Crowd funder

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Crowd funder

• Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Aye, for the club. Not for the owner and his own problems. I support Scunthorpe Utd FC, not David Hilton FC. He has the money to fight his own battles.

Yes he does which is why he quite rightly thanked the supporters who set it up for the sentiment but asked them to remove it!

Which is why I said he rightfully nipped it in the bud.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Thanks for your explanation, Ferrite. I see where you are coming from although I would still take issue with the analogy. First because the US Presidential electoral system is a fundraising slugfest ..so to be in it you have to do it. Secondly its not Trump’s fault that his supporters perceive the relentless flow of impeachment, accusations and arraignments as victimisation and the weaponisation of institutions that should be impartial. That is also how I see it.

Yes but the difference you’ve overlooked is that Trump has actively sought donations to his legal fund, not just to campaign funds.

Also, if you think that a man who has made a career out of breaking rules is now being victimised by finally getting his comeuppance, then I’m afraid I don’t know how to help you. There’s none so blind as those who will not see.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Some people can just do no wrong no matter what they do,Boris is ours. On the spending our government give India as an example millions and yet they have a space program.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Just seen this crowd funding idea , made me chortle .. sacre bleu DH might have to sell the Roller .. what would the neighbors think ??

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Has anyone else heard Scott Laird’s recent podcast appearance chastising Swann for swanking around in a Lamborghini?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

The thought of Swan in a Lambo is hilarious ..would he even fit in one ?? … total miss match be like putting HP sauce on a custard slice !!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

I’ll know where to come then, Ferrite when my vision clears and I recognise that you are the one to assist me.
    My initial post was to challenge the assertion that it’s somehow self evident that anyone voting for Trump must be manifesting ‘cultish’ behaviour. You are confident ..from your last statement regarding my need for ‘help’ and my ‘wilful blindness’ .. that it is self evident. I find this simplistic and insulting not only to myself but for the tens of millions who have seen Trump, over the past few years, as the better option. Its possible that you are not as invested in the US political situation as I am and therefore less well informed and even that you have formed your opinion from the BBC and other superficial sources .. I don’t know. Maybe you subscribe to the progressive agenda as represented by the Democratic Party and so Trump is some kind of bogeyman. Again I can’t be certain in the way that you are certain about me and my condition.
    Time will tell I guess.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I suggest that all this wittering about Trump is moved to non-football.

I also do not think you appear that balanced, JI, and sound very agenda laden yourself. You are also coming across rather arrogantly with assumptions about how much people pay attention to US politics. I know plenty who do so just as much as you and see Trump’s whining conspiracies for what they are.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

I like your new thumb nail says so much

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Would you rather it be a Russki?

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

If thats where you are sorry

Participant

Blimey Sidey. Some nerve touched there. It’s the ‘orange man bad’ factor I reckon. First, in agreement, I actually suggested that the Trump stuff meant this should be moved … but it was introduced on here so that’s why I responded on here.
    Did you actually read my post? I mean really read it? I explained where I was coming from .. but only speculated on anyone else. I actually said ‘I dont know’ and couldnt be certain on others motives.The only assumptions I can see in this thread were that anyone not seeing Trump as self evidently the worst candidate must be blind and ‘cultish.’ That was until your latest contribution where you make the assumption that many of your acquaintances pay as much attention to US politics as I do. How on earth is that not an assumption .. unless you’ve accurately measured their ‘attention’ and mine and found a way to compare. To be honest ..I think you went off on one a little bit because ‘everyone knows that any measure of support for Donald Trump in any situation and at any level is self evidently bad.’ And to drive the point home one can also throw in accusations of arrogance and being unbalanced and that the stating of a case is ‘agenda laden’
    As I said ..’Blimey, Sidey.’

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Hardly touched a nerve. That’s just more of your arrogance, in my opinion. However, I am pleased to know the rest of us idiots cannot possibly disagree, because to do so means we cannot know as much as your esteemed self.

As for the rest, I was just stating my opinion. Which seems to offend you and going ‘blimey’ like the ‘balance’ you love to put and how disagreeing with you must make me some irrationa; ‘orange man bad’ hysteriuc. Like I say, arrogance and not very balanced, in my opinion, from yourself.

Participant

I’ve always found you pretty reasonable in previous exchanges, Sidey. I don’t see you or any other folks I’ve taken issue with in this thread as idiots and haven’t questioned your right to disagree. I also don’t think that it would have been useful for me to throw around insults and accusations although in various ways they’ve been fired at me. I guess what this shows me is the level of passion which is evoked by this Trumpian era in US politics.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I did read it and I don’t think you are being so open in your intention. I think there was a definite charge there and it came across to me as an arrogant dismissal. So, I don’t buy your ‘speculation’ excuse. But, hey ho, my response was more of a plea to move this to non-football and say that plenty of others invested in US politics disagree. The final bit was just my opinion, but if that’s ‘going off on one’ I may was well shut up, because stating an opinion which disagrees with you will always be ‘going off on one’.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I’ve always found you pretty reasonable in previous exchanges, Sidey. I don’t see you or any other folks I’ve taken issue with in this thread as idiots and haven’t questioned your right to disagree. I also don’t think that it would have been useful for me to throw around insults and accusations although in various ways they’ve been fired at me. I guess what this shows me is the level of passion which is evoked by this Trumpian era in US politics.

I have had respect for you where we disagree. I am not bothered about the Trump support, it’s hardly a secret. It was the insinuations against anyone who disagrees with you, which seemed dismissive to me. Also, I got bored of seeing this on a football thread. Then again, I am probably contributing to that now. :-)

Participant

Good night. Sleep well.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I will just say that I maybe read too much into it as arrogance. I still disagree with the comments and how it was worded, and think it’s too dismissive of other views, but I should maybe learn to keep my opinionated gob shut sometimes. :-) I realise I can be blunt myself sometimes.

Participant

It’s definitely an emotive subject. As I said .. I find exchanges with your good self reasonable. I think its because its actually YOU who engages ..not someone reacting or trying to ‘win’ or parroting what an ideology dictates. I also note that you’re a bit of a rarity in that you are happy to acknowledge when lines are crossed and wave an olive branch. I’ll look forward to another exchange sometime soon …maybe when Trump wins the election or goes to jail :)

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Back on topic … it seems the YT guy who initially came up with the crowd funding DH gig has now confirmed the plans demise …BUT… a new idea came to him in the blink of an eye and here is the sales pitch

BTW i am not knocking the guy , hes obviously SUFC crazy .. got claret n blue blood coursing through his veins.

BRING A MATE

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.