Crowd Funding – Just Giving

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Crowd Funding – Just Giving

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

A ‘rescue’ fund?
    If 10,000 people around the world donated £100, then we’d have £1m survival money.
    Naive and / or happy clapper over optimistic?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Even 5,000 people donating fifty quid would raise £250,000 to stave off administration.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Set it up then SOS.

Promote via social media.

You never know!

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Why would you give money when the owner is still Swann??

Get him gone and I’ll happily throw £100 in, but while he’s still here that money could make it easier for him to stay longer term so I just can’t see this helping!

If it’s a crowd fund to give the consortium an extra million pound then let’s get it going!!

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Was talking on Sunday why aren’t the trust doing something, why not have talks with Ian and let the trust have a fund to buy part of the club never to be sold, my 1000 pounds waiting.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Was talking on Sunday why aren’t the trust doing something, why not have talks with Ian and let the trust have a fund to buy part of the club never to be sold, my 1000 pounds waiting.

Agree 100% – The Iron Trust should be leading this. I have £500 waiting, and will happily donate a regular £150 each month to keep the club afloat!

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Wow, Daz. Wow!

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

To join the Trust costs £10 for life!

I doubt if they have any “real” money to spare!

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Awaywego & Daz, have you bothered to get in touch with the Iron Trust?

It’s always somebody else who has to do the legwork…….

Too little too late.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

What’s the point of the Trust if they were to only ever act on outsiders’ suggestions? As voice of the fans they should be doing something to represent us in our time of need. It would be a bit ridiculous to set up something which can be used as an outlet for things like this then palm off responsibility to non-members for any perceived lethargy.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017

Can the fans director organise anything?

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Can the fans director organise anything?

Now that IS funny!!! What has the guy done since his appointment?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Not only the Iron Trust.

OSC?
    WI?
    SULSESC – This is your time to shine?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Ironironiron, to be honest there more interested in pedaling their own wares at the corner at every home game than helping the club, all I know is if you set something up like the trust you need to take an interest in the plight and channel there efforts into actually doing something. Obviously not to late Ian and Simon still need funding to get it over the line, do you believe they aren’t aware of the situation and can’t come up with anything to help?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Agreed; I am also disappointed by the lack of action from the Trust and other groups. I don’t expect intricate details of a takeover process but the lack of information we have received is poor. The Trust should act as a rallying point for supporters to throw their support behind.

Additionally, I have resisted criticising Neil Wright but his role as fans director is redundant at best, he was elected by the Iron trust and seemingly does nothing to enlighten supporters on the ongoing situation. Our only information is rumours on Twitter or leaked bits of info from SST.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

I am not supporting the Trust, although I am a member.

It just seems that when people have their bright ideas they always suggest that somebody else carries it out.

If you have an idea why not approach the Trust and get their support?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There would be no point having a trust if someone else carries out what they should be doing, people will listen to a recognized organization not to someone they don’t know. The Southend trust come up with numerous ideas and funding to help their club. I suppose if they are all like you on the trust ironironiron it sounds has if it will be to much hassle for them.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

There would be no point having a trust if someone else carries out what they should be doing, people will listen to a recognized organization not to someone they don’t know. The Southend trust come up with numerous ideas and funding to help their club. I suppose if they are all like you on the trust ironironiron it sounds has if it will be to much hassle for them.

I agree that the Trust has not torn up any trees, but if people would listen to them then you would be best to go to them with your ideas and ask for their support.

As I do not live in the area I am unable to commit to attending meetings. I have been disappointed with what they have achieved to date (or not achieved), but it is more than most others have done.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

£190,000 tax bill

190,000 / 3,000 = £63.33

Do we have 3,000 fans willing to throw £63.33 in to save the club?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

No

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Topics: 4

But some that will put in more than 63 quid

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 36

Ok, so non of us want to line the pockets of this disgusting owner. Unfortunately he has ring-fenced his interests so that he gains whether we survive as a football club or not. Even if the Iron sinks without a trace, Coolsilk will still own the ground and all the surrounding land.

I can’t say on here how much I despise PS. But we are going to have to pay him off and get rid. Time is running out…

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

We shouldn’t pay their tax bill for nothing in return

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Anyone up for re-mortgaging their house?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Apart from fundraising via the Trust with funds to go to the club (ring fenced for staff wages maybe?) didn’t Simon say on the radio yesterday that they’re still looking for consortium support? That’s the other route I suppose. Just a suggestion.

Participant

We shouldn’t pay their tax bill for nothing in return

“Their tax bill?”

It is our tax bill by law, if we are to survive we have no choice! I hate this too, there again there is much to hate about the state we are in and why.

fans6464

Its not our” tax bill at all .Neither you or I own any part of SUFC.

Participant

There is no need to be pedantic, the Iron is our club regardless of whom owns it. Owners, managers and players all come and go. We remain as the lifeblood of the club. Even as we tumble down and out of the football league.

UP THE IRON!

fans6464

Don’t be ridiculous.if your favourite supermarket doens’t pay it’s paye do you pay it? It’s a private business that plays on loyalty when it wants it .We’ve been told we’re not needed so paying for their mistakes is not on
    As the Americans say, no taxation without representation and any trust led has to involve a quid pro quo.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Sorry about that part posting, what I was trying to say was, the club and it’s assets belong 100% to this evil guy that does not give a toss for anyone else but his hated self.

I would give as much as I possibly could to the club, but whilst this guy is still running things to suit himself, and has an obviouse distinct hatered of SUFC fans, I do not think that there would be much of a responce while he is still hear, and if we admit it, he is never going to sell the club to anyone. Actually he should never have been allowed to missmanage our club like he did, and after running up debts of about £14 million by his stupidity, then sign over all the clubs assets to his own company to pay for his errors, what hated evil person could even think of doing that to about 8,000 followers.

The other thing being all money collected would be soon be gone, and it would have to be an on going and never ending activity, it takes a lot of cash to operate a football club, and with ours being in never ending downward direction it is an impossible road to take.

‘Our only possible hope remaining is if Swann had the slightest respect or feelingfor the club and it’s supporters, but we all know this is a pipe dream. With his action of signing over all club assets to himself, this is the best gamble he as ever placed!!!, and sadly it will be the loyal Scunny fans that will be the certain losers.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.