Crowd funder

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Crowd funder

• Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I see a crowd funder was set up for Hilton’s legal fees on Facebook. I’m astonished. Not only that I saw suggestions of monthly donations of £1 to £10 for it, which would no doubt have some saying that if you’re not donating enough, you’re a Swann loving club killer. Thankfully Hilton saw common sense and nipped it in the bud.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

clowns

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

What a strange lot, like Trump supporters.

fans6464

the only crowd funder we should have is to get £3m for the iron trust to buy GP?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Saw that whole episode earlier. Bizarre. I think they meant well but clearly not thought anything through. I thought Mr White’s response insisting they stop and why was very good. This baffling post from someone on there made me chuckle: ‘I’m Dave we trust’. Sums it up well.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

What a strange lot, like Trump supporters.

. An explanation would be appreciated, Ferrite.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

they believe everything or at least follow everything he says ,like a cult

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Is it because their eyes swivel a bit too much?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Let’s hope there is a cult of David Koresh Hilton , in tradition I do hope he’s abusing all the females otherwise there’s no point to it.

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

I think the idea came from a very good place and shows how much they care for the club. As a gesture it was spot on.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’d agree with that, as said previously, just something quite bizarre and fervent how it played out. Wonder what batshit craziness will occur tomorrow? Entertaining for sure, and I like a good laugh me.

Participant

Still prefer to wait for Ferrite to answer since he posted………. however, although this really takes us to t’other side of Bru and also probably puts me in to someone’s firing line, I can’t resist responding to the explanation that, apparently, every Trump supporter ‘believes everything or at least follows everything he says ..like a cult.’
    So that’s tens of millions of US voters over two elections? That’s my highly educated and pretty discerning ( only my word for it) daughter and son in law . That’s also .. should I have been a U.S. voter .. also me over the last two elections. There were only two choices. Labelling people who have to live out the consequences of their choices in such a dismissive and insulting manner says more about the labellers than it does about Trump supporters.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

you would have voted for Trump?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I can’t be bothered getting into a debate on this forum, but I think there’s a strong element of Trump supporters who act in a highly cultish manner. Rigged elections, Qanon etc. If any Republican leader now criticises Trump, their popularity will plummet and their integrity will be questioned and accused of being deep state elitists.

I would say the analogy fits, as it would with Corbynites, Scottish nats, FBPE supporters, Johnsonites etc. Of course some who support these are not so hardline, but that doesn’t take away the cultish element of their fanbase.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Trump or the living dead now that’s an hard question.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

. An explanation would be appreciated, Ferrite.

Every time Trump is up in court, on one of his many charges, he raises huge amounts of money from his base. Now it is important to state that there is a key difference here in that Trump actively solicits this money whereas Hilton has done the right thing and asked them to stop. But the fervour of the support bore a certain level of comparison, I thought.

Participant

I would. The option in 2016 was Hilary ..in 2020 Joe Biden. I would on both occasions have felt that, whilst seeing flaws in Trumps presentation and mannerisms, that he better represented the policies which would be best for US society.

As for Sidey’s analysis .. I agree that there are ‘cultish’ elements associated with both Trump and the other examples. That doesn’t mean that the labelling in general terms is valid. I am challenging the assumption that it’s self evident that Trump is not someone that a responsible and discerning person could vote for. So ..for me ..Ferrite’s random insertion of him or his supporters into the thread should be challenged.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    Registered On: July 3, 2022
    Topics: 1

Why do so many of you get triggered by supporters choosing how they want to spend THEIR money?

They are passionate about the club and want to help in every way they can, unlike some of the idiots who have done nothing but moan on social media about the club since the internet was invented.

Same culprits EVERY season.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Making a comment is hardly being triggered. If people want to spend their money on a millionnaire, fine, but I find it astonishing. I do agree with PorthlevenIron’s comment.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Donald Trump. Ready to Make America Hate Again.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant

Where’s the line when it comes to someone’s net worth and whether you’re ‘allowed’ to spend on them?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I just think spending money on a court case to help him when he can afford it daft and cultish. Sorry.

Participant

Thanks for your explanation, Ferrite. I see where you are coming from although I would still take issue with the analogy. First because the US Presidential electoral system is a fundraising slugfest ..so to be in it you have to do it. Secondly its not Trump’s fault that his supporters perceive the relentless flow of impeachment, accusations and arraignments as victimisation and the weaponisation of institutions that should be impartial. That is also how I see it.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

If only the institutions were impartial and didn’t investigate a president for rule breaking. That always ends well.

Sarcasm aside, I do find that view concerning among Republicans. The idea that it’s sacriligeous to hold democratic standards against someone where there is reason to suspect there’s been rule breaking. Typically, it’s only been against their guy though. Wanting Democrats locked up, no matter how spurious, is often fair game.

That will be it here. No discussions from me on this now, given that this is a football thread.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant

Football is very cultish except for those who for some strange reason would rather use social media to rip their club to shreds. Not just at SUFC, but around the country.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Aye, for the club. Not for the owner and his own problems. I support Scunthorpe Utd FC, not David Hilton FC. He has the money to fight his own battles.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant

Pretty sure the eviction would affect SUFC more than it would Hilton. Each to their own though.
    Sure there’ll be something else to be triggered by tomorrow.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It would, but as I say, he can afford it and I find the blind trust in Hilton in that alarming. Triggering is not making an astonished comment on this, but being hurt by others’ opinions. Like on that Facebook group, where dissenting opinions can get them removed.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

I would. The option in 2016 was Hilary ..in 2020 Joe Biden. I would on both occasions have felt that, whilst seeing flaws in Trumps presentation and mannerisms, that he better represented the policies which would be best for US society.

As for Sidey’s analysis .. I agree that there are ‘cultish’ elements associated with both Trump and the other examples. That doesn’t mean that the labelling in general terms is valid. I am challenging the assumption that it’s self evident that Trump is not someone that a responsible and discerning person could vote for. So ..for me ..Ferrite’s random insertion of him or his supporters into the thread should be challenged.

Why do you feel the need to justify yourself to somebody that supported Corbyn??? Just ignore it.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

Aye, for the club. Not for the owner and his own problems. I support Scunthorpe Utd FC, not David Hilton FC. He has the money to fight his own battles.

Yes he does which is why he quite rightly thanked the supporters who set it up for the sentiment but asked them to remove it!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.