Darlington (H)

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Darlington (H)

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Well that’s 4 season ticket holders not going tonight we’re not going either, I imagine the crowd will be well down tonight though imagine we will be counted as going.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Good of you to not go in protest over Daz’s issue awaywego.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

All sounding very positive at half time on Humberside. Look forward to seeing the Whitehall free kick on highlights

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Beeston, nice. These home night matches should be a big advantage, full timwrs v part timers who might have been working most the day then travelling. Mentally and physically second best.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Top of the league.

Christ, it’s been a while!!

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I’ve just taken a screenshot of the table, printed it off and framed it.

Could be my only chance!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

A really good performance tonight and a fully deserved win including some cracking goals. Darlo basically ran out of steam and the Iron were just persistently in their faces for the whole game. First twenty minutes second half Darlo had a lot of possession but could do nothing with it as the Iron just pressed them into errors which resulted in many back passes to their own keeper or meaningless balls punted forward which came to nothing. Dean got his tactics and his subs spot on, when Elliot and the Tea Boy ( Sembie Ferris ) came on at 75 minutes gone, Darlo’s legs had gone and they both just tore big holes in their struggling back four. The home end was vocal all night and the crowd was the same as Saturday but Darlo brought almost 400 fans so the atmosphere all game was terrific, fair play to them for coming down to Scunny on a Tuesday night to see their team battered. It’s early days but we have started well and on tonight’s showing we will be a massive threat this season that’s for sure. Well done guys a really good team performance tonight ⚽👍👏👏👏

5 users thanked author for this post.
    barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

Yes, the DRE was in great voice tonight. Our third goal must have been about 20 passes ??? UTWI

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Certainly sounded loud on the radio. Good effort

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Whitehall not happy been subbed ,wanted his hatrick

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Whitehall not happy been subbed ,wanted his hatrick

Strikers are never happy when subbed on two goals but Dean was correct because both subs brought fresh legs and extra impetus to the team and we scored two more goals in the last fifteen minutes as a result of proper game management. Whitehall was excellent tonight and his contribution was immense but the manager was right in his substitutions IMO, it’s a squad game and tonight Dean rotated his squad perfectly at the right time.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Can’t disagree with that Ironawe. In possession we look a cut above, great movement on and off the ball, didn’t force the chances and we got that bit of luck missing from Saturday.

Really pleased to see Whitehall bag 2 after Saturday- the free kick was superb. Clunan and Denton impressed also.

Good to see the subs have an impact; Elliot looks sharp and when he gets that first goal I expect more to follow.

Crowd were in terrific voice all game, including the Darlo fans before they fell behind. 3,400 on a Tuesday night is a great effort all round

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Guess the malaise has gone Ironawe glad they finally put it together will do them the club and the fans a world of good, long way to go but at least it’s a start we’ve been waiting for.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Cracking game, we were just too strong for them. Whitehall probably did want his hatrick, but as Iron-awe says, the subs were spot on. Darlo couldn’t cope with Sembie Ferris and Elliot coming on at that point. Elliot could have had 3 himself in the last 10 minutes.
    Credit to the Darlington fans who made it feel like an actual league game. Darlo’s keeper Taylor took some stick in the second half but to be fair he applauded the DRE at the final whistle.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

A very good result and performance from the lads, I had forcast a 3-0 win and possibly more.
    But to haVE AN ATTENDANCE OF 3,392 on a Tuesday evening, following an home match on Saturday was a brilliant effort by the supporters, I thought it would be about 2,680, so well done you fans, and in full voice aswell.

Now top of the League, so keep it up guys, and lets get back to where we should be, but for that to happen, this ownership mess must be sorted out very, very soon, our fans do not deserve grown so called men behaving like spoiled children.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

The excitement is back!
    Cam Wilson signing autographs and having selfies with young fans was great to see.
    Great night and hopefully more to come.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

might get one more bill before final curtain

Participant

…you hope.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Fantastic performance. Clunan, Whitehall and Denton were especially superb. Sembie ferris looked great when he came on, as did elliot. Nice to see Beestin doing what he does/did best in breaking forward and calmly finishing.

Special mention to Clunan though. I can’t quite understand how the hell he was playing at Kings Lynn last season and even why he’s with us this season. Completely ran the game from CM and you can just tell he’s well above this level. I know it’s only one game but if he keeps these type of performances going, he’d be able to play league 1 level and do a job.

I think he’s that good.

HMS Piss The League hit turbulent waters on Saturday but she’s hit full speed now, long may she continue.

Maybe Jimmy is a pretty decent manager after all ?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Far too many Iron fans adore their knee jerk judgements, WG.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Can only agree/repeat what has already been said, fantastic all round performance from players and management, didn’t sample the food but my lad said his burger was insanely good served quickly as well. Have to agree with the reply to the complaint about not being able to get his Daughter a ticket, no excuse when you are offered a free season ticket when you buy an full price one.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

A very good result and performance from the lads, I had forcast a 3-0 win and possibly more.
    But to haVE AN ATTENDANCE OF 3,392 on a Tuesday evening, following an home match on Saturday was a brilliant effort by the supporters, I thought it would be about 2,680, so well done you fans, and in full voice aswell.

Now top of the League, so keep it up guys, and lets get back to where we should be, but for that to happen, this ownership mess must be sorted out very, very soon, our fans do not deserve grown so called men behaving like spoiled children.

Completely agree. On the pitch, it is probably looking like the best it’s been in years. If Hilton could act like a professional and do his duties off it, if Swann could drop the ego and both come to a solution, we would have little to worry about.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 104

might get one more bill before final curtain

I didn’t spot you in your t-shirt last night, did anybody? I expected at least a lap of GP at half time so we could all show our appreciation. ( No that’s not the word I’m looking for, what is it?)

I was very impressed by Tyler Denton last night and Wilson’s attitude. No duds at all.
    Thought Clunan was OK but no more than that WG.
    Best passing performance I’ve seen for several seasons, the last two we could barely string three passes together.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Watched the goals this morning, a good nights work.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

A good night for Jimmy Dean too; Made the correct subs at the right time and showed some tactical nous by altering it slightly 2nd half to nullify Darlo’s only threat with the long ball.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Had to do a double take on Whitehall’s goals.

Thought the second was a replay of the first!

Could have and should have been two points clear at the top.

Or am I getting carried away?

Ex OfficioEx Officio
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 3

A mark of the DREs contribution – especially throughout the second half was that the visiting keeper (Taylor) applauded them at the final whistle. Well done lads (and lasses)!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Could have and should have been two points clear at the top.

Or am I getting carried away?

Yes and yes.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

“Absolutely no sympathy with you Daz”

Awaywego, I ain’t after your sympathy, was just posting my exasperation at how difficult it is to get additional tickets when needed.

“the club offered you not 1 but 2 season tickets for u12’s for free,why did you not take up their offer?”

I did not see a need at the time as she rarely goes to football and the few times I took her to GP over the previous 2 seasons I was able to get them through the ticket office by a simple phone call.

“You could have just gone a bit earlier and sorted it at one of the ticket outlets ”

I work for a large company and manage staff in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and AMER. With the numerous meetings and my heavy workload most day’s don’t wrap up until around 6:30PM. I don’t live local and the drive from my house to the ground takes an hour.

“Are you going to send your season ticket back in as a protest lol”

That is the sort of silly comment I expect from a school child, not a grown ass adult!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Cassidystash- “thought Clunan was OK but no more than that “.
    I agree.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.