Curzon Ashton

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Curzon Ashton

• Author
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Oh it’s a complete disaster, we are now second in the league 😂 we will be fine, anyone thinking we will win every game or not lose a few at any rate are deluded. We beat Darlington 4-0 playing with one striker up top ,we go to Curzon and start with one striker then go two up top second half and lose narrowly to a team defending a lead, oh and we hit the bar late on playing in a swimming pool. That’s life that’s football, on to the next match and let’s get three points. UTI.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Quite.
    CA played okay. They were a tidy side but I can only recall a single chance on our goal – that was the real sickener.
    There was a spell of 90 seconds in the first half where we made three chances; we hit the bar near the end; there were a fair number of shots on target and their GK proved competent. A few near misses – one from Evans. But you just knew that our superiority was not going to bear fruit.
    The two CMs being out was clearly the main reason we lost.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

They were making a lot of it on radio about the rain late on les, what was your take on it and should the game have been stopped?

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

While on about injuries,the lad dual registered with Gainsborough was stretched off with suspected broken ankle today.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

It was arguable.
    The fans near me were joking about the game being abandoned as a get-out.
    I once saw a game we won away at Carlisle with worse conditions underfoot. Water was bad but we controlled the ball astonishingly well.
    The hail wasn’t going to take an eye out.
    The best argument for cancellation was that there was lightning around and about. Now that can be dangerous – but there wasn’t all that much.
    The ref was an almost complete bleep bleep! (We gave him 4/10.)
    He loved his whistle and was totally annoying.
    The one and only thing in his favour was that the result was not down to him.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Tough game. Had the majority of the possession but rarely threatened other than long range efforts. We Struggled to break them down, as soon as they were out of possession they set up camp and defended brilliantly, we were playing at far too slow a tempo; need to switch the style now and again as I don’t think it’s the last time we will come against a team set up like that.

Nothing too concerning though, good chance on Monday to put things right

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

football wise totally dominated the game plenty of chances just didn’t get the rub of the green heho, the game should have been stopped and not abandoned at the time to be fair to Curzon with a goal lead he should have taken the players off for 20 mins, the ref didn’t get hold of the ball to see if it would bounce or roll along the ground, it would have been called off due to the next storm piss poor reffing throughout,Butterfield had to chip the ball up to kick it forward, bit naive plenty of tackles when one of our players could have stayed down and got stretchered off leaving the ref with an harder decision to carry on or not,great little ground take note Hilton, would make a perfect starter ground for us and for us to add on later, shambles organisation on their part obviously never had a big crowd, stewards from Oldham at the game they were very good just took the segregation to far, seated people couldn’t use the catering 10 yards away and had to walk 2 sides of the ground to get food ffs, shite day all in all, bus took 2 hrs 40 from glanny park due to traffic much the same on the way home, luckily we didn’t get held up to much for the selfish inconsiderate bastard who jumped off a bridge onto the motorway on the other side of the motorway the queue was stopped for 5/6 miles hope no one missed a flight.

Participant

Thought it was a tidy little set up considering they only pull in home crowds of 250.

If there’s one day you needed a roof over the away end too…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

All else pales when hearing your view on the ‘jumper.’ I guess you’ve never walked with a person contemplating suicide or battling extreme depression.Believe me ..that person in his last moments..or his Mum ..or wife and kids ..or mates ..won’t be agonising over the undoubted inconvenience caused to football supportersor anyone else. I recognise your frustration ..but just think you’d have been better leaving that detail out or at least rephrasing your sentiments.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Unfortunately Awaywego has a habit occasionally of going down the ” aren’t I a clever boy routine” and invariably he comes across as the insensitive prat he really is.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

According to Jimmy Dean Clunan, roberts and law will be 2 weeks away and beestin 4-6 weeks. Clunan and Beestin are huge misses and I would argue Clunan’s even more of a miss because he get’s everything moving in midfield, without him it’s a bit slow and ponderous.

Shrimpton’s not the answer and Pugh and Rance are spoilers. I’d be tempted to get a loan in if possible or somebody in on a short term deal till January. Take Clunan out of the centre of the pitch and we evidently suffer.

Conditions were crap, ref was crap and we were too slow with the ball. I’m sure we’ll put this right Monday.

Participant

If Rance/Shrimpton/Pugh are not good enough, why on earth are we offering them contracts and paying them wages just to bring in a loan player ?

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Well itdid not go to plan today,one thing that did go in our favour was that most of the top teams in the league also had poor afternoons, and as IA says we are still secobd in the league, with a chance of putting things right on Monday afternoon. F me, I was all set to listen the game on RH, but the sickener was that bloody Hull rugby game was on, even though they were playing at home and Scunny were away, I have always stated, AWAY MATCHES SHOULD BE GIVEN PRIORITY, because fans can turn out for home games, but who the hell in their right mind wants to listen to rugby anyway.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

BS it was on Humberside on Freeview 721 on your TV, kept dipping in and out due to some technical errors but it only deferred to the rugby when that happened. Probably lost no more than 5 minutes of the commentary over the 90. Scunny have been on Freeview for all their away games this season, always check it out in future.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

Commentary was piss poor ..it seems every week there are “technical issues”

Re the footy .. Scunny dominated but too slow and sideways , no cutting edge to get in on goal and paid the price with a goal conceded from one of only two chances the home side created. We need to get used to teams playing a deep 5 4 1 against us and find a way to break them down.
    As i commented earlier Clunan not playing would be a massive hit and so it turned out , yes we have players to cover but Pugh Shrimpton are not a Clunan. (missed Beestin as well).

