Home Forums Non Football Corbyn out, Starmer in

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 121
    Replies: 3837

Will this finally put an end to the Corbyn references from a selected few on here? I won’t hold my breath.

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 121
    Replies: 3837

And I didn’t mean 99%, who’s piss is probably boiling that RLB didn’t get in.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 248
    Replies: 10964

Seeing as how Middle England soils it’s pants at the sound of the words “Hard Left” if Labour want to recapture lost ground then I’m afraid it was a case of shit or bust!

Had Long-Bailey won then I guess it would have been “as you were”.

It would have been a nigh-on impossible task to find a candidate that satisfied all criteria, but with what is effectively a two party system (until others get their arses into gear) there are bound to be divisions in both of the major political groups.

Not sure if this knight will be the Sir Galahad we’ve been looking for but I’ll be interested to see how he sets about the grail quest.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 1816

Given that we could well see an in-party struggle if Starmer moves away from the ideal of the hard left, there could well be mutterings over the state of the party in Corbyn’s wake. The ramifications of the disastrous Corbyn experiment have had a huge impact on the party, so a critical analysis of Corbyn is needed. Criticism of him is needed and shouldn’t go away.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 1909

If that’s the case BRI, can I request that a separate sub-forum be set up (the blame Corbyn forum) because I am sick of reading any more about him, and for his name to be used every time as an easy target whenever a poster is unable to debate an issue.

3 users thanked author for this post.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 1816

Well, I won’t be using it for those purposes. I would only invoke him if I deemed it relevant, such as for the state of the party, bemoaning the legacy of a factional struggle because of the hard left that he represents trying to keep control and the outcome of the EHRC report. I won’t be using him as a response to anything put foreward by Starmer’s leadership. Corbyn’s thankfully going to return to his backbench comfort zone, and if the EHRC report is as damning as suspected I’d argue that this is too good for him.

But, no, I won’t be saying but Corbyn’s Labour would be as bad as [insert Tory policy/error here] given that he’s no longer leader.

Big J
    Blocked
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 40

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.