever the charmer

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

just catching up with the last 2 days worth of Iron action and on the pitch it seems things are improving at a pace … great performance and result v Darlo .. well done to all who attended to make it such a good atmos.

I much prefer logging in after a great result ..just got to avoid those anti DH legal topic surreptitiously placed to quell the fan buzz after such a fantastic evening and result

WGs .. still not sold on your HMS piss the league but that performance hasnt done it any harm

UTI

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Happy to keep logging on, seeing and contributing to positive and negative posts about on and off field matters and ignoring the few ‘anti DH posts’, unless I feel like commenting on them. Simple really.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Happy to keep logging on, seeing and contributing to positive and negative posts about on and off field matters and ignoring the few ‘anti DH posts’, unless I feel like commenting on them. Simple really.

Yeah i thought that after i posted .. still got beer n totty goggles on from mi bizz trip

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I did not see a need at the time as she rarely goes to football and the few times I took her to GP over the previous 2 seasons I was able to get them through the ticket office by a simple phone call.

The fact still remains that by simply taking up the offer when purchasing your ticket then your Daughter would have the seat next to you if and when she wanted to come to a game at no extra cost to you, and no extra phone calls/messages on social media tyring to sort out a problem you didn’t need to have.

The fact still remains that I rang the club ticket line 5 times, left 2 messages, and even reached out to them on Twitter and did not receive a single response back.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant

Lol Daz “So f*uck it ain’t gonna come down from York to watch the match” and you say my comment was more like from a school child, I was only reacting to your post and it got the comment it deserved, you really didn’t go because you didn’t get a phone call back lol, you’d have had to have gone to a ticket outlet no matter what, guess it’s a lessoned learned for you with your hectic schedule.

My original comments were me expressing my justified exasperation with the club for making it so much harder than it was last season and the season before, and unlike youself, at no point was I attempting to take cheap shots at fellow supporters!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘WGs .. still not sold on your HMS piss the league but that performance hasnt done it any harm’

I am more than I was. Bottom line is its full timers v part timers every match and that’s a huge advantage. Particularly evening matches and as the season progresses. Our players should always be fitter and sharper than whoever they’re playing, especially when other teams are flagging and hitting walls after Christmas period

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

‘WGs .. still not sold on your HMS piss the league but that performance hasnt done it any harm’

I am more than I was. Bottom line is its full timers v part timers every match and that’s a huge advantage. Particularly evening matches and as the season progresses. Our players should always be fitter and sharper than whoever they’re playing, especially when other teams are flagging and hitting walls after Christmas period

Good point DM .. as also commented on Ironarmy that Darlo players looked heavy legged second half ..oh and grassgate was put to bed , GP pitch had been trimmed since the PS game.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And what’s so wrong having a dig at a fellow supporter when he’s spat his dummy out big time, one of the worst excuses of non attendance of a match I have come across. Was beaten years ago when one of the lads at work yes at work said is mum told him he had to tidy his bedroom out.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant

@Awaywego – Still fishing I see!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

annot believe anyone would question WGs astute match assessments. Shocking.

You have to take into consideration the two people who questioned my assessment have a combined age which would probably compete with jesus. Eyes won’t be the best, will they ?

This is a football forum, watching football people see different things and have different opinions, this is the place to air and discuss them. There is no need to try and be clever if somebody doesn’t share your opinion. With age comes wisdom, you might still have some way to go, I’m happy where I am.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I’d rather read Burney’s analysis of the game than others’ analyses of our legal system!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Heavy leggedness was mentioned a lot by Coxy on Humberside IFA. Along with the importance of not sitting back and getting at em. Oh the irony Neil….

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’d rather read Burney’s analysis of the game than others’ analyses of our legal system!

At least you get a laugh out of the former

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

I rang the club ticket line 5 times, left 2 messages, and even reached out to them on Twitter

Every single one of them completely avoidable with a click of a mouse.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Heavy leggedness was mentioned a lot by Coxy on Humberside IFA. Along with the importance of not sitting back and getting at em. Oh the irony Neil….

you have cheered me up a tad DM .. just being informed Cox was on commentary duty again eased my depression at missing the game.. and yes when he was gaffa he constantly pressed on the players to attack and not sit back , didnt he ??? nice bloke but could talk a glass eye to sleep.

Awaywego I had quite a good excuse for missing even listening to the game ..a mate here is in real estate n when he bags a good sale takes us all out on the lash, free flow piss,champers a slap up feed followed by soapy massage “hotel” ..henceforth i went missing in action the 2 days over the Darlo fixture.

i dont missing every game if we win 4-0 every time.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Remember Coxy watching matches in the DRE at the OSG before he became senior.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Didn’t go myself IFA, didn’t listen to it if I’m not there I dont listen. Glad you enjoyed your sesh take it you ment to put ” mind” in your last sentence.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

so a club that needs fans can’t be bothered to answer the phone and awaywego blasts the fan for it?
    Dumbest way to run a business if that’s what we can expect ,what if we start getting fans wanting to come backand give us much needed funds ,will they just not bother selling tickets, go bust and blame the fans for not coming? and continue blaming Swann ?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Not meant in an arrogant way but we are too big to be a part time outfit. The problem will only be amplified if we continue winning games and the crowds begin to increase.

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

The club is open 8 til 4 but not every day.Just check with the website where it tells you when open

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I highlighted the ticket and phone issue last season (can’t be arsed to find it) I learnt from it so should others, what don’t people understand that Hilton is cutting back on staff and it might affect us all just work round it, the club have treat us like shit for years but we still go, said before I try and give Scunny the least amount of money I can, I pay to get in and that is it at home, that’s why I’ve mainly gone away (bit of a clue to my name there) if some diddle dong can’t be arsed to get all the season tickets he’s entitled to then he’s a fool especially as it appears he was doing the same thing last season, Like I say scunny commercial side are shite and don’t care about us, look what they’ve done for the Curzon Ashton game there selling tickets on their behalf on a Scunthorpe utd ticket because Curzon don’t sell tickets what the f, that means everyone who’s going has to go the club shop and buy one no e-tickets available, don’t they have a print shop in Ashton? no we’ll just inconvenience our own fans thanks, personally not really bothered in this case I see it as helping a little club out. Don’t expect our club to have your best interests at heart it ain’t gonna happen never has never will like I say just work round it.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Didn’t go myself IFA, didn’t listen to it if I’m not there I dont listen. Glad you enjoyed your sesh take it you ment to put ” mind” in your last sentence.

Correct a typo ..
    BTW im on a roll as along with my little treat i won the lottery yesterday … alas it was for 2 numbers 44 quid sadly not millions so cant buy SUFC just yet ,its 2 quid a ticket, winnings enough to buy a new Scunny shirt maybe ???

I just watched the lomg version of the game 11+ minutes Darlo FC YT vid with a lot more action than than the goals.. gives an honest reflection on the game and some nice things said by the visiting Darloites.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There not saying nice things about their own club on fanbanter lol, Parody of us over the last couple of years I just thought it was funny because it was sill at scunny.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.