Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Lost the dressing room.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I don’t agree with this. Even at their worst they don’t look like a side who don’t give a toss. It’s a team selection, tactical and onfield decision-making problem. Too much cut and not enough thrust, as they say.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Difficult to identify if a player is giving 90% or 100%

Ten outfield players only giving 90% and you’re a man down.

Agree with the rest though.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Might be other factors behind the scenes as mentioned by a few posters.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Pity they can’t reveal more.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Maybe Michelle and co have lost Jimmy, maybe they haven’t entered contract negotiations with him.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

Maybe Michelle and co have lost Jimmy, maybe they haven’t entered contract negotiations with him.
    Hopefully…

KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

Just a thought. In terms of crowd attendances does it matter if we go up or not ?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Well I think that season ticket sales will increase by at least a thousand no matter what,don’t think we’ll know the full squad by then to make a better call on it,then it’s down to performances on the pitch whichever league were in , just the same as normal really.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Will it be easier to become sustainable in NLN. The fact is it will be a lot cheaper than the National league. I hope I’m wrong but can’t see us getting out of this awful league anytime soon.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Surely sponsorship of a NL team will cost more than NLN and, if what we read is correct, the players are already on NL (and above) wages.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

What are posters hinting could be wrong behind the scenes ?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Is promotion important ? In light of near extinction stability is first priority and the bigger gates will be helping deal with the debts left by the deserting owner that was. But then up a league and we would receive a bigger cash input from the higher league and larger away followings.

But then at the end of this season many players will have a shock in what is on the table financially should they be offered a new contract. Suspect there will be a bigger clearout than promotion would normally yield. Then of course recruitment will be based on a new budget although as some say season ticket sales will increase hopefully giving the club a boost.

The issue is not just dropping points it is the attitude supporters see when it happens. Give everything and the supporters will be proud of their team, look less than interested then gates will drop.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant

The Cost cutting has started, two members of the back room staff have gone(Confirmed), players told they’re up for sale?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Perhaps if they brought someone clever enough in to boost our finances, the guy we brought back in isn’t, making the community game the Chester game, ya know one of the few games that a bigger than normal crowd was expected due to the away following, reducing seat prices for most by £3, season tickets bring a friend for a tenner, free service personnel and whatever,
    Surely Curzon or Banbury should have been the games to go for this guy is costing the club thousands I was told he’d make us thousands.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

My view is that it is vitally important for our long term survival (that we go up). The goodwill will soon dissipate when we slide further into anonymity. We’ll have a core of supporters but we’re not a mad passionate local football supporting town. We’re massively out of the spotlight, BBC updates, Sky Ticker, general coverage. Long term it means less attraction for players and fans alike. We’ve watched some great football in the past but a long term stay in this division is not something I would look forward to, the quality is just too shit. Don’t mind consolidating in NL for a bit but NLN is just shit, the refs, the away fan(s) the grounds. It’s quirky for the first season but going to these places for the next 2-5 years – we’ll be down to 1,500 in no time and then we’ll be part time just hanging around these leagues with fat immobile centre forwards who ‘put it about a bit’. I watched last night and thought it was so slow laboured and not very enjoyable, how we’ve fallen so far so quickly, and this squad are supposed to be full time professionals

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The Cost cutting has started, two members of the back room staff have gone(Confirmed), players told they’re up for sale?

Of course the cost cutting has started, what did you expect ? Chronic over spending due to poor leadership is what has put us where we are and it has to be reversed.

The comment re players up for sale, you look around from the premier league any player has a price – Ivan Toney is for sale.

CMCCMC
    Participant

Perhaps if they brought someone clever enough in to boost our finances, the guy we brought back in isn’t, making the community game the Chester game, ya know one of the few games that a bigger than normal crowd was expected due to the away following, reducing seat prices for most by £3, season tickets bring a friend for a tenner, free service personnel and whatever,
    Surely Curzon or Banbury should have been the games to go for this guy is costing the club thousands I was told he’d make us thousands.

You’re of that age what was that song by the Who? “Won’t be fooled again”?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Not sure CMC was suggesting it wouldn’t / shouldn’t have started SF? If I was a player up for sale I’d be doing my best to put myself in the shop window. Doesn’t make sense for that to be a reason for performance drop. Though I’m not saying it’s not. Who knows? A lot more complex than that I’m sure.

CMCCMC
    Participant

Not sure CMC was suggesting it wouldn’t / shouldn’t have started SF?

We’ve expected it for months tbh, if you’ve uprooted yourself from say the South of England say to your contract we can’t afford it anymore you’re going to be a bit peed off.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

More good work by this new board,Simon apart,he’s a big fan it seems likee you and he were of Hilton

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Regarding the staff who have moved on.

One of our first team Physio’s has taken up a role within the NHS and we’ve replaced him with our old Physio from 2013, who’s agreed to come to the club as match day Physio until the end of season. Now we only have 1 full time physio.

The other member of staff Boden who was first team football analyst has moved to Carlisle United and we haven’t replaced him. I doubt we ever will now he’s gone.

Do you really need one at this level ?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Just read todays programme and the Community game against Chester is all about breaking the league record attendance good luck with that, I do hope Glynn has put his head on the line persuading Michelle to go for that costing her and the club money indeed, egg on someone’s face unless Chester fill the away end.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Have you offered your services as a consultant yet? Bucks was keen on that once – PR guru to Swann.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I miss Bucks. Has he ditched us because we’ve sunk this low?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I don’t think the club needs another non playing staff member adding to wage bill Deerey, but thanks for the thought you know damn well I’d make a better fist of it than the incumbent, The club have run plenty of community days and half filled it with kids in the away end against a team who’s not going to bring many fans if it ain’t
    broke don’t try to fix it, no need for us to try and play the big time Charlie and go for the record attendance and then end up looking silly.
    The record attendance is attainable but that will come from results on the pitch and not people walking away from grounds being disappointed most week’s.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I don’t think the club needs another non playing staff member adding to wage bill Deerey, but thanks for the thought you know damn well I’d make a better fist of it than the incumbent, The club have run plenty of community days and half filled it with kids in the away end against a team who’s not going to bring many fans if it ain’t
    broke don’t try to fix it, no need for us to try and play the big time Charlie and go for the record attendance and then end up looking silly.
    The record attendance is attainable but that will come from results on the pitch and not people walking away from grounds being disappointed most week’s.

Spot on post that AWG .. especially the last sentence.
    Play attractive entertaining football score goals and the buzz will return naturally .. nobody even the loyalist fans want to go hope feeling depressed and ripped off by what they have just experienced leading many to find an alternative way to use their time and money.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘you know damn well I’d make a better fist of it than the incumbent’.

Lol, I reckon Glynn knows what he’s doing.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Based on what Deerey please do tell, go on just one good call he’s made since he’s arrived back.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I don’t manage him. It was more a point about you thinking you could do a better job. I’m thinking Harrogate away.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.