Atrocious weather last 20 mins really played into Curzon hands no way the ref was gonna call it off ..maybe if it was 0-0 ,alas thats history and move on to Monday which is a quick turnaround so no time to dwell on today and hopefully 3 points in front of a bumper crowd and a great atmos.

Im not one for missing detail and watched the Danny Elliot post match interview and rather an amusing incident in the back ground as what looked like a red haired bride givin it rock all as same as for SUFC not all going swimmingly on the big day ???

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/august/-player-danny-elliott-reflects-on-a-frustrating-day-at-curzon-ashton/

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

I have long complained that Beestin’s excellence was only ever seen in patches.
    This season he is a considerably better player who gives full measure. He now makes a genuine difference.
    Butterfield had a decent game and Fin certainly put a solid shift in but the ‘midfield magic’ we have been seeing was absent.
    Thought that Denton playing wide and up front didn’t quite work – same applied to Ferris. That may just have been because of the way the CA defence was organised
    Good move by JD to abandon the experiment but felt sorry for Kelly who had generally played well.
    Just a random thought, could he cover the Beestin role?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Like I said whoever it was totally selfish and inconsiderate open your eyes, by the look of things passing it was lucky that no one else was killed or injured god knows how, anyone traveling yesterday it was nose to tail most of our journey for someone to put someone’s else’s life at risk just to kills oneself is all of the above, today is the birthday of my nephew who committed suicide maybe not in dramatic circumstances but suicide all the same so don’t get all self righteous , and what a coincidence his parents had an inconsiderate jumper land on their car jumping from the Humber bridge luckily only glancing it so don’t talk about trauma to me after what we have been through, it just doesn’t end with the jump there’s the disruption to life, the coroner’s court all that wasn’t requested through some selfish act plenty of ways to kills oneself without causing risk of life and limb to anyone else. Ps have said before I have no filter and little empathy I call a spade a spade and see life in a very black and white way that’s me.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Back to the football Ogle was piss poor yesterday, worst game I’ve seen him play.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Smiler at Tamworth said it wasn’t the police doing but then again he is a t*****.

RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023
    Topics: 0

“We will rout them!”

“They aren’t a good team!
    They are there to be spanked!
    We will have another decisive win!
    Go and give them hell lads and exert our will power on this league!
    Let everyone fear us!”

“I’m going to predict our third clean sheet on the bounce and a 3-0 victory to us at 28/1”

“I’m going for an away win in fact I will back us to win every game this season in the league”

Not respecting the opposition leads to results like this.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I would hope Dean is not relaying the thoughts of over-exuberant fans in the dressing room before a game.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

“We will rout them!”

“They aren’t a good team!
    They are there to be spanked!
    We will have another decisive win!
    Go and give them hell lads and exert our will power on this league!
    Let everyone fear us!”

“I’m going to predict our third clean sheet on the bounce and a 3-0 victory to us at 28/1”

“I’m going for an away win in fact I will back us to win every game this season in the league”

Not respecting the opposition leads to results like this.

Totally agree .. i had a sneaky feeling it might go pear shaped yesterday but still predicted a draw. I hope this serves as awake up call to both fans n the team that this isnt gonna be a walk in the park … what say you WGs and HMS piss the league ?? we hit stormy seas yesterday and looked rudderless when trying steer through the CA defense and by the end needed life jackets and a Mayday Mayday

UTI

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Not defensive then Awaywego.🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

We can’t afford another misfire tomorrow.
    Another defeat and all the old doubts could begin to reappear.

Participant

In fairness, anyone who’s been to at least 2 games this season doesn’t no longer need a wake up call. We’ve got the gist of how difficult games, in particular away games, will be.

It’s only the occasional oddball on the Facebook group backing 5/6-0 wins every week that’s tarnished the majority of supporter feeling.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Rance/Shrimpton/Pugh

Rance and Pugh simply aren’t the type of midfielders who can come in and replace Clunan. Those two are spoilers, not playmakers. Pugh is
    good enough when you want him as a simplistic spoiler but not when it comes it dictating play.

Shrimpton I suppose possibly could but he’s going to need a while to get up to speed and hasn’t got the required experienced to impact the team like Clunan does. Rance I agree should never have signed that extension though, I will give you that. I said the same at the time.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

BS it was on Humberside on Freeview 721 on your TV, kept dipping in and out due to some technical errors but it only deferred to the rugby when that happened. Probably lost no more than 5 minutes of the commentary over the 90. Scunny have been on Freeview for all their away games this season, always check it out in future.

Yes Iron-awe, it states that on RH, but I have tried a few times and never managed to get it, I really do not know how to get it pal. I will ask one of my lads to show me, but I still think that away games shoult be given preferance to the main two RH channels.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

We can’t afford another misfire tomorrow.
    Another defeat and all the old doubts could begin to reappear.

Full throttle V8 today!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Curzon are 3-0 up away at Warrington after 70 minutes.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

‘Ogle was piss poor yesterday’.
    We were trying to work out why Max and Regan seemed to be swapping roles. Ogle looked to be spending a noticeable portion of the game playing right CB. No goals were conceded when he covered that position.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.